• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top 10 NEW Games of December 2022

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Looking for something to play on pC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S/One or Nintendo Switch this December? We got you covered with these video game release dates.

0:00 Intro
0:15 Choo-Choo Charles
1:34 Crisis Core –Final Fantasy 7– Reunion
2:40 The Witcher 3
3:41 Knights of Honor 2: Sovereign
4:46 Samurai Maiden
5:51 The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Chapter 2: Retribution
6:45 High On Life
8:05 Marvel's Midnight Suns
9:21 Need For Speed Unbound
10:32 The Callisto Protocol
11:36 BONUS

10 Choo-Choo Charles

Platform :- PC

Release Date :- December 9, 2022

9 Crisis Core –Final Fantasy 7– Reunion

PC PS5 XSX|S PS4 XBOX ONE Switch

Release Date :- December 13, 2022

8 The Witcher 3

Platform :- PS5 XSX|S

Release Date :- December 14, 2022

7 Knights of Honor 2: Sovereign

Platform :- PC

Release Date :- December 6, 2022

6 Samurai Maiden

Platform :- PC Switch PS4 PS5

Release Date :- December 8, 2022

5 The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Chapter 2: Retribution

Platform :- PC Meta Quest 2

Release Date :- December 1, 2022

4 High On Life

Platform :- PC XSX|S Xbox One

Release Date :- December 13, 2022

3 Marvel's Midnight Suns

Platform :- PC PS5 XSX|S

Release Date :- December 2, 2022

2 Need For Speed Unbound

Platform :- PC PS5 XSX|S

1 The Callisto Protocol

Platform :- PC PS5 XSX|S PS4 XBOX ONE

BONUS

Back 4 Blood: River of Blood DLC

Platform :- PC PS5 XSX|S PS4 XBOX ONE

Release Date :- December 6

Hello Neighbor 2

Platform :- PS4 PS5 Xbox One XSX|S PC

Release Date :- December 6, 2022

Callisto protocol and choo choo for me.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Only these two games for me this month....
The%20Callisto%20Protocol%20D1%20packshot%20PS5.jpg
3max.jpg

GymWolf

Holy hell i wasn't aware that high on life was a december game.

Well callisto, evil west and high on life for me.

Reactions: Isa

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Might get Callisto, it's been a while since I played a modern AAA (AAAA?) game and I loved Dead Space back then, so this one could be cool.

There's also this one coming out btw!

Can't wait to dive into it and start learning all it's systems.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Unless the reviews are abysmal, Callisto Protocol and The Walking Sead: Saints and Sinners 2 for me. One's a spiritual successor to one of my top series and the other is the sequel to me favorite VR game. Let's goooooo

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

2022 is coming to a close, and while we’re all eagerly awaiting to see what 2023 has in store for us, let’s not forget that this year still has quite a few games before the sun sets completely. Whether you’re looking to get High on Life, or get blasted with nostalgia by Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7 Reunion, there’s going to be plenty to play. Here are all the biggest games releasing on PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch in December 2022.

The release date for Marvel’s Midnight Suns has changed quite a few times, but the long-awaited strategy card game is finally hitting consoles and PC on December 2nd, but it doesn’t stop there. Releasing the same exact day is the latest, stylistic entry in the Need for Speed franchise, titled Need for Speed Unbound – but we’re still not done. Also on December 2nd, dive into the gory, spiritual successor to the Dead Space franchise in Striking Distance Studios' Callisto Protocol.

After the rush of early month games, you’ll get a short break (except for Choo-Choo Charles which looks to be the wildest game ever made), but it pick back up mid-month with the long-awaited Witcher 3 PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S release. And lastly, we’ll also see Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7 Reunion, the “more than a remaster” of PSP’s Crisis Core hit both PlayStation and Xbox on December 13th, alongside High on Life, which hits Game Pass on day one!

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Mercifully slow month for me. I'll play High on Life at some point. Looking forward to it. Comedy is pretty rare in gaming so it could be a nice change.

Calisto I will probably look at several months from now. Midnight Suns is something I'd get on a deep sale or never but I have faint interest in it. I dont need a PSP FFVII game. Played it when it came out and it wasn't that great but I'm not a huge fan of FFVII like most people. I'd get it on deep sale, which SQEX is good about doing.

Front Mission is a maybe for me, Nov 30th. But it can wait. Have plenty to play.

I got Walking Dead 1 for Quest but haven't gotten to it yet. If its as great as everyone says I'll be getting part 2 eventually.

Last edited:
Midnight Suns and Callisto Protocol already pre-ordered.
I will probably get Crisis Core FF7 as well, just don't know on which platfrom. Leaning towards Switch.

Then there's also Witcher 3. Very busy month for me.

Fredrik

I’ll just keep on playing Ragnarök and Elden Ring for now and will jump into nextgen patched The Witcher 3 eventually on PC. Slow month for me. That Tunic-like Aka game shown in the IGN video looks neat though.

Bartski

Gold Member
only Callisto Protocol. Stoked for next Friday!

Maybe Midnight suns if it reviews super well... maybe a demo? I'm a huge Xcom fan but I can't stand Marvel and nothing I have seen of the game convinces me.

amigastar

only Callisto Protocol. Stoked for next Friday!

Maybe Midnight suns if it reviews super well... maybe a demo? I'm a huge Xcom fan but I can't stand Marvel and nothing I have seen of the game convinces me.
Yeah, that seems to be the case for many people, the universe it takes place in. I'm only interested in it because of Jake Solomon (the dev of new Xcom and Xcom 2)

I won’t be buying anything at launch but Callisto and Crisis Core are the main events here.

I’m a huge XCOM fan but card based tactical combat is not great imo, I’ll wait for reviews.

Chained Echoes is a nice looking JRPG.

Don’t know too much about the other indie games but Kynseed, Blacktail and Cygnus Enterprises are on my wishlist.

Dwarf Fortress is coming to Steam on Dec 6 too.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Calisto
Crisis Core
High on Life
NFS's 10 hr trial should be enough for me
Maybe Midnight Suns if it turns out to be good

• Thoughtful
Nothing of interest for me. I'm very slowly savouring GOWR until February for the release of Hogwarts Legacy.

Last edited:

Laptop1991

Nothing really for me, the Witcher 3 upgrade is the only 1, i use to play the Need For Speeds years ago but after Most Wanted in 05 i stopped, but i just got the Ragnorak dlc for Valhalla so i'm ok for now and December.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Still not sure what to ask Santa for? Well lucky for you this December is a little busier than normal, so we’ve got some great ideas for your wish list. Here are 10 of the biggest games coming out in December 2022.

The Callisto Protocol is a new original survival-horror game set on Callisto--a moon of Jupiter. More specifically, it's set in a prison called Black Iron located on Callisto in 2320, with protagonist Jacob Lee finding himself trapped as mutating humans begin taking over and murdering other inmates. If dead things in space sound familiar, that's because The Callisto Protocol is being developed by Dead Space co-creator Glen Schofield’s new company, Striking Distance Studios.

Marvel's Midnight Suns is the next game from developer Firaxis Games, the studio behind Civilization and the past three XCOM games. Though it has tactical strategy elements, Marvel's Midnight Suns is far from a superhero reskin of XCOM. Instead of set abilities, your heroes will each have a deck of ability cards that get shuffled together when you bring three of them into combat together. Those cards range from basic attacks to special skills, allowing you to buff other players or toss enemies around the battlefield. The cards can also be customized with variations to suit your playstyle.

Need for Speed has a number of games about street racing, but Need for Speed Unbound might just be one of the most distinct entries in the long-running series, thanks to its cel-shaded visuals that make it look like a high-speed anime series. In the story players will attempt to win The Grand, the ultimate street racing challenge in Lakeshore, collecting cars and using them as a canvas to show off their personal style on the streets.

Timestamps:
00:00 - Intro
00:12 - The Callisto Protocol
01:18 - Marvel’s Midnight Suns
02:13 - Need For Speed Unbound
03:22 - Hello Neighbor 2
04:14 - Chained Echoes
04:56 - Choo-Choo Charles
05:39 - Dragon Quest Treasures
06:23 - Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion
07:29 - High on Life
08:19 - The Witcher 3 Next-Gen Update

Last edited:

elmalloc

What are the chances Sports Story doesn't actually come out in "December 2022"? Their website shows it was supposed to be launched in December 2020. I've been waiting for this game for a while.

Top Bottom