• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Trailer] CRISIS CORE –FINAL FANTASY VII– REUNION | More Than A Remaster

Draugoth

Gold Member

FhxXDosUcAYV0vJ

CRISIS CORE™ –FINAL FANTASY® VII– REUNION, the modern version of the cult classic action RPG and prequel to FINAL FANTASY VII, is “More than a Remaster”, featuring a complete HD graphics overhaul, newly arranged soundtrack, fully voiced dialogue in English and Japanese, and an updated combat system. CRISIS CORE –FINAL FANTASY VII– REUNION will be released on PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch™ and Steam® on December 13th 2022.

Last edited:
So is this going to be Crisis Core or Multiverse Crisis Core? I'm not really a fan of what they've done with Final Fantasy VII Remake so I hope this doesn't follow that idea.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
The game that made me give a shit about Aerith.

Played through it on the PSP prior to FF7R releasing, it's a great game, I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed it and how invested I got in the story. Legit sad and effective. Zack is an awesome character, I hope they manage to get the same tone or improve on it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Nice. Really looking forward to this. There's no way in hell this is just a straight up 1 : 1 conversion. They're definitely gonna be adding/changing stuff to factor in the events of VII R.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
So is this going to be Crisis Core or Multiverse Crisis Core? I'm not really a fan of what they've done with Final Fantasy VII Remake so I hope this doesn't follow that idea.
Ugh. I hadn’t thought about that shit the remake did. Still leaves an awful taste in my mouth.

• Empathy
Reactions: Fuz
I hope people don’t sleep on this game, being a PSP title it always felt like it never got the recognition it deserved. The music, story, and battle system are all a treat. It’s kinda sad that Square did Hajime Tabata dirty because playing this game you realize that he’s really good at delivering the entire package.

wvnative

This appears to be a more direct remake than FF7R, so far all trailers have the exact same dialouge from PSP, and level layouts, they've just updated with it 7R visual style/voice actors/smoother gameplay.

I'm not very familiar with the original Crisis Core, so this story is going to be pretty fresh for me- definitely looking forward to this as the wait for FFVII Rebirth continues

Labadal

I liked it on my PSP, but I don't know how the mission structure will hold on consoles. There will probably be complaints, I think.

Lethal01

Zack will always be a more boring Cloud, but I'm excited to see a peak of the HD world of FF7 before Reunion launches.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Sounds like it will be a great experience on the Deck.

Likely will be able to get 60fps with little concessions.

Last edited:

CamHostage

Nice. Really looking forward to this. There's no way in hell this is just a straight up 1 : 1 conversion. They're definitely gonna be adding/changing stuff to factor in the events of VII R.

Which is a good thing, but I do wish these reimaginings also came with (or made available separately) the original game in there (especially since they can boost the presentation of the core old assets fairly easily with modern rendering and upscaling methods.) Just the PSP game released today with cleaner graphics would be a tough sell, but that PSP game was a good game on its own.

Go_Ly_Dow

I'm not very familiar with the original Crisis Core, so this story is going to be pretty fresh for me- definitely looking forward to this as the wait for FFVII Rebirth continues
I enjoyed it a lot back in the day. Although still fundamentally a PSP game, so it's no where near as free flowing and smooth gameplay like FF7 Remake.

May feel dated for those not familiar with the original, but worth a go if you'd like to see more of the FF7 world.

kiphalfton

It makes almost all other remasters out look like garbage (besides maybe TLOU and Uncharted Collection).

All the other devs out there need to git gud and stop being lazy POS when it comes to remasters.

This LOOKS like a full on remake. That is extremely impressive, especially for a game that is being ported FROM a mobile gaming device.

Last edited:

Pejo

Wonder if we're gonna see the time ghosts at the end...

Anyways, hope it has dual audio. I'm not usually a purist, but I hate NuZack's voice.

Upgrades look really good.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I enjoyed my time PSP version even tho I didn't care much for Genesis and Angeal story line.

This game looks pretty good. A remake, re-envisioning, remaster or whatever they want to call it.

If you look up the TGS coverage. A lot of pride said it looked really good even on Switch.

I’m 100% certain that FFVIIR is going to come to Switch successor at some point. So this is an interesting first step.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
- but we will see FF VII Remake on Switch?
- what?
- FF VII Remake on Switch
- FF VII Crisis Core will be released on Switch
- what about FF VII?
- what?

nordique

Looks amazing on switch oled

Impressed with the effort from square

Makes the kingdom hearts cloud entries more disappointing

TrueLegend

It is a well rounded remaster and I will take this anyday over high polygon, ray tracing and other hooblahoo horseshit features that developers tout these days and then just decide to ship the game with massive stuttering issues. Fuck all those games and all those developers.

Top Bottom