• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trading Cards Thread

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
The only thing I used to collect and play with were pogs. I found a bunch of trading cards once at a garage sale, went through them, and sold them on eBay the next day. Made about $200. I had over about 500 pogs though, don't remember what happened to them, probably ended up in the trash.

pogs-tb.jpg

Bullet Club

2021 Upper Deck AEW Spectrum All Elite Wrestling Cards

7 cards per pack, 1 pack per box. I've seen one Australian site list it for over $400.

Each pack contains:

- 1 Autograph
- 1 Relic
- 1 Additional Card (Memorabilia Dark / Gold Parallel OR Non-Auto Memorabilia Insert OR Metal Insert)
- 1 Base Parallel
- 3 Base cards

RNq9Xzn.jpg

dUMyMpt.jpg

2lFW1at.jpg

n8jxICk.jpg

XaCKudC.jpg

NRoGgAM.jpg

pqijQmQ.jpg

UTlDH89.jpg

Trogdor1123

Only a bit on topic. I have a few thousand cards from late 80s and early 90s. Mostly hockey but a few marvel, dc, and baseball (maybe a thousand each). What is the best way to sell them as a bundle? Is It hard to find card values other than guessing through eBay. I miss Beckett…

Only a bit on topic. I have a few thousand cards from late 80s and early 90s. Mostly hockey but a few marvel, dc, and baseball (maybe a thousand each). What is the best way to sell them as a bundle? Is It hard to find card values other than guessing through eBay. I miss Beckett…
I just posted on facebook marketplace essentially what i was willing to accept to get rid of them in a timely manner. I did sift through them after i googled like “most valueable cards 1991 fleer mlb” to get a general price idea as well as see if i had any actually rare ones.

In the long run, atleast with the years i was dealing with, it wasnt really worth trying to sell piecemeal. Esp. When people can very easily just buy already sealed and graded stuff.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I collected MLB and NBA cards in the 90’s. I have two big books of cards and sheets, but they’re at my folks. I did get some Upper Deck Ozzie Smith and Ken Griffey Jr. cards not too long ago. They were presents from my childhood friends. I miss cards, but I bet it’s mostly nostalgia kicking in. I don’t relate to the players as well. I do have a PSA 10 Yadier Molina that I got as a present.

I hear this series of cards will be super hard to find or double the price on eBay once they’re gone. I love the collaboration, but I can’t display cards.

Bullet Club

r4ClJHA.jpg

• Panini makes its WWE debut with the iconic Prizm brand! Look for 2 Autographs and at least 20 Prizm parallels per box, on average!
  • Hunt for stunning Mojo (#’d/25), Gold (#’d/10), and Black (one of one) Prizm parallels!
  • Look for an abundance of colorful Prizm parallels that feature the best WWE Superstars of yesterday, today and tomorrow!
  • Find dual autographs that feature a pair of classic opponents in Iconic Rivals Dual Autographs!
  • Look for autographs from some of WWE’s greatest past and present titlists in Champion Signatures
  • Find a roster of compelling inserts, including the ultra-rare Color Blast!

No price listed yet.

Just curious, did anyone else buy weird non sports cards back in the late 80’s and early 90’s? For example I got one that was a cartoon style card with Saddam Huessien and George Bush during Desert Storm.

Bullet Club

eBay are setting up a COMC style trading card storage place.

KwZCjBU.jpg

Brazen

A new TCG coming up that's been in the works for a few years by Eric Curiosa (grinding gear games/path of exile) to those of you who would be interested and didn't want to miss out. Artwork caught my attention being a magic player back in the day. Looks really solid aesthetically and functionally for a card game after a deeper look. There's the alpha edition being ran on kickstarter which ends in less than a day with the project having plenty of confidence/success by surpassing its initial goal by over 1000% plus.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I need the 91 Gi Joe set and I'll pretty much have all the nostalgic stuff from my childhood. I've got all the X-men and Marvel sets from that time period already. Cool book coming out featuring Jim Lee's amazing X-Men cards.

clem84

Gold Member
Anyone here collecting Limited Run trading cards? If anyone here has doubles and would like to trade, hit me up.

HvG3jmv.jpg

zCK2Pnr.jpg

rAeGwjr.jpg

Last edited:
I'll be honest, I've always been one of those heathens that prefers Yu-Gi-Oh to MTG. I haven't played since the GX days, but I'd really love to get back into it. I especially want to play goat format (basically, in this format, you use the rules and banlist from August 2005, and you can only use cards released up to that point) because those are all the old cards I love and am familiar with.

