• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump assoc. Sater attempts quid pro quo arrangement with RU for Trump Tower Moscow

Didn't see anything

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...sia-9pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.625dc27eda9d

As part of the discussions, a Russian-born real estate developer urged Trump to come to Moscow to tout the proposal and suggested he could get President Vladimir Putin to say ”great things" about Trump, according to several people who have been briefed on his correspondence.

The developer, Felix Sater, predicted in a November 2015 email that he and Trump Organization leaders would soon be celebrating — both one of the biggest residential projects in real estate history and Donald Trump's election as president, according to two of the people with knowledge of the exchange.

Sater wrote to Trump Organization Executive Vice President Michael Cohen, ”something to the effect of, ‘Can you believe two guys from Brooklyn are going to elect a president?' " said one person briefed on the email exchange. Sater emigrated to the United States from what was then the Soviet Union when he was 8 and grew up in Brooklyn.

Discussions about the Moscow project began in earnest in September 2015, according to people briefed on the deal. An unidentified investor planned to build the project and, under a licensing agreement, put Trump's name on it. Cohen acted as a lead negotiator for the Trump Organization. It is unclear how involved or aware Trump was of the negotiations.

As the talks progressed, Trump voiced numerous supportive comments about Putin, setting himself apart from his Republican rivals.

By the end of 2015, Putin began offering praise in return.

”He says that he wants to move to another, closer level of relations. Can we really not welcome that? Of course we welcome that," Putin told reporters during his annual end-of-the year news conference. He called Trump a ”colorful and talented" person. Trump said afterward that the compliment was an ”honor."

Though Putin's comments came shortly after Sater suggested that the Russian president would speak favorably about Trump, there is no indication that the two are connected.

Trump's interest in building in Moscow, however, are long-standing. He had attempted to build a Trump property for three decades, starting with a failed effort in 1987 to partner with the Soviet government on a hotel project.

”Russia is one of the hottest places in the world for investment," he said in a 2007 court deposition.

”We will be in Moscow at some point," he promised in the deposition.

Sater was involved in at least one of those previous efforts. In 2005, the Trump Organization gave his development company, the Bayrock Group, an exclusive one-year deal to attempt to build a Moscow Trump Tower. Sater located a site for the project — an abandoned pencil factory — and worked closely with Trump on the deal, which did not come to fruition.
Will edit with more quotes, parsing it now. Lock me up if old.

Edit: Didn't wanna paste the whole article, more details at the link.

Edit 2: I lied, posting these excerpts too

Alan Garten, a lawyer for the Trump Organization, told The Washington Post last year that Sater happened to be in Moscow at the same time as Trump's two adult children. ”There was no accompanying them to Moscow," he said.

Neither Sater or his attorney responded to requests for comment.

Sater worked as an executive with Bayrock, whose offices were in Trump Tower, and brokered deals to license Trump's name for developments in multiple U.S. and foreign cities. In 2010, Trump allowed Sater to briefly work out of Trump Organization office space and use a business card that identified him as a ”senior adviser to Donald Trump."

Still, when asked about Sater in 2013 court deposition, Trump said: ”If he were sitting in the room right now, I really wouldn't know what he looked like." He added that he had spoken with Sater ”not many" times.

Locke562

"...suggested he could get President Vladimir Putin to say “great things” about Trump"

This sounds like something the White House might leak. "See the president didn't even know Putin! Someone else had to make the introductions!"

Magwik

Banned
Thinking_Face_Emoji_large.png

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Is this true? First time I'm hearing the name tbh. That would be great.
Sater has been on the periphery the entire time. And there are a couple more of him.

It's all coming together in the next couple of weeks. Don't get me wrong, Trump will be the leader of the free world for considerably longer than that but he will run out of useful friends in a fortnight.

Just a feeling I have.

schnarf

Not shocked to see Felix's name pop up again.

This was published by Paul Wood (formerly of the BBC) in The Spectator earlier this month:

"For several weeks there have been rumours that Sater is ready to rat again, agreeing to help Mueller. ‘He has told family and friends he knows he and POTUS are going to prison,’ someone talking to Mueller’s investigators informed me.
“In about the next 30 to 35 days, I will be the most colourful character you have ever talked about,” Sater told New York Magazine. “Unfortunately, I can’t talk about it now, before it happens. And believe me, it ain’t anything as small as whether or not they’re gonna call me to the Senate committee."

