• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top 10 NEW Games of December 2021

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

December 2021 is filled with new games release for PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S/One, and more. Here's everything worth paying attention to.

10 ANVIL: Vault Breakers

Platform : PC

Release Date : December 2, 2021

9 Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach

Platform : PC PS4 PS5

Release Date : December 16, 2021

8 Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker

Platform : PC MAC PS4 PS5

Release Date : December 7, 2021

7 Century: Age of Ashes

6 Solar Ash

Platform : PC PS5 PS4

5 Big Brain Academy: Brain vs. Brain

Platform : Switch

Release Date : December 3

4 Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun - Aiko's Choice

Release Date : December 6, 2021

3 The Gunk

Platform : PC XSX|S Xbox One

Release Date : December 16, 2021

2 White Shadows

Platform : PC PS5 XSX|S

Release Date : December 7, 2021

1 Halo Infinite

Platform : PC XSX|S XBOX ONE

Release Date : December 8, 2021

BONUS

CHORUS

Platform : PS4 XSX|S Google Stadia PC PS5 Xbox One

Release Date : December 3, 2021

Loop Hero

Platform : PC Linux March 4, 2021

Release Date : Switch December 9, 2021 [Now coming to switch]

0:00 Intro
0:11 ANVIL: Vault Breakers
1:28 Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach
2:46 Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker
3:49 Century: Age of Ashes
4:41 Solar Ash
5:55 Big Brain Academy: Brain vs. Brain
7:11 Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun - Aiko's Choice
8:01 The Gunk
9:31 White Shadows
10:48 Halo Infinite
12:26 BONUS

Master Chief Halo GIF by Xbox

For me.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
In for FFXIV.

Wish the best to Xbros for Halo Infinite's campaign. Combat Evolved is still sublime, even with the reused levels.

Markio128

Yeeesh - thankfully I have the mother of all backlogs - enough to keep me sweet until Horizon and GT7 drop. Oh, and Elden Ring. Feb and March are going to be sweeeet.
sweet scratch GIF

Vagswarm

Halo might be the second game this year that I purchase on or close to its release date. Usually I wait until a price drop or longer, lol. Hopefully the early word of mouth is positive.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Ayyyy there's a new Shadow Tactics expansion?

I loved that game, but seems weird to drop DLC for your 5 year old game when you just released Desperados 3 this year

Bkdk

Since it's on gamepass I'll give halo infinite a try, for me first priority in december so far probably just replay spellforce 3 with their remastered version. Hopefully there will be aoe4 moddability update and hints of Age of Mythology 2.

Novacain

Ayyyy there's a new Shadow Tactics expansion?

I loved that game, but seems weird to drop DLC for your 5 year old game when you just released Desperados 3 this year
It's an "expandalone" so not really a DLC for the first game - not-quite-dlc-not-quite-sequel but I'm guessing they are using this to gauge interest for a full scale sequel!

Last edited:

Lightjolly

Neo Member
Only interested in Chorus and a looooong maybe for Halo, since I've never played any of the others

Solar ash is a meh, maybe. I didn't like Hyper Light Drifter, so I'm not thrilled for this one, but we'll see

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

It's been a pretty crazy year for games with huge successes and major disappointments alike.

Nevertheless, it all comes to a close in December and there's quite a diverse line-up of titles to experience, whether one seeks platforming goodness, adventures and investigations, or space combat. Let's take a look at 11 big games releasing in December 2021.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Only the Shadow Tactics expansion for me. I will also pick up Evil Genius 2 when it comes out on PS5 next week... technically still a November release, but to be played in December. :)

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

While this December is surprisingly slim in terms of the number of major releases, it's definitely not lacking in quality. Halo Infinite and the hotly anticipated Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach are both on their way. There's also a slew of fun indie titles that are definitely worth your attention, plus a Danganronpa collection for the Nintendo Switch.

0:00 - Intro
0:17 - Danganronpa Decadence
2:38 - Cricket 22
3:18 - Disney Magical World 2: Enchanted Edition
3:52 - Halo Infinite
5:18 - Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach
5:53 - Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker
6:19 - Happy's Humble Burger Farm
6:38 - White Shadows
6:54 - KEO
7:09 - Firegirl Hack 'n Splash Rescue
7:26 - Rogue Invader