• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top 10 NEW Games of July 2021

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

July 2021 has a bunch of new games releasing on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S/One, and Nintendo Switch. Here's everything worth looking forward to.

Chernobylite
Platform : PC (PS4 and Xbox One [LATER])
Release Date : July 28, 2021

The Ascent
Platform : PC, XBox One, Xbox Series X
Release Date : July 29, 2021

Boomerang X
Platform : Nintendo Switch, PC
Release Date : July 8, 2021

Pokémon Unite
Platform : Nintendo Switch
Release Date : July 2021

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
Platform : PC Switch PS4
Release Date : July 27, 2021

F1 2021
Platform : PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, Xbox One
Release Date : July 16, 2021

Microsoft Flight Simulator
Platform : Xbox Series X/S

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD
Platform : Switch
Release Date : July 16, 2021

Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin
Platform : PC, Switch
Release Date : July 9, 2021

Samurai Warriors 5
Platform : PC, Switch, PS4, Xbox One

BONUS
Tribes of Midgard
Platform : PS5, PC

Watch Dogs Legion: Bloodline DLC
Platform : PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO
Release Date : July 6, 2021

Fallout 76: Steel Reign update
Platform : PC, PS4, XBO
Release Date : July 7, 2021

Chernobylite and flight simulator for me.

AJUMP23

Isn’t Mario Golf out in July? That should be your number 1.

Edit: comes out in June. My mistake.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
What is chernobylite,is it a multiplayer game or singleplayer?
Taken from Steam page:

Chernobylite is an RPG survival horror mixing free exploration of disturbing locations with challenging combat, unique crafting, and non-linear science-fiction story. Build your team, survive and reveal the twisted secrets of Chernobyl in the 3D-scanned recreation of the Exclusion Zone.

Cornbread78

Yikes, what a terrible month. Thankfully, I have a few thousand hours of backlog on PS4/5 & Switch, plus Gamepass that I can play through to get me through these dark times...

Plantoid

The ascent + flight simulator, FREE!
Happy Will Ferrell GIF

Definitely playing Steel Reign and grinding all the new shit. I'll buy Skyward Sword since I've never played it.

And I'll download MSFS to compare the XSX version to the PC version. If you haven't tried it, give it a shot. Flying a couple hundred feet above your house and being able to see the streets, trees, farms in the right area. It's not a perfect representation but it's pretty fucking amazing what they've accomplished. And check out the world map in game and look at all the fucking airports. Got a small one really close by in real life and It's in the game,so I take off from there and check out places nearby.

MOTM

Banned
Very excited for The Ascent. Curious about Flight Simulator, can’t wait to see that with my own eyes on Series X. Gonna be a busy month on Gamepass.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned

Chernobylite and flight simulator for me.

Stay away from Chernobylite. Its so fucking bad iam glad that i got it refunded.

They promise open woröd but its just some small areas that you need to pass through without aby sense of discovery.

They enemies looked like glitches in the early access and its short

Bartski

Gold Member
The Ascent might be my most anticipated game this summer. Taking the weekend off for that one

Another game I'm super happy is finally releasing on 29th July is Eldest Souls.

A 2D "boss-rush soulslike experience" but this thing is no joke - a demo was available on Steam last summer and left a great impression on me.

Last edited:

Rival

Gold Member
I’ve been looking forward to trying flight simulator and since I have game pass and a series x it’s a no brainer. I’m on the fence about Zelda. I’m a pretty big fan of the series and it’s the only one I never tried. I loved BoTW, oot, and wind waker. The waggle control idea always turned me off. Was that changed to include regular controls for this new version?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Stay away from Chernobylite. Its so fucking bad iam glad that i got it refunded.

They promise open woröd but its just some small areas that you need to pass through without aby sense of discovery.

They enemies looked like glitches in the early access and its short
I played the early access and I liked. It's not s.t.a.l.k.e.r. but I like the atmosphere

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Happy July everyone! The weather is getting hot so if you’d rather stay inside playing games, check out this list of what’s releasing on all of your favorite platforms this month.

Seems like July doesn’t have a ton of upcoming games so pick your favorite from this list and dive in. Coming to Switch this month we have Skyward Sword HD, Curved Space, The Silver Case, and The 25th Ward. If you have a Playstation 4 or Playstation 5 you can catch Ender Lilies Quietus of the Knights, Where the Heart Leads, and the F1 2021 game. Out on Gamepass this month is Deaths Door, Microsoft Flight Simulator, and The Ascent. If you have an Xbox One, Xbox Series X, or Xbox Series S you can also play Last Stop, or The Forgotten City. PSVR and PC VR both get Sniper Elite this month. Other new games this month include The Procession to Calvary, Warhammer Battlesector, Observer System Redux, and Cris Tales. Gameplay for Monster Hunter Stories 2 looks fun. Don’t forget to check out Akibas Trip, Orcs Must Die 3, Neo the World Ends With You, The Great Ace Attorney, and Master Blaster Zero all available in July 2021.

Last edited:
Top Bottom