• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toys R Us pricedrops (7/15)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
source: benboxer (cag)

GBA

Yugioh EDS 19.95
TMNT 9.95
THUG 19.95
Frogger Relic 14.95

XBOX

NFL Street 39.95
Sonic Heroes 39.95
MOH: Rising Sun 29.95
Madden 04 29.95
LOTR:ROTK 29.95
007 EON 39.95
NHL 2004 29.95
Nascar Thunder 2004 29.95
Prince of Persia 19.95
THUG 19.95
ESPN Football 19.95
ESPN Hockey 29.95
ESPN College BB 19.95
Sims Bustin Out 29.95
True Crime 19.95
Dues Ex 2 19.95
Legacy of Kain 19.95

GC

NFL Street 39.95
Sonic Heroes 39.95
Madden 04 29.95
007 EON 39.95
Yugioh FBK 29.95
Frogger Rescue 19.95
NHL 2004 29.95
THUG 19.95
Sims Bustin Out 29.95

PS2

NFL Street 39.95
Sonic Heroes 39.95
Madden 04 29.95
007 EON 39.95
Yugioh DOR 14.95
NHL 2004 29.95
Nascar Thunder 2004 29.95
Prince of Persia 19.95
THUG 29.95
ESPN Hockey 29.95
ESPN College BB 19.95
Sims Bustin Out 29.95
Monster 4x4 19.95
Karaoke Rev Bundle 59.95
Karaoke rev w/o mic 29.95
Firefighter FD18 29.95
DBZ Budokai 2 19.95
Nightshade 19.95
Silent Hill 3 19.95
Legacy of Kain 19.95

I see a couple new prices here, Prince of Persia for $20 now, and THUG for $20 too (although PS2 is still $30)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Hmm, strange. I don't think the mods intend to do that. I remember I couldn't edit posts that were over 1 day old, but they changed it so you can edit them. Looks like they didn't completely fix the problem

Mumbles

That's about the price I was waiting for to buy PoP, so it looks like I'll be buying another game this week.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Someone said that they'll be doing a buy 2, get 1 free deal in August or sometime soon, but I think it's just heresay

B'z-chan

Banned
POP POP POP POP POP POP POP yeah i need to get this damn game. It was so fun. Now which is the best version? I played it originaly on GC but i dont know.

Rhindle

Wario64 said:
Someone said that they'll be doing a buy 2, get 1 free deal in August or sometime soon, but I think it's just heresay
Hmmm, I hope not. Late October/early November is the ideal time for the 3-for-2 sale. You can get all the big fall releases covered that way.

B'z-chan

Banned
Rhindle said:
Hmmm, I hope not. Late October/early November is the ideal time for the 3-for-2 sale. You can get all the big fall releases covered that way.
Not if it for instore only items and the selected list of titles like what they have been doing for the last two 3 for 2 deals.

GC pop why arent you 19.99 like your brothers why god why? If it is i would be happy to get it for GC, but Xbox is better than nothing right?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
B'z-chan said:
Now which is the best version? I played it originaly on GC but i dont know.
You can't go wrong with either the GC or Xbox version. There are essentially negligible differences in the game, but the Xbox has PoP1&2 unlockable while the GC only has one of those.

Get the version you prefer the controller for.

Andy787

Banned
Oo, very nice. Might go for Nightshade, TMNT GBA, and THUG. Is it safe to assume Deus Ex 2 is $20 for PC as well, considering it is for Xbox?

NotMSRP

GC version for brightest colors. PS2/XBOX are darker in colors. Prince has fingers on XBox while has a paw in the other two. GS/IGN say Xbox is the best one.

PM @ BB + 10% difference + GGC = CAG

atomsk

Party Pooper
wtf, i work in RZone and i havent heard about these yet. gotta mention it to my world leader...

as far as buy 2 get 1, i'll try to give you guys a heads up if i hear any mention of it

edit: in regards to TMNT GBA, my store just shipped 70(!!) copies we had back to the distrubutor... guess it just wasnt selling

B'z-chan

Banned
NotMSRP said:
GC version for brightest colors. PS2/XBOX are darker in colors. Prince has fingers on XBox while has a paw in the other two. GS/IGN say Xbox is the best one.

Sounds like a steal.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
NotMSRP said:

The Cube version will appeal to different people. Basically, the bloom lighting effects were seriously cut back on GC for some reason. I, for one, LOVED that bloom lighting and felt that it really added to the atmosphere...however, I know that many people would prefer if it was not present at all. In that case, the GC version is better for them.

There are some higher quality textures in the GC version as well, but that is the exception and not the rule. Some textures look better, but the vast majority are basically the same.

NotMSRP

I'm only going by what GS/IGN said.

Is there an archive of your version comparisons? I'm going to need them again.

What exactly is bloom lighting effects? Google hasn't provided me with a decent link.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
atomsk said:
edit: in regards to TMNT GBA, my store just shipped 70(!!) copies we had back to the distrubutor... guess it just wasnt selling

Heh, where you at kid? my store in Henrietta, NY (close to Rochester) had a shitload of copies too. But we pimped the free t-shirts so bad, a lot of people picked up the $19.99 game for a free t-shirt. Course I haven't been there in 5 weeks. Jerk asses broke my discount card too, I wanted to get a discount at a Japanese TRU! Students on leaves deserve discounts too!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
All 3 console versions for PoP are $19.99 apparantly, I dont know why GC isnt listed in the list

Top Bottom