• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top 10 NEW Games of September 2022

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Looking for new September 2022 game releases on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S/One, or Nintendo Switch? We've got you covered.

0:00 Intro
0:15 Metal: Hellsinger
1:23 No Place For Bravery
2:34 The Last of Us Part I
3:48 Valkyrie Elysium
4:47 The DioField Chronicle
6:05 Splatoon 3
7:13 Soulstice
8:16 Isonzo
9:00 Return to Monkey Island
10:18 Steelrising
11:04 BONUS

10 Metal: Hellsinger
Platfrom: PC PS4 XBOX ONE PS5 XSX|S

Release Date: September 15, 2022

9 No Place For Bravery

Platfrom: Switch PC

Release Date: September 22, 2022

8 The Last of Us Part I

Platfrom: PS5

Release Date: September 2, 2022

7 Valkyrie Elysium

Platfrom: PS4 PS5

Release Date: September 29, 2022

6 The DioField Chronicle

Platfrom: PC PS4 XBOX ONE PS5 XSX|S Switch

Release Date: September 22, 2022

5 Splatoon 3

Platfrom: Switch

Release Date: September 9, 2022

4 Soulstice

Platfrom: PC PS5 XSX|S

Release Date: September 20, 2022

3 Isonzo

Platfrom: PC PS4 XBOX ONE PS5 XSX|S

Release Date: September 13, 2022

2 Return to Monkey Island

Platfrom: PC Switch

Release Date: September 19, 2022

1 Steelrising

Platfrom: PC PS5 XSX|S

Release Date: September 8, 2022

BONUS

FIFA 23

Platfrom: PC PS4 XBOX ONE PS5 XSX|S Switch Stadia

Release Date: September 30, 2022

Slime Rancher 2

Platfrom: PC XSX|S

Release Date: September 22, 2022(early access)

Moonscars

Platfrom: PC PS4 XBOX ONE PS5 Switch XSX|S

Release Date: September 27, 2022

NBA 2K23

Platfrom: PC PS4 XBOX ONE PS5 XSX|S Switch

Release Date: September 9, 2022

Outer Wilds

Platfrom: PS5 XSX|S

Release Date: September 15, 2022

Temtem

Platfrom: PS5 XSX|S Switch PC

Release Date: September 6, 2022

Nothing for me.

Splatoon 3 is the major one for me.

Willing to try a demo of Valkyrie only because of who is making it. Looks like it could be good.

Wait and see for later on Diofield and Steelrising.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Having gone back to finish the demo I'm pretty much sold on Diofield. I still think Square's pricing is out of whack but the game really grabbed me - quite unexpectedly - and there is nothing else coming next month that I want so I might as well pull the trigger.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I want to see what is coming to gamepass. But I doubt I will purchase anything, also college football season.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I'll be getting TLOU Part 1 later for sure.

Interested in Soulstice, Steelrising, and Valkyrie Elysium, but not enough to buy at launch.

The_hunter

JoJo fighting game is coming out too.

200.gif

For me it's splatoon 3 and outerwilds.

Last edited:

Roufianos

Meh, Soulstice and Steelrising look pretty interesting but let's see how they review. Feels like most of the games on these lists end up being 6/10s.

Think it will just be TLoU for me, I'll wait until the end of the month and get it cheap 2nd hand off eBay. Not paying Jim's £70.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Back to school season is upon us, but we’ve got a list of games that you can play instead of doing that homework. Here are 10 of the biggest games releasing in September 2022.

September is starting strong with the re-remaster of one of the best games of all time. The Last of Us Part 1 features updated and improved AI, a new permadeath mode, a speedrun mode, an updated photo mode, unlockable costumes for Joel and Ellie and a model viewer. On the technical side, Part 1 can render in native 4K at a targeted 30fps or a dynamic 4K at a targeted 60fps display mode.

This year’s NBA offering from 2K makes a host of changes to the gameplay and focuses on bringing balance back to the offensive game. New gesture combos, such as double throws and switchbacks, are meant to provide shooting windows in tight quarters. Double-throw gestures are used for hop-step layups, while switchback gestures are used for Euro-step and cradle layups. The game's ball handling combos are also getting expanded on, with the full list of Moving Crossovers nearly doubling from last year's game, from 15 to 28 options.

Splatoon is back and this time around it's introducing new modes like Splatfests, matches that will feature not two but three competing sides and table Turf Battle, a new card-collecting puzzle game mode. All of the weapons from previous Splatoon games will be returning, along with a new bow-and-arrow-like weapon called a Stringer, and a melee sword weapon with a charged slash called a Splatana.

STAMPS
00:00 - Intro
00:10 - The Last of Us Part 1
01:23 - NBA 2K23
02:18 - Splatoon 3
03:22 - JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure
04:11 - Steelrising
04:59 - Metal: Hellsinger
05:51 - Return To Monkey Island
06:25 - Soulstice
07:02 - Serial Cleaners
07:49 - The DioField Chronicle

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Yeah, I'm not getting anything this month. Hellsinger seems pretty neat, but I'm not invested in it at all. I wish Darktide was still dropping like it was originally planned. :(

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Some good stuff here I'm interested in.
  • Metal Hellsinger
  • Isonzo
  • Slime Rancher 2
  • TemTem

Fbh

Not too bad, some interesting looking AA games.
I'm curious about how the reception of Valkyrie Elysium and Soulstice will be. They both look up my alley but I still have doubts. Diofield sadly unsold me with the demo.

But I'm probably not going to pick up anything at launch, still going through my Ps5 backlog.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Get ready to fall in love with the games you're about to play this month. Summer is on it's way out while September brings a whole new set of games for you to dig in to. Here are the biggest games in September 2022.

The Last of Us Part 1 is making it's debut on the PlayStation 5 nearly a decade after its release on PS3 in 2013, this time with a giant, 4K sized face-lift. If you're looking for more video game remakes, look no further than JoJo's Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle R, which releases on the same day. Disney is launching their own free-to-play Animal Crossing-like game and if this is your sort of thing, Disney Dreamlight Valley launches on September 6th. Both Biomutant and Steelrising are coming to the newest gen consoles this month with Steelrising launching on PC as well. On Sept 9th, basketball fans can play NBA2K23, that'll launch on xboxes and playstations. Switch users can check out several new games this month including Splatoon 3, Bear and Breakfast, Return to Monkey Island. Don't forget to check out the rhythm-based first person shoot, Metal: Hellsinger, out on Sept 15th, or Deliver Us Mars which is out on the 26th. There's still so many more games to mention, including, FIFA 23, Valkyrie Elysium, Slime Rancher 2, Soulstice, and Hardspace Shipbreaker. That's still not everything, we've got several sim games coming this month, such as Truck Driver, Construction Simulator, Train Life, Train Sim World 3, and Session: Skate Sim. Also at some point this month we are hoping to get Fortnite Season 4, so keep your fingers crossed for that one!

protonion

4 games for me this month.

Already bought Last of Us remake.
Monkey Island
Stray physical
F.I.S.T. Forged in Shadow Torch limited edition. A lovely physical edition of one of the best metroidvanias in recent years.

Top Bottom