• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trails Launches 20th Anniversary Website; New Artwork

Today marks the 20th Anniversary of the Trails series.

This sixth entry in the Legend of Heroes franchise is the starting point of Trails proper, with over ten entries now released.

Three sagas have concluded, with the fourth ongoing. The beginning of this fourth arc, The Legend of Heroes: Trails through Daybreak, will launch in the West next week.

To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Trails franchise, developer Nihon Falcom has launched a new website that currently hosts a plethora of themed merchandise, upcoming events, and a history of the series’ releases.

The section of the website detailing the series’ history will tell you how old you were when the major game was released.

Additionally, new artwork celebrating the anniversary was shared, viewable below:

GQzkE8-bsAA6rTL

Source - Noisy Pixel

ranmafan

The series I love yet was in my pile of shame. Collected every game and a bunch of goods over the years, but they all got side tracked due to one reason or another on my playlist. But no longer. I started the series with Trails in the Sky last month. Finished the game last night. Fantastic start! Starting SC tonight. Long road ahead but one I’m glad to finally be taking.

I know you're one, if not the biggest, Kiseki fan here on GAF, so it's okay to get carried away a bit with excitement. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

I can't wait till you play through Daybreak

And than play the other games after you finish Daybreak 👀

5DGYv5s.gif

The series I love yet was in my pile of shame. Collected every game and a bunch of goods over the years, but they all got side tracked due to one reason or another on my playlist. But no longer. I started the series with Trails in the Sky last month. Finished the game last night. Fantastic start! Starting SC tonight. Long road ahead but one I’m glad to finally be taking.

Excited for you

I played it in this order

Trails of Cold Steel (Vita)
Trails of Cold Steel II (Vita)
Trails of Cold Steel III (PS4)
Trails In The Sky (Steam)
Trails In The Sky Second Chapter (Steam)
Trails In The Sky Final Chapter (Steam)
Trails of Cold Steel IV (PS4)
Trails From Zero (Switch)
Trails To Azure (Switch)
Trails Into Reverie (Switch)
Kuro No Kiseki (Steam)
Kuro No Kiseki II (Steam)

Kind of jealous you are playing in order. Wish I did that. But one of these days I'll replay all the games 👀

Glad you are enjoying Sky though

Last edited:

ranmafan

I can't wait till you play through Daybreak

And than play the other games after you finish Daybreak 👀

5DGYv5s.gif

Excited for you

I played it in this order

Trails of Cold Steel (Vita)
Trails of Cold Steel II (Vita)
Trails of Cold Steel III (PS4)
Trails In The Sky (Steam)
Trails In The Sky Second Chapter (Steam)
Trails In The Sky Final Chapter (Steam)
Trails of Cold Steel IV (PS4)
Trails From Zero (Switch)
Trails To Azure (Switch)
Trails Into Reverie (Switch)
Kuro No Kiseki (Steam)
Kuro No Kiseki II (Steam)

Kind of jealous you are playing in order. Wish I did that. But one of these days I'll replay all the games 👀

Glad you are enjoying Sky though
Yeah I’m really enjoying it. I’ve tried a few times over the years to play it, going all the way back to when I bought the Sky trilogy box set on psp here in Japan like about 15 years ago. I got far into fc a few times. But at the time my Japanese was good but I had trouble with the game in that I couldn’t understand everything in it. And with story being so important to this series I felt I was missing too much. So I put it a side a lot. Now while I can play in Japanese today with a much greater understanding, I also have the games in English now too so it’s much easier for me to play. I’m glad I can play them in release order too. It’s the way I always wanted to play them.

Yeah I’m really enjoying it. I’ve tried a few times over the years to play it, going all the way back to when I bought the Sky trilogy box set on psp here in Japan like about 15 years ago. I got far into fc a few times. But at the time my Japanese was good but I had trouble with the game in that I couldn’t understand everything in it. And with story being so important to this series I felt I was missing too much. So I put it a side a lot. Now while I can play in Japanese today with a much greater understanding, I also have the games in English now too so it’s much easier for me to play. I’m glad I can play them in release order too. It’s the way I always wanted to play them.

Oh you are in for a ride. Savor the experience. The Erebania Arc (Cold Steel) is great too and once you get there, you will be able to follow it more easily, especially with Cold Steel III and IV + Reviere

So far my ranking

TITS Trilogy
Kuro No Kiseki I/II
Crossbell Duology
Cold Steel III
Reviere
Cole Steel I/II
Cold Steel IV

I give them all A Grades though

The Creator of Kiseki said that after Kai no Kiseki – Farewell, O Zemuria is released, the main story will be 90 Percent done

I wonder how many games are left

And they still need to show the remaining other countries in the games. I wonder if they can complete the story in 1 to 2 games 👀

SantaC

Gold Member
Oh you are in for a ride. Savor the experience. The Erebania Arc (Cold Steel) is great too and once you get there, you will be able to follow it more easily, especially with Cold Steel III and IV + Reviere

So far my ranking

TITS Trilogy
Kuro No Kiseki I/II
Crossbell Duology
Cold Steel III
Reviere
Cole Steel I/II
Cold Steel IV

I give them all A Grades though
I was pissed because Covid made Cold Steel 4 change a lot of voice actors. RIP Osborne :(

YukiOnna

Crazy it's been 20 years. I dropped off the series since I realized I'm mainly just a Cold Steel fan than a Kiseki one and I just find it hard to detach from a cast and world I get attached to, and I'm happy with that. But I look forward to seeing how many games are left in this saga.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Yeah it's amazing that it took them 20 Years to complete 90 Percent of the story

That they were able to cultivate and grow the audience is great to watch

Falcom is my favorite JRPG Publisher but I wish they would do more than Trails, Ys and Tokyo Xanadu. They should start making new IPs too
Well, in all fairness Tokyo Xanadu it's still a pretty new IP. I'm excited to hear there will be a sequel coming soon. It took them long enough.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
The Creator of Kiseki said that after Kai no Kiseki – Farewell, O Zemuria is released, the main story will be 90 Percent done
I think that will be for the main series but I can actually see a new prequel series or a sequel series or even an MMO.

I just can't see this series ending with the main storyline. It's such a well fleshed out universe that I hope it continues in some form.

Paltheos

If you're playing on PC, a few mods are available to improve/change the experience. The only one that's absolutely essential imo is the voice mod, which adds a Japanese dub that was added in the Vita rereleases of all the Trails in the Sky games. You're already past it, but the rooftop scene at the end of Sky 1 is that much more gut-wrenching voiced. Performances in general are all good though. Akemi Kanda stands out as Estelle, although no doubt a good chunk of that comes from how fantastic a character Estelle is.

ranmafan

If you're playing on PC, a few mods are available to improve/change the experience. The only one that's absolutely essential imo is the voice mod, which adds a Japanese dub that was added in the Vita rereleases of all the Trails in the Sky games. You're already past it, but the rooftop scene at the end of Sky 1 is that much more gut-wrenching voiced. Performances in general are all good though. Akemi Kanda stands out as Estelle, although no doubt a good chunk of that comes from how fantastic a character Estelle is.
Oh nice! Thanks for the tip! I didn’t even think about using any mods. But now I gotta try cause the last time I tried to play the series in Japanese was with the Vita evo versions, and I loved the voice acting in it. I’ll have to check those out for sure!

Top Bottom