• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top INSANE Details in Video Games

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Here's some of my favourite examples of attention to detail by developers in games I enjoyed from this past year. Enjoy!

TIMESTAMPS
Genshin Impact - 0:00
GTA Online - 0:41
Halo Infinite - 1:27
Hitman 3 - 2:09
Little Nightmare 2 - 2:46
Death's Door - 3:22
Back 4 Blood - 3:53
Halo Infinite - 4:30
Far Cry 6 - 5:17
Battlefield 2042 - 5:52
Deathloop - 6:53
Far Cry 6 - 7:56

Horse testicles.
kd3RkZf.gif

theres still nothing that comes close to last of us 2 and rdr2 when it comes to detail. the characters in those games feel like real people.

skit_data

2010 GT5
256mb vram, 256mb sysram

fyBtLMY.jpg
0CWb2KT.jpg
ocFySPM.jpg
KqQUjTC.jpg
g9bW5XP.jpg
ZT7jYta.jpg
1xtvu5w.jpg
nGV1y8H.jpg

Happy Paralympic Games GIF by International Paralympic Committee

last Tokyo Xtreme Racer was released 2003 MADDARFAKKAS!!

Tokyo_Xtreme_Racer_3_Coverart.jpg

ALSO NO RIDGE RACER
YOU STOOPEED PEEPAL!!!

GT5 and GT6 still look pretty good, I fired GT6 up on my PS3 a while ago.
But the install and update time (must’ve been like 6 hours) and horrible loading times in menus and between races made it unbearable.
GT7 can’t come soon enough!

Notabueno

Banned
The video could be shorter, but that's one of the things I love and that differentiate amateurs from professional game makers: details and application all around

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Eh, none of that was particularly insane. Some were pretty cool, others were things that if they were NOT like that it would feel pretty lazy.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I wouldn't say "insane" but one detail I really like in SMTV is each Demon based one their race have different summoning animation.

Yeah, but the leaves are huge. I understand they need to be visible, but a bit smaller would look more natural to me.
Yeah, maybe a little bit smaller would be more realistic, but we are talking about a game with robo dinos and a girl that has the stamina to dodge roll spam around the world. It's fine to me, guess devs wanted to make sure that some people spot them.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yeah, maybe a little bit smaller would be more realistic, but we are talking about a game with robo dinos and a girl that has the stamina to dodge roll spam around the world. It's fine to me, guess devs wanted to make sure that some people spot them.

Sure, I get that. I also think there are too many of them. There are constant streams up and down the trunk all the time. Nitpicking though, it's a cool thing to even have at all.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I don't know of any other game that does that with clothing. It's a largely unnecessary detail, that I doubt would ever even notice. Which is why it's surprising it's there.

Maybe it's not very common, but it's a very simple modeling thing, not like there's a clothing physics system making this happen.

Top Bottom