• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Total War: Warhammer 3 Reviews

A.Romero

When does the game go live on Gamepass, anyone know?
This will be my first Total War game and Warhammer.
Should i expect greatness?
Tomorrow.

Well, I'm a big fan since Total War: Rome days and I've been a fan of Warhammer's lore for a while. I think this series is the best incarnation of both.

What keeps me from playing more is the fact that time goes by in a blink. I have spent up to 6 hours non stop without noticing, basically. It happens a lot with strategy games.

So basically yes, IMO you can expect greatness. Great lore, great graphics and sound. Pretty good gameplay mechanics. What's not so great is that it can be a little bit janky from time to time, specially at launch it's just the way this dev works. AI would probably be it's main issue but for an average player like me the AI is enough of a challenge.

If you give me a reference of what you like I might be able to be more precise.

amigastar

Tomorrow.

Well, I'm a big fan since Total War: Rome days and I've been a fan of Warhammer's lore for a while. I think this series is the best incarnation of both.

What keeps me from playing more is the fact that time goes by in a blink. I have spent up to 6 hours non stop without noticing, basically. It happens a lot with strategy games.

So basically yes, IMO you can expect greatness. Great lore, great graphics and sound. Pretty good gameplay mechanics. What's not so great is that it can be a little bit janky from time to time, specially at launch it's just the way this dev works. AI would probably be it's main issue but for an average player like me the AI is enough of a challenge.

If you give me a reference of what you like I might be able to be more precise.
Cool, thx for the infos. Time goes by in a blink? Thats great to hear, i like that. It's so nice that game is on gamepass.
I'm not a big strategy player so i can't give you exactly what i like. I like leveling up, getting new abilities i can use. Basically Techtree stuff and such.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
unknown.png

Eric Andre GIF

Vaelka

My excitement honestly died down a little when I remembered that there won't be Mortal Empires on day 1.
It still looks like fun tho the demon prince customization is probably what I am the most hyped about.

A.Romero

Cool, thx for the infos. Time goes by in a blink? Thats great to hear, i like that. It's so nice that game is on gamepass.
I'm not a big strategy player so i can't give you exactly what i like. I like leveling up, getting new abilities i can use. Basically Techtree stuff and such.

I think you will like this.

The game has 2 modes: a grand campaign strategy section where you manage territories and settlements. Each settlement has a set number of slots for buildings that will enable different things like market places, barracks, etc. All of them either enable the recruitment of certain units or give you a bonus like trading income or huge walls to defend the settlement. A huge part of the game is making the right decisions about what to build and where so you avoid as much repetition as possible among your settlements but at the same time whatever you do enables you to defend and conquer other factions. In this mode you will also move your armies (unit stacks) and other units such as spies that have different effects like enable you to assassinate an opposing hero or just mess things around in the enemies' regions to negatively impact things like income. This is done in turns, pretty similar to Civilization.

The other mode is RTS mode where you basically just go and fight with a previously created stack of units that you can move around your map. You can attack other settlements to try to conquer them for your faction or you can attack other stacks around the map. When an attack takes place, the game launches a combat map which is built around the size of the units. Your stacks will fight against the enemies' stacks and whoever kills all the opposing force's units or make them rout wins. This is done in real time and you cannot save within the battle so once you go in you have to fight it to the end (or withdraw).

In case you only like the first mode you can let the game auto resolve the fights.

Some units are heroes that can have special weapons, armors and accessories included. They also have upgrade trees so you can customize them to whatever you think it's best including going for commander skills to improve moral or improve their combat capabilities with higher damage.

So basically there is a lot of leveling up, getting new abilities and managing techtrees.

BTW factions play differently. Humans, elves and dwarves will conquer and capture settlements while orcs, chaos and vampires will only raze them to the ground (after a certain amount of turns they can be rebuilt) so there is a lot of gameplay variety on top of the usual (just have different units for each faction). Some of them promote corruption while other will suffer attrition under it and many things like that.

It's a complex but very fun game.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
BTW factions play differently. Humans, elves and dwarves will conquer and capture settlements while orcs, chaos and vampires will only raze them to the ground

This is not really true. All factions in the campaign do indeed capture settlements. Some will resort to razing more than others, but they will definitely occupy if it suits the AI.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Looks like the Game Pass PC version is live. I thought it was supposed to be midnight PST Feb 17th. Running some benchmarks now. This game really kicks my laptop's ass.

amigastar

I think you will like this.

