• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top 20 Franchises That Deserve Another Chance

SilentUser

Resistance please. Resistance 3 had the best fps campaign I ever played ❤💯
Like I said in another topic: I need a new Resistance with the awesome mainstory of R3 (and that artstyle + gameplay), splitscreen main story coop like R:FOM, and a coop mode made of missions just like R2.

I miss Resistance :( by the ways, Resistance Retribution actually had a compelling story and setting.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Like I said in another topic: I need a new Resistance with the awesome mainstory of R3 (and that artstyle + gameplay), splitscreen main story coop like R:FOM, and a coop mode made of missions just like R2.

I miss Resistance :( by the ways, Resistance Retribution actually had a compelling story and setting.

Bro ne er played so much mp besides Killzone 2 lol resistance 2 mp had me hookedddd!!! With tht said ppl criticised 3 mp but I enjoyed it too but tht campaign smh I still remember it like it was yesterday. I still got my ps3 I should replay it.

Javthusiast

Banned
Burnout. Bring back the og style of gameplay. Didn't like the open world approach of paradise.

And Jak and Daxter. Ratchet proves time and again, those type of platformers still work perfectly fine. Imagine them ps5 graphics on a Jak 4. Hell just let insomniac make one with their Ratchet team. Show Jak and Daxter in a parralel world in Rift Apart as a cameo and then give them a full game.

Fuz

Banned
Let's start with the obvious:
Monkey Island in the hands of Ron Gilbert.

Now the rest.
The Secret World - greatest writing of *any* MMO out there (yes, including FFXIV) and most single player games. Bad marketing, deep complexity and some design choices didn't make it popular enough. Shame, the complex lore and the investigative quests alone make it a masterpiece in my eyes.
Final Fantasy - It's dead. Need to go back to its roots. And they need to kick out nomura for it to happen. fuck nomura.
The Elder Scrolls - same as FF.
Chrono Trigger - need an explanation on this? Really?
Ultima - The legend needs to return. Also needs to look at its roots to recapture the magic.
No One Lives Forever - Greatest single player shooter ever, imho. Fantastic cast and humour, smart, great maps, great gunplay.
Oni - Greatest Bungie game, easily.
Blood - didn't care much for 1, but I loved 2. Maybe it should stay dead, though... PC culture would ruin it.
Shogo: Mobile Armor Division - I fucking loved it. "On foot" levels were mediocre, but once you got on the robots it was so fucking fun. This really needs an updated version.

Last edited:

robo_qwop

Shinobi. PS2 version specifically. It introduced the "enemy killed while jumping grants extra jump" mechanic seen later in other games. Like most recently in The Messenger.

Also Kunoichi/Nightshade doesn't count.

Hudo

ccddj0h.jpg

Boss Mog

Whose list is this? The OPs? No Sleeping Dogs anywhere on that list and I'm supposed to take it seriously? You need to eat more pork buns OP.

gtrwll

I’m gonna say Deus Ex even though it’s not been that long since the last game (2016), but it’s more or less on a hiatus despite SE trying their best to deny that. The team should be free after that Marvel-flop-thingy?

T8SC

Here's some more:

• Zool
  • Parasite Eve
  • The New Zealand Story
  • Alundra
  • X-Wing/Tie Fighter series
  • Cannon Fodder

JoduanER2

Burnout please! A full of crazy effects burnout, engine roaring sounds and f zero speed. Double the crazyness of the previous Burnouts and focus on amazing sound effects.

Mhmmm 2077

CTRL+F "binary domain" 0 results
CTRL+F "anarchy reigns" 0 results

smh

edit: besides these, I want 2.5D remakes of: Jazz Jackrabbit, Gruntz, Claw.

Last edited:
Top Bottom