• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top 10 Anime Characters of All Time

MeteorVII

Before I proceed, I’d like to let everyone know that, of course, at the end of the day this is all simply 100% FACTUALLY CORRECT and you’re wrong and stupid if you disagree. Cool. Let’s go:

10. GUTS

b3qICOy.jpg

stn

Berserk is one of the few animes I watched, so I definitely vote for Guts. Not familiar with the other selections except for the protagonist from Cowboy Bebop (never watched it though).

Ballthyrm

Almost all Shonen Characters, really ?
Anyways here is my list:

• Johan Liebert (Monster)

• Yang Wen-li (Legend of the Galactic Heroes)

• Totoro (Totoro)

• Porco Rosso (Porco Rosso)

• Lupin the Third (in Everything ! )

• Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell)

• Char Aznable (Gundam)

• Mima Kirigoe (Perfect Blue)

• Spike Spiegel (CowBoy Bebop)

• Lady Eboshi (Princess Mononoke)

There will never be another fictitious villain as good as Johan Liebert.
My point was when you make a thread about the top anime characters OF ALL TIME and then proceed to pick these ten from like the past 20 years and from mostly the shounen genre you're begging to be ridiculed, i'm not big into anime anymore (stopped watching season Al shows around 2012-13) but there are far more complex and interesting characters from the 60s, 70s and 80s.

Edit: Also Monster isn't even Urasawa's best work IMO that belongs to 20th Century Boys, also Johan is good but COME ON in all of fiction? GTFO.

Last edited:

MeteorVII

My point was when you make a thread about the top anime characters OF ALL TIME and then proceed to pick these ten from like the past 20 years and from mostly the shounen genre you're begging to be ridiculed,
Most of the highest rated Animes and Mangas are Shonen, so I really have no idea what delusional realm you’re living in to be perfectly honest...

And the past 20 years have had universally-recognised eras of outstanding anime production, so again, you don’t really seem like you know what you’re talking about.

i'm not big into anime anymore (stopped watching season Al shows around 2012-13) but there are far more complex and interesting characters from the 60s, 70s and 80s.
Aside from Lupin and Akira, no actually there really isn’t.

Edit: Also Monster isn't even Urasawa's best work IMO that belongs to 20th Century Boys, also Johan is good but COME ON in all of fiction? GTFO.
20th Century Boys is fucking garbage. It was the cliffnote-template version of Monster. “Let’s have another mystery villain and a whole CAST of characters that oppose him this time, except have none of them actually be interesting or developed beyond stock archetypes!”

And name another villain as well written as Johan. I’ll wait.

Last edited:

johntown

Banned
1. Goku - anyone who does not have this is just wrong.

2. Edward Elric - Fullmetal Alchemist

3. Spike Speigel - Cowboy Beebop

4. Alucard - Hellsing Ultimate

5. Light Yagami - Death Note

6. Guts - Berserk

7. Clare - Claymore

8. Mob - Mob Psycho

9. Vash - Trigun

10. Eren - Attack on Titan

Most of the highest rated Animes and Mangas are Shonen, so I really have no idea what delusional realm you’re living in to be perfectly honest...

And the past 20 years have had universally-recognised eras of outstanding anime production, so again, you don’t really seem like you know what you’re talking about.

Aside from Lupin and Akira, no actually there really isn’t.

20th Century Boys is fucking garbage. It was the cliffnote-template version of Monster. “Let’s have another mystery villain and a whole CAST of characters that oppose him this time, except have none of them actually be interesting or developed beyond stock archetypes!”

And name another villain as well written as Johan. I’ll wait.
So basically you're a brainlet with shit tastes that ignores anything made before 1999 that's not brainless action/friends are my power type shows and think the 70s/80s didn't have ground breaking timeless classics, good to know! Feel free to ignore my posts then, good day.

Also you seem to limit yourself to officially licenced shows, if so L O L.

Last edited:

MeteorVII

The most iconic, memorable, powerful and well known anime character ever created? Even people who don't watch anime know who Goku is.
Right, that would make sense as the show aired a lot and was everywhere — so a lot of people would naturally know about him, but I’m asking what is special about him as a character?

So basically you're a brainlet with shit tastes that ignores anything made before 1999 that's not brainless action/friends are my power type shows
Literally half of my list were characters pre-1999 that didn’t have anything to do with action or “friendship power”, as was the highest ranking one.

You seem slightly retarded.

Last edited:
Top Bottom