The game has 2 modes: a grand campaign strategy section where you manage territories and settlements. Each settlement has a set number of slots for buildings that will enable different things like market places, barracks, etc. All of them either enable the recruitment of certain units or give you a bonus like trading income or huge walls to defend the settlement. A huge part of the game is making the right decisions about what to build and where so you avoid as much repetition as possible among your settlements but at the same time whatever you do enables you to defend and conquer other factions. In this mode you will also move your armies (unit stacks) and other units such as spies that have different effects like enable you to assassinate an opposing hero or just mess things around in the enemies' regions to negatively impact things like income. This is done in turns, pretty similar to Civilization.

The other mode is RTS mode where you basically just go and fight with a previously created stack of units that you can move around your map. You can attack other settlements to try to conquer them for your faction or you can attack other stacks around the map. When an attack takes place, the game launches a combat map which is built around the size of the units. Your stacks will fight against the enemies' stacks and whoever kills all the opposing force's units or make them rout wins. This is done in real time and you cannot save within the battle so once you go in you have to fight it to the end (or withdraw).

In case you only like the first mode you can let the game auto resolve the fights.

Some units are heroes that can have special weapons, armors and accessories included. They also have upgrade trees so you can customize them to whatever you think it's best including going for commander skills to improve moral or improve their combat capabilities with higher damage.

So basically there is a lot of leveling up, getting new abilities and managing techtrees.

BTW factions play differently. Humans, elves and dwarves will conquer and capture settlements while orcs, chaos and vampires will only raze them to the ground (after a certain amount of turns they can be rebuilt) so there is a lot of gameplay variety on top of the usual (just have different units for each faction). Some of them promote corruption while other will suffer attrition under it and many things like that.

It's a complex but very fun game.
Nice thx for the explanation, sounds good, downloading the game at this moment, 113 gb though, pretty big.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
My heart still aches that the series has gone off in such a different direction after Attila.

Literally cannot stand nu Total War.

Thrones of Britannia was a piece of shit though.

I understand. As a historian, I do prefer the historical total war games pre Attila. However, Warhammer TW is still a lot of fun, especially with Mortal Empires expansion.

If it helps, the rumour is that the next historical Total War game will be Medieval 3. Judging by your username and profile pic (Hundred years' war is one of my favourite periods in history), that should give you some comfort, regardless of the quality. A new Medieval era Total War, plus the upcoming port of Med2 on Android and iOS certainly gets me hard.

amigastar

A question guys, does Microsoft let patch the games on gamepass like Steam? They should right? Sorry for the noob question.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Horrible optimization as expected, maybe one day CA will be able to launch a game that run well.

Other than that it seem like a very solid final.

A.Romero

This is not really true. All factions in the campaign do indeed capture settlements. Some will resort to razing more than others, but they will definitely occupy if it suits the AI.
This was true for Warhammer but changed for the climate system in 2. Still, they play different as orcs will have more options with camps, for example than with settlements regardless of the size.

Neither beastmen nor the chaos horde can occupy settlements at all.

Not sure how it works for 3.
Nice thx for the explanation, sounds good, downloading the game at this moment, 113 gb though, pretty big.

How did you like it?

A question guys, does Microsoft let patch the games on gamepass like Steam? They should right? Sorry for the noob question.

Yes but not sure if they release patches at the same time as Steam.

amigastar

This was true for Warhammer but changed for the climate system in 2. Still, they play different as orcs will have more options with camps, for example than with settlements regardless of the size.

How did you like it?

Yes but not sure if they release patches at the same time as Steam.
I've played for around 2 hours now and i'm really diggin it. I got to level up which i also like :)
Commanding troops is also solved very good. I also like the fantasy aspect with all the demons and whatnot.
I'm really happy it came out on Gamepass and i could try it out because i really wanna play it more.
My other question though, on which difficulty i should play the main campaign without being too much demanding but not too easy also?
My only complaint is the performance isn't very good to begin with, but i hope they will fix it, thats why i asked about the patching procedere of gamepass.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
unknown.png

Yeah I'm pretty sure we ALL know what happened, right FUCKIN DENUVO ??
I'm so mad at those dev hiding the fact that they will use Denuvo until the day of release. And please, don't come at me to say it doesn't affect performance.

