• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tood Howard Bethesda Games New Information from Reddit AMA

Draugoth

Gold Member
Todd Howard anwsered some stuff on his Reddit AMA regarding various games:

Full Thread:

Starfield:

starfield3.jpg

• Very Confident of Release Date
  • Will (sorta) have robot companions
  • Game will have full mod support.
  • You can pick pronouns (he, she, they) and they recorded dialogue for your character creation choices.
  • Will be shown again next Summer
Skyrim Anniversary Edition:

Skyrim-Anniversary_10-29-21-768x432-1.jpg

• Runs at 4K and 60 Fps on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5.
  • Runs at 60 Fps on Xbox series S.
The Elder Scrolls VI:

tes6-1280x450.jpg

• Still very far away.
  • Todd son also wants to know about TES VI. He wrote him a Father's day letter saying" Hey dad, where is TES VI?"

Fallout 76:

fallout-76-cover.jpg

• Over 11 Million People played the game
  • More modding and customization tools coming.

Last edited:

CheeseCake

I'm surprised people still believe whatever this guy has to say given the fiasco that was Fallout 76 and the insanely misleading marketing.

I can't blame them though, the guy has tons of charisma.

Phase

We all know Todd is full of shit, so let's just hope Starfield is progressing well and turns out great. I'd very much like to play a fun new sci-fi game.

Last edited:
Todd Howard anwsered some stuff on his Reddit AMA regarding various games:

Full Thread:

Starfield:

starfield3.jpg

• Very Confident of Release Date
  • Will (sorta) have robot companions
  • Game will have full mod support.
  • You can pick pronouns (he, she, they) and they recorded dialogue for your character creation choices.
  • Will be shown again next Summer
Skyrim Anniversary Edition:

Skyrim-Anniversary_10-29-21-768x432-1.jpg

• Runs at 4K and 60 Fps on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5.
  • Runs at 60 Fps on Xbox series S.
The Elder Scrolls VI:

tes6-1280x450.jpg

• Still very far away.
  • Todd son also wants to know about TES VI. He wrote him a Father's day letter saying" Hey dad, where is TES VI?"

Fallout 76:

fallout-76-cover.jpg

• Over 11 Million People played the game
  • More modding and customization tools coming.

Jesus !!
I can only get so hard and I'll need a bucket and some towels.

MOTM

Banned
I'm surprised people still believe whatever this guy has to say given the fiasco that was Fallout 76 and the insanely misleading marketing.

What are you even talking about ..

Do you still believe what Sony has to say given the fact they lied about believing in generations?

If so, why? Neither Jim nor Helmut has charisma.

CheeseCake

Do you still believe what Sony has to say given the fact they lied about believing in generations?

1. You clearly didn't read what I said.

2. I didn't even mention Sony or any of their executives.

But anyway:

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member

Jesus man, get over it. If a game is good, it's good. Who cares which generation? Forza horizon 5 also proves it doesn't have to be an either or.

JoeBudden

I love Bethesda games, but literally every game since Oblivion has copied its core gameplay loop to the miniscule details, where it feels like a reskin with some cheap mods. People literally called Fallout 3, 'Oblivion with guns'.

With that said, Starfield is still Day One tho.

RCU005

Why did they announce TES VI again?

I mean we all know it was coming someday, anyway. Having the confirmation that it's actually in development doesn't even mean anything, since things can happen and get cancelled. Look at games such as FFV13, Agent, Deep Down, etc.

Those announcements that are just a logo (or a short CGI teaser) are a waste of time. In fact, they could do more harm than good if things get complicated in their development, because people are now aware.

And the announcement came much earlier than Microsoft's acquisition,so it's not like they did it as a "please be excited for XSX" thing.

RCU005

How did they lie exactly.

I don't have the link right now, but Jim Ryan did lie about the "we believe in generations" phrase (now a meme, lol!)
He did explicitly say that PS was committed in delivering new experiences ONLY for PS5, and then they began confirming games to be cross-gen, and even GT7 which was supposed to be PS5 exclusive, was also announced to be cross-gen (which people believe it was decided later, and not made for PS4 from scratch).

I don't have the link right now, but Jim Ryan did lie about the "we believe in generations" phrase (now a meme, lol!)
He did explicitly say that PS was committed in delivering new experiences ONLY for PS5, and then they began confirming games to be cross-gen, and even GT7 which was supposed to be PS5 exclusive, was also announced to be cross-gen (which people believe it was decided later, and not made for PS4 from scratch).

demon souls? returnal? ratchet and clank? its not like they specifically said every game after the Release of PS5 will be only available on PS5. the never once said that. the closest we have is that GT7 trailer and we already know it was planned to be PS5 only before they changed their minds. so than it wasnt really a lie was it?

demon souls? returnal? ratchet and clank? its not like they specifically said every game after the Release of PS5 will be only available on PS5. the never once said that. the closest we have is that GT7 trailer and we already know it was planned to be PS5 only before they changed their minds. so than it wasnt really a lie was it?

Right. They also said this…

People are just hanging onto the generations line because they felt attacked by it. Sony has released a half dozen next gen games and got at least two more coming out next year. They also have next gen only hardware with the dualsense, features with the 3d audio and UI and next gen VR launching next year.

Last edited:

RCU005

Well, yes and no. I think it was more like a manipulation by hiding it. IMO, every game that was shown in the PS5 showcase should've clearly said it was cross-gen, but they didn't because they knew people would get disappointed and there was going to be a backlash. When people saw Horizon FW and GOW:R they never thought they were going to be cross-gen.

People are just hanging onto the generations line because they felt attacked by it. Sony has released a half dozen next gen games and got at least two more coming out next year. They also have next gen only hardware with the dualsense, features with the 3d audio and UI and next gen VR launching next year.

It's not that they felt attacked. I think Jim Ryan abused the good faith people have (had?) in PlayStation. They had everything going for them, they were already on top, so why make a false statement, and one that it actually causes a lot of disappointment? After all, if you remember the PS4, most of its biggest hits started to come out in 2016. I think it began with Uncharted 4 in 2016, so that was almost 3 years after launch. The same is happening with the PS5.

Leyasu

Banned
You think they're going to stop rereleasing Skyrim and start rereleasing Oblivion? I'd like to see that. Maybe they could make the NPCs less ugly this time.
?? Why did they make starfield if they only planned on rereleasing Skyrim and Oblivion for eternity?

Well, yes and no. I think it was more like a manipulation by hiding it. IMO, every game that was shown in the PS5 showcase should've clearly said it was cross-gen, but they didn't because they knew people would get disappointed and there was going to be a backlash. When people saw Horizon FW and GOW:R they never thought they were going to be cross-gen.

It's not that they felt attacked. I think Jim Ryan abused the good faith people have (had?) in PlayStation. They had everything going for them, they were already on top, so why make a false statement, and one that it actually causes a lot of disappointment? After all, if you remember the PS4, most of its biggest hits started to come out in 2016. I think it began with Uncharted 4 in 2016, so that was almost 3 years after launch. The same is happening with the PS5.

Ps5 has already had big games, why does everyone ignore returnal, rift apart, demon’s souls, miles? The ps5 is doing way better than the ps4 in terms of software in its launch year.

Last edited:

Fbh

Did they talk about mod support on Xbox?
I'm sure the option for graphical mods might be limited, but from a hardware perspective there should be nothing stopping mods like replacing your ship for thomas the tank engine

I see reddit made the best questions.

The bugs and crashes will be slightly more irritating knowing they couldn't take the time to polish that but they did have the time and budget to record all the dialog a third time for this.

Top Bottom