• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tormentor - Official Manhunt Gameplay

Stitch

Gold Member

video seems to be restricted in some places
non-restricted link

kawaii gwen stefani GIF

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Are they burning the shirts of all the people who end up in this lab?

. . .also echo the above, over the top for the sake of being over the top. If you're going for gore in a demonstration video, alpha or otherwise, at least make sure the animation is on point. That bit at the end wasn't scary or unsettling. . .it was just bad.

It's funny, I thought this was a MANHUNT revival of some sort at first. Now THAT game had gore and violence done right. "Yeah, fuck him up!" - Brian Cox.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
This look like those game whereby the dev blew 3/4 of their budget on the visuals alone and allocate the remaining on animations and voice acting.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Some of the gameplay system, like the dismemberment, footprints in liquid, putting people in lockers, the heartbeat seem quite interesting, but the level of violence and context is a bit much for me.
Also lol at blurring out nudity but the extreme gore is ok.

It might be quite good if it were a rambo style game where u fuck people up for a good cause, lol.

Last edited:

stranno

For a second I thought it was a game about killing manikins :messenger_tears_of_joy: Then I saw in Steam it has actually textures and those are just placeholders.

AMC124c41

Neo Member
The levels of poor taste shown in that trailer are over 9000. This looks like the kind of stuff a pre pubescent teen would find "sick" and "savage" bro. I don't know who's running the development studio but they need to work on their emotional intelligence :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Manhunt was good and so was Manhunt 2. Manhunt 2 on console had those silly filters, so I am glad I got the PC uncensored version years later. I finished Manhunt 2 on PSP. This game is from the makers of Agony and Succubus. Succubus looked better than Agony. Agony was not my cup of tea. After owning Postal, Hatred, and the latter there wasn’t too much I couldn’t stomach with these over the top type of games. Agony didn’t feel smooth around the edges. I never bothered with Succubus even though it seemed to have a lot more fun gameplay to it. The developer has to be a creative genius in order to deliver with over the top violence and gore. Just that alone isn’t enough. I haven’t booted up those other games since they launched.

arvfab

Banned
"Let's make a trailer for our adults-only game"
"Should we show the gory parts, like the innards falling out of a knife cut?"
"Sure"
"What about the tits?"
"Tits? No no, blur them, adult gamers are not ready to see them"

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
-Why is every mostly or completely naked?
-Way to stab the locker door!
-That eye gauge into a pulling off that dude's face is done so poorly that it is hilarious.

Terrible

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
-Why is every mostly or completely naked?
-Way to stab the locker door!
-That eye gauge into a pulling off that dude's face is done so poorly that it is hilarious.

Terrible
I'm going to assume everything was blank as it's just a super early showpiece of what to expect when textures are added.

Early hype and marketing hoping to drum up a big publisher to partner with them.

bender

What time is it?
I'm going to assume everything was blank as it's just a super early showpiece of what to expect when textures are added.

Early hype and marketing hoping to drum up a big publisher to partner with them.

Good luck to them but they should have waited to show this. It looks like Manhunt except lacking personality or tension.

Last edited:

Vaelka

Western game industry: '' Anything sexual and sexualized that is pleasant is sinful and oppressive, delete. ''

Also Western game industry:

Even a powerful torturer who can easily break arms and peel off faces needs his stealth mechanics.

In fairness isn't it scarier if he's sneaky and can appear anywhere?
It probably causes panic more if he can just show up anywhere at any time.

Last edited:

TastyPastry

this is like someone trying to copy manhunt but totally failing at what made it so great. it wasn't the gore but the mood and atmosphere that made manhunt so tense.

Top Bottom