• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trusted Reviews: PS5 battered Xbox in 2022 and The Game Awards nominations prove it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaiff

It is 2023 title. The one that would be delayed to 2024 would be avowed.
If they delay it to 2024, then MS its a bad outlook for MS.
They need a 2023 big title, aside of 2022 delayed games.
What do you mean "delay"? They never gave a release year or window.
I would hope it was 23. Wasn't that the first game ever announced for the system?
I think so but this is from the guys who also announced Everwild, a game that was still in the concept phase.

Why would someone that already have a PS5 buy any xbox in 2022? What would have caused somebody who did not already really want one to decide to want one in the last year?

I just don't see why that would have happened... The other way around? sure, I can give you plenty of arguments in the form of a list of top tier games that are nowhere else.
Why would a happy PlayStation gamer care about what Xbox is doing? If you think PlayStation is the best figure you'd happily ignore any and all things Xbox yet these threads are filled with people who don't own the platform. Very curious.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I honestly had no idea that XBOX is lacking when it comes to exclusives. I'm sure someone might take issue with that so please feel free to educate me if I'm being ignorant.

I'm sure there's gonna be a steady flow at some point. XBOX has a ton of assets, gotta be some bangers at some point.

Why would someone that already have a PS5 buy any xbox in 2022? What would have caused somebody who did not already really want one to decide to want one in the last year?

I just don't see why that would have happened... The other way around? sure, I can give you plenty of arguments in the form of a list of top tier games that are nowhere else.
Is that a real question?

Is there some reason you guys are so focused on calendar years as if good games just stop existing on Jan 1?

They have like 4+ big games.
Early 2023 Starfield, redfall, motorsport. Hell blade 2 and what they have for fall 2023.
You think Starfield is early 2023? And Hellblade 2023 at all?

Motorsport is Q2...so April / June. Redfall is "first half 2023" right?

So my post could be right. Still around half a year before another big game.

Still 2023 sounds like it will be big for all of them tbh.

Banjo64

cumsessed

Maybe I’m getting old, maybe it’s because I’ve been platinuming Sony’s first party games since the PS3. But I can barely even maintain an erection when playing their games now. I’ve had Horizon FW since launch and haven’t started it yet, and I’m not even interested in buying Ragnörok until it’s £20 or less. There’s a lot of overhype around Sony at the moment IMO.

ikbalCO

Starfield is a bend or break moment for xbox. That game needs to be as polished as possible. There is so much riding on it.

I have never been a bathesda guy so only game i care from xbox side is hellblade 2. I see some of you xboys put waaaay too much burden on hellblade's little shoulders. I dont think as a franchise it is big as you think.

LoL @ some of you saying ps5 dont have games for 2023. Ff16, forspoken, ff7r, factions and possibly spiderman 2 and silent hill remake? Not including the launch of psvr 2 with horizon call of the mountain? No fam, ps will be busy next year as well

feynoob

Banned

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Imagine not owning both systems in 2022 and then engaging in console warring.
Imagine thinking owning both systems in 2022 makes you innocent of fanboyism.
Strangely enough they usually the worse ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom