• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top 10 NEW Games of October 2021

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

October 2021 is filled with new game releases for PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S/One, and Nintendo Switch. Here are the top games to look forward to.

Hell Let Loose

Platform : PS5 XSX|S October 5, 2021

Release Date : PC July 27, 2021

Metroid Dread

Platform : Switch

Release Date : October 8, 2021

FIFA 22

Platform : PC PS5 XSX|S PS4 XBOX ONE Switch Stadia

Release Date : October 1, 2021

The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes

Platform : PC PS5 XSX|S PS4 XBOX ONE

Release Date : October 22, 2021

Mario Party Superstars

Platform : Switch

Release Date : October 29, 2021

Riders Republic

Platform : PC PS5 XSX|S PS4 XBOX ONE Stadia Luna

Release Date : October 28, 2021

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

Platform : PC PS5 XSX|S PS4 XBOX ONE Switch

Release Date : October 26, 2021

Back 4 Blood

Release Date : October 12, 2021

Age of Empires 4

Platform : PC

Release Date : October 28, 2021

Far Cry 6

Platform : PC PS5 XSX|S PS4 XBOX ONE Stadia Luna

Release Date : October 7, 2021

BONUS

Crysis Remastered Trilogy

Release Date : October 15, 2021

Alan Wake Remastered

Release Date : October 5, 2021

0:00 INTRO
0:14 Hell Let Loose
1:10 Metroid Dread
2:14 FIFA 22
3:21 The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes
4:35 Mario Party Superstars
5:42 Riders Republic
7:00 Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy
8:22 Back 4 Blood
9:22 Age of Empires 4
10:32 Far Cry 6
11:17 Bonus

Back 4 Blood and Far Cry 6 for me.

Last edited:

ranmafan

October is looking nice, but the game I’m most looking forward to isn’t even on the list. Super Robot Taisen 30. Been so hyped for that for months.

Reactions: Isa

Vagswarm

Hoping Far Cry 6 turns out better than expected, but I have doubts. Think it's been a while since I played a Ubisoft game -- Valhalla and Fenix are still in the backlog.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Still on fence about FC6, but most likely will grab it for some co-op fun since Battlefield got delayed. Might get Metroid Dread and Jett: The Far Shore later on. If that Voice of Cards game really surprises me after the demo, then I'll probably get that at some point.

Pantz

Gold Member
Some interest in these

Far Cry 6
Moonglow Bay
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - The Hinokami Chronicles
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy
Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water
Iron Harvest Complete Edition
Disciples: Liberation
The Good Life
Metroid Dread
Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania
Solar Ash
Age of Empires IV

blacktout

Getting Metroid, but not really hype. I love a good Metroidvania, it just hasn't come across as particularly smooth or stylish or standing out in some way to me in the trailers. Should be solid at least.

Yeah, I'm sure the gameplay will be polished and engaging, but I really wish they had opted for a more stylized/artistic approach to the graphics. Sure, they look clean and the backgrounds have a cool illusion of depth, but what I've seen doesn't feel alien enough.

I'm hoping that it turns out to be one of those games that seems kind of bland in trailers but really pops once you have the controller in your hand.

kunonabi

October is too filled with other purchases for me to grab any games but I'll get the good life, back 4 blood, and house of ashes eventually. Dread is sadly a no-go since I still refuse to buy a Switch.

reksveks

Aoe4
Moonglow Bay
Voice of Cards

That seems to be it, not going to have much time for gaming in October anyways.

Astria Ascending comes out the 30th of this month.

Shakka43

Metroid Dread for sure. And gonna keep an eye out for House of Ashes, hopefully it ends up being a solid adventure. I liked Little Hope but Man of Medan not so much.

Last edited:

Needlecrash

Metroid Dread, Nickelodeon All Stars Brawl, Melty Blood Type Lumina and FIST (Officially confirmed for a PC release date in October on Steam/Epic).

Last edited:

Markio128

There is nothing in that list that screams ‘must play!’ for me personally. I’ll pick up Alan Wake at some point.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Finally a new Metroid after all these years, thank you based Nintendo. Ill get Alan Wake and the Crysis remasters if they're good. FC6 later on.

Kuranghi

I'd like to play Far Cry 6 in coop but I won't pay full price for it, anyone got sweet deals on it for PS5? I've found it for 40 squid on PC but PS4 & PS5 price is like £55 in the UK which is a bit much for Far Cry imo.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Get ready for spooky season! If you can believe it, it's already Fall, which means brand new big games are about to start dropping as fast as dead leaves from a tree. So if you're curious as to what to look out for this coming month, then look no further! Here is a full rundown of all the biggest games releasing in October of 2021.

Now, it really doesn't matter what type of "gamer" you are, because this month is going to have something for you. If you're into huge open world sandboxes filled with crazy over-the-top action featuring a dog named after our favorite breakfast meat, then look no further than Ubisoft's Far Cry 6. Or if the spooky Halloween season has you in the mood for some eeries atmospheres, then Nintendo's latest entry in the Metroid season should deliver exactly what you need with Metroid Dread. Of course, sports fanatics can also get their kicks in the annual release of FIFA, and if you're looking for a wackier take on events that make you go outside, then Riders Republic may just fit the bill.

It doesn't stop there though, if Halloween has you in the mood for some monsters, check out the latest from the Dark Pictures Anthology with House of Ashes, or if you want something a bit more upbeat, blast off into space with the long-awaited Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy. We hear it's pretty good! And finally, for all you Left 4 Dead fans out there, blow the heads off the undead with Back 4 Blood, which is also hitting Game Pass on day one!

Isa

Gold Member
I'm getting...

Far Cry 6
Fatal Frame
Voice of Cards
House of Ashes
Metroid Dread
Mario Party Superstars
Alan Wake
Demon Slayer
Back for Blood(my friends and I are looking forward to some more GP co-op)

Games I'm fully sold on...

Guardians of the Galaxy
Riders Republic

Games that release late Sep./early Oct...

Melty Blood
Xuan Yuan Sword 7(I know its not ace, but I like the look of it)
Hot Wheels Unleashed(not sure I'll like it, waiting on impressions)
Astria Ascending(I was going to buy it but its on Gamepass, if I like it I'll buy)
Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania

For me its been a pretty busy couple of months, plenty of great stuff to play. Most I haven't beaten yet. I know there are some indies or smaller releases I've forgotten that I'll pick up. My girl and I are still making our way through Tales of Arise, River City Girls, the RE franchise, and fighting games like DoA 6/ KoF/SS. Dorking around in State of Decay 2 with my friends when we finally have time, along with World War Z, Aliens: FE and Mechwarrior 5.

iHaunter

Age of Empires: IV - Going to be playing the hell out of that one. Played the stress test beta. Was a good time!

kunonabi

Ended up getting Dread. Hadn't planned on it since I don't have a Switch but I had the opportunity to get the last Special edition at Wal-Mart so I caved.

manfestival

Steam recently had the demo event and this game is coming out on the 19th of this month. Seems like everyone is passing right by it for the more popular titles(which is normal and fine).

There is a demo and I strongly recommend the game. It isn't scary... or maybe the demo wasn't scary but my goodness the creepiness level for a card game is through the roof. Also rogue like card game that is a ton of fun.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Far Cry 6 was 100% and is what im currently playing while Guardians of the Galaxy is 50/50. There's some stuff I like but then there's some stuff I don't like. Will wait on reviews.

I'm playing FC6 and having a good time. It's obviously more of the same but that's exactly what I wanted. Plus it's running on ultra at 4k on my 5700.

I'm somewhat excited for AoE 4 but I just don't think I'll have enough time for it.

Top Bottom