Fucking incompetent.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
Even though it is the last installment, it is only the beginning. Mortal Empires 3 will release in a year and DLC content/patches will probably keep on rolling for at least another decade. It's a huge fucking game that is already a decade or so in the making. I wasn't really hot on the Warhammer universe at first, but it really grew on me. Fair warning, each major release has always been kind of buggy, but with WH3 you'll be paying for a longterm experience anyway.

manfestival

mods really change the game for the better. Wondering if there is a way to make them transfer onto the game pass version. Gonna be buying this on Steam in the near future but just curious

A.Romero

I've played for around 1 and a half hour and i'm really diggin it. I got to level up which i also like :)
Commanding troops is also solved very good. I also like the fantasy aspect with all the demons and whatnot.
I'm really happy it came out on Gamepass and i could try it out because i really wanna play it more.
My other question though, on which difficulty i should play the main campaign without being too much demanding but not too easy also?
My only complaint is the performance isn't very good to begin with, but i hope they will fix it, thats why i asked about the patching procedere of gamepass.

Glad you liked it.

Regarding difficulty you can select different difficulty for the management part and the combat. I usually run both on medium. TBH, once you get a hang of it you shouldn't have any problems at that difficulty. It's not too easy since there are many systems to learn and the AI has some advantages like stacks with advanced units before you can get to them. There are difficult spikes like when the chaos horde invades but it's also manageable.

In the mid game managing many regions and settlements can become difficult too because you have to be on top of several things:

- Settlement happiness
- Diplomacy with other factions
- Army costs
- Defending/attacking balance
- Missions
- The pressure of time as the campaign has a turn limit to accomplish all the objectives

The more settlements and armies you have on the map, the longer each turn takes because you have to jump around and provide some maintenance.

Usually a person would play the campaign more than once as the experience can be very different depending on the faction you select.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
mods really change the game for the better. Wondering if there is a way to make them transfer onto the game pass version. Gonna be buying this on Steam in the near future but just curious
The gamepass screen says it is moddable and it installs to a regular file structure rather than the weird hidden file structure that most games use so should be doable.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
Apparently getting massively review bombed by the Chinese. I made a joke about us not liking Three Kingdoms enough. They REALLY didn't like that :D

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Apparently getting massively review bombed by the Chinese. I made a joke about us not liking Three Kingdoms enough. They REALLY didn't like that :D
I put a negative review for now because (imo) the game is a mess. Tried playing a coop campaign with a friend, it took us an hour just to join without crashing. Sometimes it was me, sometimes it was him.
Not to mention he has a 3080ti and only 25/45 FPS on the campaign map on high @3840x2160p. Me with a 2070 I get 25/35 FPS in 1440p rather it is on medium, high or ultra. Only low help me getting between 40/50 FPS
And yes, I know how to use a PC.

About the Chinese review bombing the game, they have their reasons:

So yeah, once again Sega and Creative Assembly fucked us deep down, it is clearly the last time I'm buying a game from them on release.
I was weak this time because it's the culmination of the trilogy, and the game is clearly awesome but in it's state? Naaah fuck them.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year

In 3 the normal factions aren't hordes. They're all normal factions. The only hordes appear as nuisances as result of mechanics and they're basically just there to harass you. So pretty much all "normal" factions will settle.

So yeah, once again Sega and Creative Assembly fucked us deep down, it is clearly the last time I'm buying a game from them on release.
I was weak this time because it's the culmination of the trilogy, and the game is clearly awesome but in it's state? Naaah fuck them.

Imagine thinking the oversensitive Chinese review bombing a game "have their reasons" because a developer dared to give some streamers they didn't like the game to play. What a fucking childish reason. Stinks like envy from the other side of the world 😂

When I heard that people were review bombing the game I thought for a second that those entitled asshats did not like the depiction of Grand Cathay. But no, it's not even that (which would be idiotic anyway). It's literally a nonsensical temper tantrum. 😂

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Imagine thinking the oversensitive Chinese review bombing a game are right because a developer dared to give some streamers they didn't like the game to play. What a fucking childish reason. Stinks like envy 😂
Confused Kid Cudi GIF by Apple Music

My last paragraph is not related to the review bombing, but rather to the BIG lack of optimization of the game (which is my main concern), the many crashes I had tonight (and same for my friend rocking a 3080ti), the adition of Denuvo the day of release without mentioning it before etc etc...
If you think those are childish reasons, no wonder why the AAA market is going downhill quality-wise.
As for the Chinese review bombing the game, I honestly don't care. I was just pointing at why it is happening. They have their reasons, whether good or bad.

Finally for your information I don't watch streamers or influencers and I make enough money to buy me pretty much everything I want 🤷‍♂️

Robochobo

I have a 3070ti, 16GB of DDR5, and an i9-12900. Not sure what it is but my framerates vary from 60 FPS all the way to 35. This is in 1440p with maxed out graphical settings. I haven't been able to fiddle with the settings due to work and the limited time to play but it is weird.
Horrible optimization as expected, maybe one day CA will be able to launch a game that run well.

Other than that it seem like a very solid final.

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
As for the Chinese review bombing the game, I honestly don't care. I was just pointing at why it is happening. They have their reasons, whether good or bad.

It's not a "reason."

It's called a juvenile temper tantrum from an audience that obviously has become way too entitled nowadays, with developers kowtowing to them at every corner.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
It's not a "reason."

It's called a juvenile temper tantrum from an audience that obviously has become way too entitled nowadays, with developers kowtowing to them at every corner.
If you read the post you can see that those streamers spoiled the ending of the game because Sega failed to put an embargo or didn't cared. Just that reason is enough to understand at least a LITTLE bit why they are frustrated.
Imagine waiting a game for years just to get the ending spoiled by someone who don't care. I'll be mad too.

If you don't get that it's ok, but no need to call people childish or implying they are just jealous.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
If you read the post you can see that those streamers spoiled the ending of the game because Sega failed to put an embargo or didn't cared. Just that reason is enough to understand at least a LITTLE bit why they are frustrated.
Imagine waiting a game for years just to get the ending spoiled by someone who don't care. I'll be mad too.

If you don't get that it's ok, but no need to call people childish or implying they are just jealous.

If you watch a streamer so far into a 200-turns campaign that it spoils the ending for you, then the issue is seriously on your side. It doesn't come suddenly. It should be very evident to anyone with a working brain that the ending is coming and if they don't want it spoiled, they should perhaps go do something else.

And if they finished the campaign, then these streamers weren't so shit as these Chinese malcontents make them up to be. While the campaign is not really that hard for someone who knows what they're doing, it's long and it requires at least some dedication to finish. And it certainly can be tricky for a total noob.

Last edited:

Fare thee well

Neophyte
It's okay, reviews will go to positive over time once all the irrelevant vocal minority, who don't know how to update their drivers or expect a 7 yr old pc to run this, go away. It's currently at 10,000 reviews, but will change as it hits around 75,000 like WH2. I've played for 2hrs and did not hit one bug whilst having 60+ FPS the entire time. My gf's computer has about 4yr older specs and also runs it well. And who gives a fuck about streamers? I sure don't. I just watch youtube letsplay videos to get a feel for it, but them getting it 2 weeks before me isn't going to ruin that experience; just wtf?!?!

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
It's okay, reviews will go to positive over time once all the irrelevant vocal minority, who don't know how to update their drivers or expect a 7 yr old pc to run this, go away. It's currently at 10,000 reviews, but will change as it hits around 75,000 like WH2. I've played for 2hrs and did not hit one bug whilst having 60+ FPS the entire time. My gf's computer has about 4yr older specs and also runs it well. And who gives a fuck about streamers? I sure don't. I just watch youtube letsplay videos to get a feel for it, but them getting it 2 weeks before me isn't going to ruin that experience; just wtf?!?!

Yeah, the bugs are *absolutely* overplayed and given a lot more prominence in certain people's coverage than warranted for reasons I don't really relate with. I have 130 hours into the game (had it since Feb 1) and I can absolutely say this is the most polished Total War release I've seen in a long, long while, and not by a small margin. For reference, I've played every single Total War game in the history of the franchise at launch, so I have plenty of room for comparison.

Last edited:

Stuart360

To be fair the game does seem to have pretty poor optimization. I was watching AngryJoe's stream last night, and the game seemed to be chugging at times under 60fps, and he has a 3090. Sure he was zooming in on the action with hundreds of npc's and explosions going off etc, still you would of thopught a 3090 would be able to lock 60fps.

Still i'm sure it will improve over time, and i rarely do this on PC (unless i have to like with Cyberpunk) but i would lock this game to 30fps. You could def get away with 30fps with a game like this.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
Yeah, the bugs are *absolutely* overplayed and given a lot more prominence in certain people's coverage than warranted for reasons I don't really relate with. I have 130 hours into the game (had it since Feb 1) and I can absolutely say this is the most polished Total War release I've seen in a long, long while, and not by a small margin. For reference, I've played every single Total War game in the history of the franchise at launch, so I have plenty of room for comparison.

