• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Triangle Strategy Coming to PC - October 13th

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

TACTICAL ROLE-PLAYING GAME, TRIANGLE STRATEGY COMING TO PC ON OCTOBER 13​

Digital Pre-Purchase Now Available for Steam

LONDON (Sept. 13, 2022) Square Enix Ltd., today announced that turn-based tactical role-playing game, TRIANGLE STRATEGYTM is launching on PC (STEAM®) on October 13, 2022. Having previously released globally to positive reception on Nintendo Switch™ system in March 2022, TRIANGLE STRATEGY is an exciting HD-2D tactical RPG from the award-winning development team behind OCTOPATH TRAVELER™ and BRAVELY DEFAULT™, featuring a strategic turn-based battle system, deep branching story and arduous moral choices. Pre-purchase on Steam available now!

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

LONDON (Sept. 13, 2022) Square Enix Ltd., today announced that turn-based tactical role-playing game, TRIANGLE STRATEGYTM is launching on PC (STEAM®) on October 13, 2022. Having previously released globally to positive reception on Nintendo Switch™ system in March 2022, TRIANGLE STRATEGY is an exciting HD-2D tactical RPG from the award-winning development team behind OCTOPATH TRAVELER™ and BRAVELY DEFAULT™, featuring a strategic turn-based battle system, deep branching story and arduous moral choices. Pre-purchase on Steam available now!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
jenn-jenn-robbins.gif

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

steam page is up as well as the trailer

also in a bundle with VARIOUS DAYLIFE

anab0lic36

This is Square Enix best JRPG in a long long time, do not skip this one. IT does so many things right, a story that enables you to make interesting meaningful tough decisions about how things will play out next, a cast of characters who you will grow to love, all of which are really unique in how they play in the battles and combo with one another. Gorgeous 2dHD visuals, a soundtrack that rivals Octopaths.... For the best experience play on hard mode with Japanese voice acting, the battles will kick your ass on this setting, you will have to play smart, but when you finally beat them its so satisfying. My GOTY of 2022 and its not even close. I put 70 hours into this game and don't regret a minute of it. Also, pickup tactics ogre reborn later on in the year if this type of game is something you want more of.

EDMIX

Yes I was wrong. :D

yea someone beat me too it lol

Consider it took 3 and half years for Octopath to come to XB, it could be that some of these IP will come to PS or even XB inevitably. I'm not that shocked that Octopath 2 coming to PC, PS, Switch etc. If they have that small team porting titles, they might want to give them time between those versions, look at how many years that Various Daylife thing was out before its now being ported.

So for all you know Triangle Strategy is ported on PS4/PS5 either next year or the year after or something.

Last edited:

Pejo

Excited to try this out. I haven't played a SRPG since Fire Emblem: 3H, which I mostly hated.

EDMIX

Ya I’m pretty hyped. Have only heard good things and have been waiting for this to end up on PC since the Nvidia leak. Should be a great Steam Deck game.

True, will wait for a PS port or buy on PC some time next year if I get the time. Limiting my RPGs for a while as they take a lot of time lol

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Seems like a nice game but I wish there was a way to make hud stuff less futuristic and fancy and more like the simple shapes and colors of actual old games in the genre, they're distracting and imo clash with the rest of the visuals. Maybe I should play windowed/from further back or something.

The mouse controls are weird and require key presses on top as functions actually shown on screen aren't clickable, they just show what key/button does what, plus the cursor movement is weird in the map, I dunno about the actual battle interface since I already switched to controller before one.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
the switch demo had way too much cutscene talk .. I couldn’t even make it to any gameplay lol

EDMIX

the switch demo had way too much cutscene talk .. I couldn’t even make it to any gameplay lol

Now...I need to really, really give a fuck about a game's story to watch all that. I never get games that have shit like that when they know its a medium here they visually can express something. Mix that shit up, convey that shit with a few sprite movements and keep it pushing, give me the fucking sparknotes lol

Shifty1897

Now...I need to really, really give a fuck about a game's story to watch all that. I never get games that have shit like that when they know its a medium here they visually can express something. Mix that shit up, convey that shit with a few sprite movements and keep it pushing, give me the fucking sparknotes lol
Things pick up after chapter 5 but yes the opening is dreadfully slow, it does a lot of world building during that time so you understand the how's and why's of things when they finally pop off.

Since you can directly alter the missions, characters, and story through your decisions, a lot of conversation happens to connect those dots in a convincing manner.

Arsic

Got this for $27 for pc version . Bouncing between this and Octopath 2.

I’m convinced this development team is the single best jrpg group left , and that every other attempt is a fraction of their talent .

Top Bottom