Azuran

Banned
It's sad that stories like this don't elicit a reaction anymore. This orange crook is getting away with destroying a country just because the GOP are just as corrupt.

Sater has been on the periphery the entire time. And there are a couple more of him.

It's all coming together in the next couple of weeks. Don't get me wrong, Trump will be the leader of the free world for considerably longer than that but he will run out of useful friends in a fortnight.

Just a feeling I have.

Yeah, as much as I am keeping my expectations tempered, everything seems to falling into place. I had a theory about this web of insanity, and so far it's pretty close, only a couple pieces don't fit perfectly. But it's pretty damn close. Sater was the clincher.

It's sad that stories like this don't elicit a reaction anymore.
There's also a major hurricane destroying Houston, riots in Berkeley, the VMAs, and the Game of Thrones finale tonight. Oh and people are still talking about the Arpaio pardon and trans military ban. Too much going on for most people to focus right now.

Azuran

Banned
There's also a major hurricane destroying Houston, riots in Berkeley, the VMAs, and the Game of Thrones finale tonight. Oh and people are still talking about the Arpaio pardon and trans military ban. Too much going on for most people to focus right now.

Oh I'm not talking about GAF. I'm just saying that most people probably go "what else is new?" when a new Trump/Russia story drops.

Lol who watches the VMAs?

Lando999

Neo Member
Sorry for high jacking this thread and asking for help. I truly need some help though and I can't create a new topic. Im Canadian and I always vote Conservative. I've always considered my self on the right side of politics.

Until today......

The right scares the crap out of me now. I feel lost, even in Canada. I had a conversation today with another Conservative and the stuff he said was so vile.

I don't won't any part of this!!!

Fuck, I really need some help :(

The most significant piece of the puzzle here is the obviously intimate communication Sater had with Trump himself regarding the failed Moscow real estate deals.

That makes Trump's disavowing him suspect and might be important later if Sater is, as rumoured, a key witness in the Mueller probe.

I also like Ivanka popping up in the context of this deal. About time she stopped walking through the rain drops while everyone around her appears compromised.

Sorry for high jacking this thread and asking for help. I truly need some help though and I can't create a new topic. Im Canadian and I always vote Conservative. I've always considered my self on the right side of politics.

Until today......

The right scares the crap out of me now. I feel lost, even in Canada. I had a conversation today with another Conservative and the stuff he said was so vile.

Welcome to alot of us's world years ago. You only get more lefty from here.

The most significant piece of the puzzle here is the obviously intimate communication Sater had with Trump himself regarding the failed Moscow real estate deals.

That makes Trump's disavowing him suspect and might be important later if Sater is, as rumoured, a key witness in the Mueller probe.

I also like Ivanka popping up in the context of this deal. About time she stopped walking through the rain drops while everyone around her appears compromised.

Oh, Precious One'll have her time in the barrel too, hopefully.

Until today......

Understandable. If Canada's conservatives are anything like those in the US, something like this happened to them at some point:

While you thought you were being 'normally conservative', the rest of the conservative world lost its goddamned mind.

Aselith

Until today......

https://youtu.be/ktvTqknDobU

Understandable. If Canada's conservatives are anything like those in the US, something like this happened to them at some point:

While you thought you were being 'normally conservative', the rest of the conservative world lost its goddamned mind.

That gif always upsets the fuck out of me.

pigeon

Banned
This story doesn't seem to be gaining much traction. Though Harvey is a big story, rightfully so.

Maybe we can make it pop a little more.

tower-t3-master675.png

nyt said:
The business associate, Felix Sater, wrote a series of emails to Mr. Trump’s lawyer, Michael Cohen, in which he boasted about his ties to Mr. Putin and predicted that building a Trump Tower in Moscow would be a political boon to Mr. Trump’s candidacy.

“Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it,” Mr. Sater wrote in an email. “I will get all of Putins team to buy in on this, I will manage this process.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/28/us/politics/trump-tower-putin-felix-sater.html?_r=0

Tens of thousands of e-mails from Podesta and nothing ever came close to this "villain monologues his entire evil plan" shit from these people.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
At this point the main characters of The Americans show more nuance and moral ambivalence than some of these folks. And they are stone cold killers from the KGB.

I don't even know if this whole mess is making me more excited or uninterested for the final season. Real life needs to get better writers. This shit is not believable anymore.

Top Bottom