Same! Except for Shogun 1, I played them all. The one I personally remember as the roughest launch was Rome 2, but the version you can get of it now is an amazingly polished game. I mean I get it somewhat. We would all like to live in a world where every game was 100% polished from the start, but that just doesn't happen barely at all. With the scope of all that WH3 is trying to do, I'm very forgiving and in it for the long haul. Their trackrecord proves that they always do well in the longrun.

Last edited:

Hari Seldon

I used to love Total War but I have fallen off hard. I wish they put the effort that they do for Warhammer into another license. I irrationally absolutely hate the warhammer IP lol.

Edit: The biggest problem with Total War in general is that it is fun while learning, but once you learn you absolutely crush every single thing like you are using cheat codes and then it is boring and terrible. I'm curious if the Warhammer variant fixes this, because those are the only Total War games I haven't played (other than the epic exclusive ones).

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Same! Except for Shogun 1, I played them all. The one I personally remember as the roughest launch was Rome 2, but the version you can get of it now is an amazingly polished game. I mean I get it somewhat. We would all like to live in a world where every game was 100% polished from the start, but that just doesn't happen barely at all; and with the scope of all that WH3 is trying to do, I'm very forgiving and in it for the long haul. Their trackrecord proves that they always do well in the longrun.

A lot of people also don't know the difference between "bugs" and "balancing issues."

I've seen YouTubers defining a bug as something that's simply a balancing choice they happen not to like. That's not a bug, and expecting 100% perfect balance at launch in a game with 8 new factions that are 100% asymmetric means not having played a strategy game, ever. If they think this is bad, they're in for a bad wake-up call when Mortal Empires 2 launches.

I used to love Total War but I have fallen off hard. I wish they put the effort that they do for Warhammer into another license. I irrationally absolutely hate the warhammer IP lol.

At least you admit that's irrational.

Last edited:

Hari Seldon

At least you admit that's irrational.
Warhammer to me is like Cracker Jacks. People don't actually really like Cracker Jacks, they just eat them because people of yore ate them and liked them and somehow no one told them that this shit is fucking terrible stop eating this crap there are 1000 other better ways to waste calories. That is the warhammer IP to me.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Warhammer to me is like Cracker Jacks. People don't actually really like Cracker Jacks, they just eat them because people of yore ate them and liked them and somehow no one told them that this shit is fucking terrible stop eating this crap there are 1000 other better ways to waste calories. That is the warhammer IP to me.

I have played Warhammer games since I was 8 and I'm in my early forties. It's pretty literally one of the best and deepest fantasy IPs out there. And thank goodness that there is one game developer that does it justice.

Last edited:

manfestival

I have a 3070ti, 16GB of DDR5, and an i9-12900. Not sure what it is but my framerates vary from 60 FPS all the way to 35. This is in 1440p with maxed out graphical settings. I haven't been able to fiddle with the settings due to work and the limited time to play but it is weird.
All of the previous titles were pretty brutal when it comes to performance. They improved over time but I had this issue with my older computers. The upside is your CPU is a beast so between rounds is going to be a breeze. My biggest gripe when TW2 came out was that I had to change settings for my 2080 to get me 60fps back when my computer with a 2080 burned right through most games at 1440p. Had to turn off trees and some other smaller settings before the game was good in that sense.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
A lot of people also don't know the difference between "bugs" and "balancing issues."

I've seen YouTubers defining a bug as something that's simply a balancing choice they happen not to like. That's not a bug, and expecting 100% perfect balance at launch in a game with 8 new factions that are 100% asymmetric means not having played a strategy game, ever. If they think this is bad, they're in for a bad wake-up call when Mortal Empires 2 launches.

Ikr? I saw a bunch of people complain that units would stop pursuing or attacking when an enemy unit moves back or runs off. They were saying it was a bug. Lmao, try turning off default guard mode? Idk, just an idea 🤪

Hari Seldon

I have played Warhammer games since I was 8 and I'm in my early forties. It's pretty literally one of the best and deepest fantasy IPs out there. And thank goodness that there is one game developer that does it justice.

I'm probably going to give the game a download since it is on gamepass and try it out. I am curious if somehow Total War is actually good in these games, because the modern historical Total War historical games are pretty bad once you learn how the AI behaves and you basically win every single battle unless you are hopelessly outnumbered.

theres like 4 million warhammer games. And i still don't know wtf Warhammer is.
my only frame of reference is there was this store in the mall that had painted figurines in the window. I think it was a boardgame store. and it was Warhammer stuff

there are so many Warhammer games. That i own 3 of them. Xbox foisted upon me

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Ikr? I saw a bunch of people complain that units would stop pursuing or attacking when an enemy unit moves back or runs off. They were saying it was a bug. Lmao, try turning off default guard mode? Idk, just an idea 🤪

Yeah exactly. That's something I've seen in a lot of videos.

