• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump meets with tech leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
It's interesting how so many people can look at the exact same photo and come up with such wildly different interpretations of what they think is going on in the photos.

Vox

Banned
Not sure why this pic isn't in the OP? I think it's important to show that there were good times in the meetings.

bDlk9E.jpg

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Not sure why this pic isn't in the OP? I think it's important to show that there were good times in the meetings.

We wouldn't want to get the idea that a frozen moment of time actually isn't the full representation of an entire meeting, now would we?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

bDlk9E.jpg

But they're only having a nice moment because they're not paying any attention to Donald.
Maybe they're bonding over how much of a moron they think he is.

Linkura

Still don't know why he showed up. He got in some vocal battles with Trump over the past months when he was running for President.

Probably on the very minute hope he could get in his ear and influence him somehow. Same reason Bill Gates and most of the other people at this tech meeting met with him, I'm sure.

Flai

bDlk9E.jpg

Because that doesn't fit the narrative. Same with the meeting between Obama and Trump. The photo that went around everywhere was the one where both of them looked like they didn't want to be there, even though there were plenty of photos from the meeting where they they were smiling or had normal expressions.

I would respect these tech leaders more if they refused to show up based on what Trump has done and said.

These tech leaders are the leaders (and founders) of some of the most important companies in the US, employing tens of thousands of highly educated and skilled professionals. I would have lost respect for anyone who refused to show up, considering they are doing their jobs by being there and representing the best interests of their employees and shareholders.

Dude Abides

Banned
Peter Thiel's little name card doesn't have an affiliation. I guess "Toady" would've been a little on the nose.

Also somebody forgot to tell Ivanka it wasn't casual Wednesday.

jelly

Is it just me or does Trump look like the small man in the room, like he is out of his depth. Inviting his kids feels like rubbing shoulders with people they would never cross paths with.

The tech heads will make the most of anything, that's their job even if they don't like it. The only worry with Trump from a business perspective is imploding the US economy but he'll probably do them a lot of favours.

Dehnus

Eric Schmidt "i just want to go home and take some sleep"

Yikes... this is some scary shit right here.

Eric Schmidt is an asshole though, he and Peter Thiel probably get along fine. He is the one that steered Google away from "Don't be evil." and right into the "evil territories" that makes Microsoft go "DAYUMN! when do you unleash the flying monkeys!?".

Ask people that worked with him at Novell how much of a dick that guy is.

LeleSocho

Banned
Eric Schmidt is an asshole though, he and Peter Thiel probably get along fine. He is the one that steered Google away from "Don't be evil." and right into the "evil territories" that makes Microsoft go "DAYUMN! when do you unleash the flying monkeys!?".

Ask people that worked with him at Novell how much of a dick that guy is.

tell me more

Tim Cook really looks like he's about to suddenly scream fuck this shit and murder trump in cold blood.

And Pence always has that same expression.

eizarus

Banned
Tim Cook's got such a Junior Soprano look going on there. "This goddamn orange is so far up my ass I can taste brylcreem in the back of my mouth".

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Yeah, ES has a rep for being challenging, to say at least.

Silver lining: Elon Musk and the chief executive of Uber are now advising Donald Trump

The heads of Uber and Tesla are taking on strategic advisory roles with President-elect Donald Trump.

Travis Kalanick, the chief executive of Uber, and Elon Musk, the chief executive of Tesla, will “meet with the president frequently” and offer their expertise to Trump as part of his Strategic and Policy Forum, Trump officials said.

Musk's role is particularly notable in light of his criticism of Trump during the presidential campaign. Musk had said Trump was “not the right guy” for the Oval Office.

“He doesn't seem to have the sort of character that reflects well on the United States,” he told CNBC in November.

Musk is a pragmatist, so he probably wants to step in to contain the crazy and prevent the Orange Menace from ruining Tesla/Solar City at the first chance. He's also known for having a short fuse and a loud mouth, so things could turn out funny between those two.

Moosichu

Yeah, ES has a rep for being challenging, to say at least.

Silver lining: Elon Musk and the chief executive of Uber are now advising Donald Trump

Trump is a pragmatist, so he probably wants to step in to contain the crazy and preventing the Orange Menace from ruining Tesla/Solar City at the first chance. He's also known for having a short fuse, so things could turn out funny.

I assume you mean Musk here? And who is known for the short fuse, Musk as well?

EDIT: Been answered. :p

gaugebozo

Seriously. I thought they were going to be running his sham of a 'blind trust'. I don't understand why this isn't continually being questioned.

Then again we moved on from the outrage that is Steve Bannon in twenty minutes, so that's just how things are going to be from now on.
There are too many things. Should we focus on Steve Bannon? His children running both his business and getting offices in the White House? Business conflicts of interest with being president? Russian involvement in our election? Disastrous cabinet picks? Notice I just named too many things to realistically go after him for things like sexual assault and fraud.

Any one of these things used to be enough to sink a presidency.

Dehnus

tell me more

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/mar/07/google-eric-schmidt-jared-cohen
http://boingboing.net/2014/05/07/eric-schmidt-war-crimes-apolo.html
https://www.eff.org/nl/deeplinks/2009/12/google-ceo-eric-schmidt-dismisses-privacy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Schmidt#Public_positions
(Especially read about the Tax "Evasion")

Keep searching and you'll keep finding more about this guy. He's basically like Thiel but only wants more oppressive government and tells Dictatorships "how to use that!". So where Thiel wants to run after a "King!" Schmidt wants a Plutarchy.

The difference is minor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom