• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top 10 NEW Games of February 2023

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Looking for something to play on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S/One and Nintendo Switch this February? We've got you covered with these game releases and release dates.

0:00 Intro
0:16 Scars Above
1:01 Sons of the Forest
2:01 Wanted: Dead
2:57 Octopath Traveler II
3:47 Company of Heroes 3
5:12 Horizon Call of the Mountain
6:14 Like a Dragon: Ishin!
7:34 Wild Hearts
8:35 Atomic Heart
9:45 Hogwarts Legacy

#10 Scars Above

Platform : PC PS4 PS5 XSX|S

Release Date : February 28, 2023

#9 Sons of the Forest

Platform : PC

Release Date : February 23, 2023

#8 Wanted: Dead

Platform : PC PS4 PS5 Xbox One XSX|S

Release Date : February 14, 2023

#7 Octopath Traveler II

Platform : PC PS4 PS5 Switch

Release Date : February 24, 2023

#6 Company of Heroes 3

Platform : PC February 23, 2023

Release Date : PS5 XSX|S 2023

#5 Horizon Call of the Mountain

Platform : PS5

Release Date : February 22, 2023

#4 Like a Dragon: Ishin!

Platform : PC PS4 PS5 XSX|S Xbox One

Release Date : February 21, 2023

#3 Wild Hearts

Platform : PC PS5 XSX|S

Release Date : February 17, 2023

#2 Atomic Heart

Release Date : February 21, 2023

#1 Hogwarts Legacy

Platform : PC XSX|S PS5 February 10, 2023

Release Date : PS4 Xbox One April 04, 2023 | Switch July 25, 2023

BONUS

Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe

Platform : Switch

Release Date : February 24, 2023

Destiny 2: Lightfall

Release Date : February 28, 2023

Deliver Us Mars

Platform : PC PS4 PS5 Xbox One XSX|S

Release Date : February 2, 2023

Atomic heart and coh 3 for me.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Theatrhythm (not listed) and Octopath Traveler II for me though.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Company of heroes 3 is my top pick for the month. They even advertised it on Hardcore History. Dan Carlin knows it is a good game.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Wanted: Dead, Octopath Traveler II, Like a Dragon: Ishin! and Atomic Heart, those I'll play for sure.

Company of Heroes 3 is a maybe, and Wild Hearts looks very cool too, but it's EA.

The_hunter

I'm looking forward to Drainus on the switch from team ladybug. Kirby returns to dreamland always wanted to play that.

Yakuza looks great, wanted dead is a maybe. Octopath 2 and the final fantasy music game I'll wait a bit before getting those.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
I have Hogwarts Legacy & Wild Hearts this month and I'll play Atomic Heart on game pass :)

I am interested in both Like a Dragon Ishin & Wanted Dead but I'll grab them later on when I have time to play them & they are hopefully a little cheaper :)

kunonabi

Wanted: Dead and Octopath Traveler II for sure. Like a Dragon: Ishin! as well assuming they don't screw it up.

Clover904

I’ll be picking up Horizon via the psvr2 bundle. Happy to see so many games get free psvr2 updates, so we’ll all have plenty to play with just the psvr2 purchase.

Gran Turismo 7, Resident Evil 8, No Man’s Sky, Job Simulator…

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Wanted: Dead and Octopath Traveler II for sure. Like a Dragon: Ishin! as well assuming they don't screw it up.
Not gonna lie, the hadokens and the horrendous UI got me a little bit worried, but I'm sure the game will be cool nonetheless.

Andyliini

Theatrhythm for me. Also maybe Octopath Traveler II down the line, I didn't really enjoy the gameplay of the first one.

belmarduk

I'm going to pick up Hogwarts Legacy for sure and maybe Octopath Traveler II although I never played the first one. I have an insatiable lust for RPGs!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Theatrhythm, Octopath II, Ryza 3, and Hogwarts Legacy for me in February. Gonna be a busy month!

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'm very confident about Wanted: Dead now after the latest IGN preview. Looks a lot slower and more deliberate than I was expecting based on Ninja Gaiden / Devil's Third. Really seems like the gun and sword are fully integrated with takedowns now, similar to John Wick / Gunkata. Similar to MGS CQC stuff.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Like A Dragon: Ishin

Ninja Scroll Animation GIF

I studied the blade….

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Although February is the shortest month of the year, that doesn’t mean it's short on great games to play. Here are 9 of the biggest games releasing in February 2023.

Set in the wizarding world of Harry Potter, Hogwarts Legacy is a single-player RPG where players get to experience life as a student at the esteemed wizarding school. The game is set in the 1800s, 100 or so years prior to the original book series, and has an original story created by the development team at Avalanche Software. This unfortunately means you won't run into Harry, Ron, or Hermione during your time at Hogwarts, but you will get to create your own character, get sorted into a house, attend classes and forge your own–wait for it–legacy.

Atomic Heart, the debut game from developer Mundfish, is a first person shooter that takes place in an alternative reality 1955. The USSR has defeated Nazi Germany thanks to advances in robotics and now the Soviet Union is using that tech to make everyday life easier. That is until the AI turns on humans and starts killing everyone–classic.

Lightfall is the Year 6 expansion for Destiny 2 that features a new story set in the neon cyberpunk city of Neomuna on planet Neptune, where people who escaped the Collapse created a metropolis over the past centuries without the Last City knowing. Lightfall will include new enemies and allies, another Darkness subclass called “Strand”, and updated in-game features.

This month will also see the release of some new hardware in the form of the PlayStation VR 2. However I won’t be diving into the specs of that device in this video, instead we’re talking about the biggest game that will be released for it.

Horizon Call of the Mountain is set in the same universe as Aloy's adventures in Horizon Zero Dawn and Forbidden West. This time around players are cast as Ryas, a Shadow Carja who has been broken out of prison. The game is also not third-person like the mainline games, its first-person and of course, fully in VR.

Last edited:
Top Bottom