What about reading at least the friggin tooltips?

Last edited:

Fare thee well

Neophyte
I'm probably going to give the game a download since it is on gamepass and try it out. I am curious if somehow Total War is actually good in these games, because the modern historical Total War historical games are pretty bad once you learn how the AI behaves and you basically win every single battle unless you are hopelessly outnumbered.
If you're on the fence, I would say wait a couple months or wait until the Immortal Empires release. I'll be honest. The Warhammer universe was 100% not my jam (always felt a little cheesy and over the top) when they announced this as the new focus. I used to be in the camp that would have rather had Medieval 3 TW. But the gameplay made me change my mind. The magic, special abilities, weapon/armor slots, character upgrades, complex strengths vs counterstrength system, and animations made me fall in love. You have to balance and pay attention to so much more than just sword, spear, horse, and siege.

Also find a faction you thematically agree with and maybe that will help. I didn't start liking the game until I tried woodelves.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
If you watch a streamer so far into a 200-turns campaign that it spoils the ending for you, then the issue is seriously on your side. It doesn't come suddenly. It should be very evident to anyone with a working brain that the ending is coming and if they don't want it spoiled, they should perhaps go do something else.
Not everyone is connected 24/7 on those streamers. Some people probably just clicked at the wrong moment because they saw TWW3 gameplay.

And if they finished the campaign, then these streamers weren't so shit as these Chinese malcontents make them up to be. While the campaign is not really that hard for someone who knows what they're doing, it's long and it requires at least some dedication to finish. And it certainly can be tricky for a total noob.
Idk, some people aren't stupid and if they are paid to play the game I can see them finishing it quickly. Especially on easy.

Anyway after playing 10 hours, the game is very solid I'm loving it. I haven't saw that many bugs and appart from crashing and the bad performance, I'm very happy with the game.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Not everyone is connected 24/7 on those streamers. Some people probably just clicked at the wrong moment because they saw TWW3 gameplay.

Idk, some people aren't stupid and if they are paid to play the game I can see them finishing it quickly. Especially on easy.

Can't finish the campaign "quickly." It has a very specific pace, and it gives you a chance to get the souls you need to complete it only after a certain number of turns.

But come on. Let's not be naive here. Are we really justifying a review bombing (which is literally posting a false and intentionally misleading review) with someone that randomly, within a 150-200 turn campaign, happened to log in exactly when the ending was broadcasted?

Let's be honest. It's just envy because they think someone "less worthy" was allowed to play earlier. It isn't a new thing. And it's silly and childish every time. Probably it also hides irrational nationalist anger because CA dared to stop new releases for Three Kingdoms 1.5 years after release, the travesty! 😂

Last edited:

A.Romero

Can't finish the campaign "quickly." It has a very specific pace, and it gives you a chance to get the souls you need to complete it only after a certain number of turns.

But come on. Let's not be naive here. Are we really justifying a review bombing (which is literally posting a false and intentionally misleading review) with someone that randomly, within a 150-200 turn campaign, happened to log in exactly when the ending was broadcasted?

Let's be honest. It's just envy because they think someone "less worthy" was allowed to play earlier. It isn't a new thing. And it's silly and childish every time. Probably it also hides irrational nationalist anger because CA dared to stop new releases for Three Kingdoms 1.5 years after release, the travesty! 😂

I think right now media is making some money by publishing articles that enrage people. Since Cyberpunk it's been kind of trendy to jump on the hate wagon for games that come out incomplete, buggy or whatever. I think people are just jumping on this without understanding what the deal is.

Launch versions are always crappy for this franchise. The only exception I can think of is Troy which seemed to me very decent on day one. While the games are playable, they do improve a lot over time but that doesn't get clicks.

I also think there is stuff that does deserve criticism like using Denuvo. The game is on gamepass, I'm pretty sure that would deter a lot of the piracy impact. It was a bad decision on CA's part I believe.

Even though it is the last installment, it is only the beginning. Mortal Empires 3 will release in a year and DLC content/patches will probably keep on rolling for at least another decade. It's a huge fucking game that is already a decade or so in the making. I wasn't really hot on the Warhammer universe at first, but it really grew on me. Fair warning, each major release has always been kind of buggy, but with WH3 you'll be paying for a longterm experience anyway.
Immortal Empires will take a YEAR? What makes you say that?

Top Bottom