• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump meets with tech leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
WTF? How can an openly gay CEO sit there and just take it?
That doesn't matter. He's the CEO of one of the most influential companies in the world. There are stakeholders that want Apple to play ball and be on good terms with the President-elect. That's just Business.

Here is probably how it went down-

Trump: Hi everyone. Just letting you know that you're going to move all your manufacturing operations back to the mainland USA or you're going to pay INSANELY HIGH TARIFFS on your products coming back in from overseas.

Tech Leaders raise their hands: But but...

Trump: No need for questions. I wasn't asking for your input. I just wanted to make that statement. It's time for lunch. Later, gents.

RPGCrazied

That doesn't matter. He's the CEO of one of the most influential companies in the world. There are stakeholders that want Apple to play ball and be on good terms with the President-elect. That's just Business.

Money before country? Well that is how GOP played this election. Party before country.

i thought this was written in jest

CzqaMioWgAAw-9D.jpg

until i watched the video..

Only one I'd trust in that meeting that has the betterment of human kind in mind would be Elon.

Yep, wolfs and sharks the rest of them. They probably ate leftovers of their own grandmothers for lunch intermission while checking their stock prices incessantly.

Window

Here's a list of previously announced members:

Stephen A. Schwarzman (Forum Chairman), Chairman, CEO, and Co-Founder of Blackstone;
Paul Atkins, CEO, Patomak Global Partners, LLC, Former Commissioner of the Securities and Exchange Commission;
Mary Barra, Chairman and CEO, General Motors;
Toby Cosgrove, CEO, Cleveland Clinic;
Jamie Dimon, Chairman and CEO, JPMorgan Chase & Co;
Larry Fink, Chairman and CEO, BlackRock;
Bob Iger, Chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company;
Rich Lesser, President and CEO, Boston Consulting Group;
Doug McMillon, President and CEO, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.;
Jim McNerney, Former Chairman, President, and CEO, Boeing;
Adebayo “Bayo” Ogunlesi, Chairman and Managing Partner, Global Infrastructure Partners;
Ginni Rometty, Chairman, President, and CEO, IBM;
Kevin Warsh, Shepard Family Distinguished Visiting Fellow in Economics, Hoover Institute, Former Member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System;
Mark Weinberger, Global Chairman and CEO, EY;
Jack Welch, Former Chairman and CEO, General Electric;
Daniel Yergin, Pulitzer Prize-winner, Vice Chairman of IHS Markit;

Morts

Why the fuck are Trumps kids in all of his meetings? Tell me that's not strangest thing ever.

That awkward as fuck handshake.

Seriously. I thought they were going to be running his sham of a 'blind trust'. I don't understand why this isn't continually being questioned.

Then again we moved on from the outrage that is Steve Bannon in twenty minutes, so that's just how things are going to be from now on.

I'm familiar with Trump alarming desires to dismantle scientific research, but is there a way they may sabotage the tech sector by meddling in scientific research? Or are they relatively safe so long as smartphones keep getting made?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The title is inaccurate. It should read Trump meets tech leaders, entertains them for a few hours, then promptly forgets everything they said after they leave the room.

cress2000

"These people are an obstacle. Their minds are much more objective than mine so they won't listen to me. I am (a wannabe) God, therefore I must figure out a way to destroy them before they get into my way."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom