• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Total War: WARHAMMER III 2022 Roadmap is here

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
You should know that I'm a bit salty before reading this
After more than 2 month of radio silence, the roadmap for TW:WHIII is here. And it's quite disappointing.

What is happening with Creative Assembly? After a terrible launch you'd think they try to redeem themselves right? Hahaha.

game of thrones shame GIF

Enjoy this beautiful roadmap (which was supposed to be here a week after the release)

2022-Roadmap-1920x1080-1.jpg

For comparaison, here is the roadmap for TW:WH II that was shown only a few day after the release of the game: [click me]

The sad truth is that TW:WH III was released in such a poor state that the DLC went *pouf*.
So CA sold an early access game at full price, knowing it's gonna be a big mess.

unknown.png

Oh and not to mention that TW:WH II has been released in Epig and guess what? It broke the game on Steam. Yes that's true.
They updated the game files yesterday and now some people can't continue their campaign, a lot of mods don't work anymore and... MULTIPLAYER CHAT IS NOW GONE.
WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK.

But don't worry, CA is here to teach you that their code is a big mess, with simple image that our brain can understand:
855b6b9e768d153dbd946913a444184e8c624f6c.png

IS ANYONE ABLE TO RELEASE A FINISHED PRODUCT IN 2022?

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I gave this one a skip so haven't been following its launch or issues, but damn I had no idea it sucked... I guess it had to happen eventually though.

dottme

I imagine the exec meeting for releasing the games now:
- option 1 : we can delay the game by 2 year and release a good game
- option2 : we release the game broken and then share a JPEG online for people to be happy.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
The game launched in a bad state? Damn. How did it do on steam in terms of concurrent players?
"racking up a peak concurrent player count of 166,754 on its first day "
2nd most popular TW launch ever.

Damn, I didn't hear about any of these issues during reviews.
Is this really surprising?

for people to be happy.
There not, just go take a look at Reddit, r/TotalWar is a fun place right now.

unknown.png

A friend just done this one LMAO

unknown.png

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I love the Q2 2022 roadmap box.

It's almost all gameplay adjustments.

It's getting to a point more and more devs make roadmaps to explain patches and gameplay fixes than the traditional roadmap or season pass kind of thing which was purely content additions.

Last edited:

manfestival

I was all in on buying the game on steam to complete the experience with the other games that have released prior to this. Then I found out that the game was releasing incomplete and wouldn't be featuring the most important thing in all of the TW games... mortal empires. So then I went with the gamepass version. What a mess of a game. Developers should've learned by now but it seems they just keep fumbling around the same mistakes. Appreciate gamepass for allowing me to try a product for myself to see that it is trash sometimes. Anyways, I might consider it as a purchase with they supposedly include mortal empires in the 2nd major patch according this? Patch 1.3 for the BETA? Releasing a core part of the experience as a beta HOW LONG after a release? What a mess

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
unknown.png

I'm uninstalling this early access. Immortal Empire in beta by the end of the year, so full release probably in 2023.

Angry Washington Nationals GIF by MLB

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I'll buy it when the Mortal Empires campaign is available. I really have no interest in playing the story campaign or much else other than me and a few buddies trying to take over the whole map in a Mortal Empires campaign. I don't mind waiting, by the time it's released, hopefully most of the bugs will be ironed out.

If the original map was a sandbox like the first game or an objective you could basically ignore like 2 it would be fine.

They over engineered the map with mechanics that made the game.boring.

This game needed the mega map from the start. September is too far away. The player count is dead.

No idea why I didn't just wait on this.

Last edited:

A.Romero

I have played 2 full grand campaigns without issues, at least no bug wise. Questionable gameplay decisions? Many.

If the original map was a sandbox like the first game or an objective you could basically ignore like 2 it would be fine.

They over engineered the map with mechanics that made the game.boring.

This game needed the mega map from the start. September is too far away. The player count is dead.

No idea why I didn't just wait on this.

I find those mechanics more annoying than boring. The sandbox map will come with Inmortal Empires.

Last edited:

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I don't understand how the Blood pack takes 6 months. Like I don't technically understand how.

I know in the past it always come out 3-4 weeks after initial release and they always pass it off as "We have to do it that way for ratings reasons" even though Ive never played another game that did that in my entire history of gaming, but whatever.

But 6 months after release?? It sounds like it doesn't even exist yet, they haven't started working on it, and its not a priority.

Super lame, I can't enjoy Warhammer without violence. I know it doesn't change the gameplay but I dont care. Its like watching Pulp Fiction with commercials and censorship on TBS. Its just not right and I dont enjoy it like I normally would.

Might as well change the name to Peacehammer and put some flowers and doves on the cover.

Last edited:

Mercador

I'm so happy to have took it on Gamepass, I would have feel bad putting 92 CDN on it seriously. I'll buy it once Mortal Empires is completed.

Top Bottom