• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trans actress Josie Totah cast in lead role of ‘Saved by the Bell’ reboot

GeorgPrime

Banned
One of the most popular cheerleaders at the school, bigots.
BMLU3CH6LFFZ3NH4JISCUEY5SE.jpg

ahh thats the model for the boys in "The Outer Worlds". Now i understand why they look like this

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
they got rid of the actual black actor and replaced her with a white trans woman

typical corporate woke culture
She's not white; and unfortunately Lark Voorhies struggles really badly with bi-polar disorder and her anti-psychotics make her pretty fucking loopy. Even her little interview snippets about not being included have her sounding quite odd.

But yeah wouldn't be shocked if this was a woke corporate decision.

But maybe this person is entertaining? No fucking clue lol

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
shes white passing, which is good enough

also "crazy black woman is crazy" is a corporate racist stereotype no surprise they used that as an excuse

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
She's not white; and unfortunately Lark Voorhies struggles really badly with bi-polar disorder and her anti-psychotics make her pretty fucking loopy. Even her little interview snippets about not being included have her sounding quite odd.

But yeah wouldn't be shocked if this was a woke corporate decision.

But maybe this person is entertaining? No fucking clue lol
I saw a couple Lark V videos years back. She's was spaced out and totally on drugs.

Last edited:

TheMan

I'm torn on this. This dramedy angle just seems weird and out place , but then again I can't really stand old school sitcoms like the OG SBTB anymore. I'll give this a shot out of sheer curiosity but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Also, lol at the anti-trans sentiments in this thread. Blows my mind that some people can be so fucking bigoted. Jesus Christ.

Kiwicha

I saw the trailer earlier and didn't notice the trans kid. Is she/her gonna play a transgender character or a girl?

Forsythia

Let me know when the Alf reboot hits maybe I’ll check that one out

Will Alf be played by the same goblin as in this reboot?

(edit) To be fair, she looks fine in the trailer, it's the pics in this thread that make her look like a little boy.

Last edited:

Kazza

I'm sad to see that Kelly has aged the worse of the 4 :messenger_loudly_crying: . Slater looks the best - he's even more impressive than Keanu.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I'd give this person about 15m with the cheerleaders I went to school with before deciding maybe band was a better extracurricular activity. It would be brutal.

Last edited:

Cravis

I’ll catch a YouTube compilation of all of AC Slater’s scenes. Not wasting my time on the other garbage

Mistake

Just Googled her. She looks fine for the part. You guys are tripping over nothing. Good for transgendered people. I still wont watch a new Saved by the Bell spinoff but I'm not their target demographic either.

23064804-7857559-_pictured_October_13_-m-10_1578330956151.jpg

960x0.jpg

josie-totah.png
2nd pic is obvious. The others? Well that’s what photoshop and post production is for

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
At first blush I never would have known she was trans.

Kinda expecting her to get cancelled over something minor since she passes so well and that’s just privileged.

Top Bottom