Y7uCSYJ.jpg

For some reason, I've been obsessed with Yata-Garasu and Yata-lock decks. I just remember how controversial they were due to being unbelievably broken. The four cards key to this deck (Yata, Chaos Emperor Dragon, Sangan, and Witch Of The Black Forest) were entirely responsible for the creation of the Forbidden list due to Yata-lock being the most overpowered deck in YGO history.

Sadly, CEE, Sangan, and WOTBF have all been errata'd and not only taken off the banlist, but they're not even limited to one or two anymore. It just feels wrong, considering how long they've been banned, and the fact that they were literally responsible for the banlist in the first place.

Yata is still banned, however, and I don't ever see that changing. If it ever does leave the Forbidden list, it'll be a very sad day indeed. It's pretty much tradition at this point.
Yata actually recently got unbanned. Also Change of Heart is back to 1 too believe it or not. Raigeki is at 3 because the current meta doesn’t care about it. You can’t Yata lock because Chaos Emperor Dragon got Errated/Nerfed though.

I got back into the game earlier this year and have 6 decks and don’t wanna think about how much I spent lol.

KrakenIPA

I have quite a few low quality "legacy" M:TG cards that I will soon be cataloging (but not selling). I also have quite a few higher quality decks from recent expansion that I will catalogue and sell. I don't look down on the YuGiOh crew, and I also think that the wrestling cards posted in this thread are the absolute tits.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
35-FB69-EA-E785-4-FF9-A517-2-ED2-CAA278-AF.png

Really like this card, at $25 bucks it made sense.

FA126064-97-DD-4193-8131-5935-B5-CAEAE1.png

Wanted to share my other recent purchase, my collection is a good mixture of sports and media. Hopefully my other cards arrive soon.

EverydayBeast

AA8-FCDA7-A14-F-4-A6-B-9900-5960-E507-BB41.jpg

Couldn’t wait for shipping so I went to a local shop and they had a perfect 10 Trevor Lawrence.

B4-BA412-A-3-B12-4-C10-876-C-5-CA4874386-ED.jpg

Mint 9 Jeter $10 bucks eBay

1924-E961-1-BB9-4026-8-BEA-C1-CE6-DDCC688.jpg

Fantastic looking Lauri Markkanen. PSA 8 paid $15

362-FF120-0-C13-49-C5-8-FBD-857-D8-DF2-AF31.jpg

Pokémon.

EverydayBeast

69-E74-FF4-0683-42-C2-88-E9-618978-DC3-A51.jpg

Every single purchase has been right, delivered on time. Wish tennis and golf had uniforms but I respect the sports. The iron man card is just beautiful near mint grade 8 PSA.

EverydayBeast

20 years ago I collected cards but didn’t have numbered grades. If you put PSA graded cards into my collections from the 90s or 2000s it would be loaded with gem mint 10s and worth millions. Where I am now is collecting cards I like a lot.

Just picked up a digimon card that to me destroys anything Pokémon has

2330-B770-AB18-424-C-A76-E-7-DFD0-F061-D17.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195067973932

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384953434108

(Same card first edition higher grade (9) for $250)https://www.ebay.com/itm/1943815157...B5xA3pxNz8RFcf44=|tkp:Bk9SR7KV7rziYA&LH_BIN=1

9-CDF7-F84-9-ADE-4-BF6-BF92-BBD0-DD501090.jpg

Very pro power rangers you’re going to get your kids to watch and love it they’re back today with huge graphics and villains to me it’s an interesting card because the white ranger was created in a lab and it’s a limited run card series. Paid $27 and the card is going $100 ungraded https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-1994-...Magnificent-/383959492294?hash=item5965c4e6c6

E51-A17-F9-A975-416-D-BC54-DBC9938-F2-A5-D.jpg

2022 great looking card and best mma fighter of all time. Gem mint grade 10 paid $26.

EverydayBeast

That Nunes card is very cool.

UFC Donruss was a decent set. Better than NBA Donruss, even though it was pretty much the same.
Thanks
Just received a 2020 Darth Vader PSA MINT 9 Holocron in the mail

2493-AE0-C-83-BE-43-EC-BF73-CE20-BC55-CF2-C.jpg

Vader looks so imposing. I think it looks cool, there’s always mlb, nba, nfl cards so this card does the alternative sports thing well and I never have to worry about scratches or fingerprints because of the incredible case. Paid $32.

Top Bottom