• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Total War: Warhammer 3 Reveal Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kislev? Kislev. Four Daemons of Chaos, a mysterious fifth lord/faction and, out of nowhere, Cathay. 9 total lords plus a pre-order bonus race pack. People are speculating Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Dogs of War or even Nagash.

This is arguably the best strategy game of all time, has more personality than many triple aaay games and will become the biggest, in terms of scope and content, strategy game of all time if it hasn't already. In case you didn't know, Warhammer 1, 2, and 3 will combine on a gigantic map for all the factions. I've logged thousands of hours and I'm still not even close to being sick of the game. Goosebumps watching the trailer and hyped beyond belief for the content that will come in the next few years. I feel like a fuckin' kid again.

WH3 FAQ blogpost

Last edited:
Please be ogres please be ogres please be ogres
They're coming...we just don't know when. I've only learned about the lore via the game but some are saying Ogre Kingdoms will be later DLC so they can be fleshed out more. With a faction like Cathay getting a main game release, I think nearly every faction in WHFB history has a chance now. Pretty exciting.

Esca

They're coming...we just don't know when. I've only learned about the lore via the game but some are saying Ogre Kingdoms will be later DLC so they can be fleshed out more. With a faction like Cathay getting a main game release, I think nearly every faction in WHFB history has a chance now. Pretty exciting.
True. I've just been waiting since the beginning of this journey for ogres. I played them in 8th edition and loved them so much and their lore is really cool

Lolno, not even close, it isn't even the top 5 best Total War game, putting it against the top games in the strategy genre is just pure lunacy.
Words from a heretic. The Witchhunters would like to know your location. It's CA's crowning achievement and the deepest Total War game series to date. The sheer variety of factions, mechanics and magic make it just so. It's not against the best strategy games isn't lunacy because Total Warhammer looks down upon those games.

But, I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong when Medieval 3 is announced/released but that's a discussion for another place and time.

Last edited:

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters

Kislev? Kislev. Four Daemons of Chaos, a mysterious fifth lord/faction and, out of nowhere, Cathay. 9 total lords plus a pre-order bonus race pack. People are speculating Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Dogs of War or even Nagash.

This is arguably the best strategy game of all time, has more personality than many triple aaay games and will become the biggest, in terms of scope and content, strategy game of all time if it hasn't already. In case you didn't know, Warhammer 1, 2, and 3 will combine on a gigantic map for all the factions. I've logged thousands of hours and I'm still not even close to being sick of the game. Goosebumps watching the trailer and hyped beyond belief for the content that will come in the next few years. I feel like a fuckin' kid again.

WH3 FAQ blogpost

Interesting. So it's not based on End Times.

mcz117chief

Words from a heretic. The Witchhunters would like to know your location. It's CA's crowning achievement and the deepest Total War game series to date. The sheer variety of factions, mechanics and magic make it just so. It's not against the best stragegy games isn't lunacy because Total Warhammer looks down upon those games.

But, I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong when Medieval 3 is announced/released but that's a discussion for another place and time.
My location is in my profile, you can send your toy soldiers my way anytime. Total War Warhammer is one of the most shallow and boring Total War games to date. It is true that there are many factions, races whatever but they are still just sword dudes, spear dudes, archer dudes and horse dudes just with different stats and models but effectively all races are the same. I completed a couple of campaigns and they all felt the same. Make a doom stack, kill everyone, the end. People complained about unit variety in games like Shogun but the difference between Warhammer and Shogun is that Shogun has a ton of charm, great music and is aesthetically consistent with the setting. Total War has none of that since there are so many different races and cultures that the entire world is completely sterile to fit everyone in, similar to Sword Coast in D&D, it works fine for newcomers or mega-fans of Warhammer but for people who want something more refined it is woefully lacking, which is why I play older Total War games since they don't suffer from this total lack of focus. Also, still no naval battles lol.

Interesting. So it's not based on End Times.

There are End Times ever since the first Warhammer Total War.

Last edited:

A.Romero

My location is in my profile, you can send your toy soldiers my way anytime. Total War Warhammer is one of the most shallow and boring Total War games to date. It is true that there are many factions, races whatever but they are still just sword dudes, spear dudes, archer dudes and horse dudes just with different stats and models but effectively all races are the same. I completed a couple of campaigns and they all felt the same. Make a doom stack, kill everyone, the end. People complained about unit variety in games like Shogun but the difference between Warhammer and Shogun is that Shogun has a ton of charm, great music and is aesthetically consistent with the setting. Total War has none of that since there are so many different races and cultures that the entire world is completely sterile to fit everyone in, similar to Sword Coast in D&D, it works fine for newcomers or mega-fans of Warhammer but for people who want something more refined it is woefully lacking, which is why I play older Total War games since they don't suffer from this total lack of focus. Also, still no naval battles lol.

There are End Times ever since the first Warhammer Total War.

Not sure if serious but that might be the case for the empire factions. You can play with Orcs, Dwarfs, Vampires, Chaos legions, Skarven, Beast People and Lizardmen. They all have different mechanics and units. Try playing with some of them, you will discover the actual depth of the game.

Shogun is a great game too.

It's OK not to like Warhammer but there is no need to reduce it to something it's not.

I've been playing every single total war game since the release of Rome (with exception of empire) and they are all great games however IMO Warhammer was the kind of refresh total war needed. CA style with Warhammer Lore is a match made in heaven. Both the best Warhammer rendition and the best Total war games.

mcz117chief

Not sure if serious but that might be the case for the empire factions. You can play with Orcs, Dwarfs, Vampires, Chaos legions, Skarven, Beast People and Lizardmen. They all have different mechanics and units. Try playing with some of them, you will discover the actual depth of the game.

Shogun is a great game too.

It's OK not to like Warhammer but there is no need to reduce it to something it's not.

I've been playing every single total war game since the release of Rome (with exception of empire) and they are all great games however IMO Warhammer was the kind of refresh total war needed. CA style with Warhammer Lore is a match made in heaven. Both the best Warhammer rendition and the best Total war games.
I played High elves, Wood elves, Bretonia, Empire and Lizardmen, they all felt the same. Swords, spears, bows, cavalry. I think games like Mark of Chaos or Dark Omen are much superior to Warhammer Total War when it comes to Warhammer, its style and aesthetics. Historical Total Wars are just better than Warhammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom