• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trusted Reviews: Xbox Series X is the Best console of 2021

Little Mac

Gold Member
snl s reactions GIF

Banjo64

cumsessed
Tomorrow night; Trusted Reviews best console philosophy of 2021 - Nintendo Switch.

They’re either trying to unify everyone, or, by leaving a gap in between announcements are trying to stoke the flames before delivering a left right goodnight.

Topher

Gold Member
Quick resume is amazing and personally I way prefer the Xbox controller especially the elite 2

I'm digging the standard Xbox controller more than I thought I would, but yeah Elite Series 2 is still my favorite.

Of course the one with VRR and doesn’t require a degree I n computer science to play back combat games won best console. I don’t even see why this would be controversial. Xbox as a console has more to offer on a hardware level.

CS degree for BC.....what? Anyway....why would an opinion be controversial? I think XSX has better features overall, but I could make a case for either XSX or PS5 to be the "best console". Either way, it is entirely subjective.

Last edited:
I've been with the Playstation ecosystem since the beginning. When the PS5 came out, I'd tried for 8 months getting one to no avail, so I switched focus to trying to get a XSX instead. I got lucky when browsing around the Best Buy website one day, and they had just put the XSX up for sale this past May. I've been playing Game Pass games, and I've never been happier. I have a large library of PS4 games that run better on the PS5, so I'll still be picking one up at some point. But with 2+ more years of Game Pass left, I'm not going to be buying a PS5 until the PS5 Pro comes out by then.

Last edited:
I'm digging the standard Xbox controller more than I thought I would, but yeah Elite Series 2 is still my favorite.

CS degree for BC.....what? Anyway....why would an opinion be controversial? I think XSX has better features overall, but I could make a case for either XSX or PS5 to be the "best console". Either way, it is entirely subjective.
its a joke about how complicated ps5 back compat is...

Whats complicated? Ps5 plays PS4 games.

How to transfer your Far Cry 6 save data from PS4 to PS5​

1. You’ll need both the PS4 and the PS5 versions of Far Cry 6 installed.
  2. Load the PS4 version, then hit “new game.” (Weird, right?)
  3. Next to your save slot, you should see an icon that looks like a little cloud with an up arrow over it—the universal icon for “upload to cloud.” Click on that.
  4. Now, boot up the PS5 version.
  5. Go to “new game” again. (Yup, still weird.)
  6. Next to one of the save slots, see an icon that looks like a little cloud with a down arrow over it—the universal icon for “download from cloud.” Click on that.
  7. That’s it. You did it! You can repeat the process as often as you’d like, but you can only keep one save file in the cloud at once.

yup...painless.

Rivet

The best console is the one that pushed the technology forward with haptics, 3D sound and the introduction of variable frequencies and custom I/O, so the PS5. I couldn't play without haptics now that I'm used to it. It's a game changer on games like Returnal or Astro.

I agree with PS5 being the best platform though, it has the best games. It seems sales agree.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I understand different opinions and I respect them, but I don’t understand the “not even close” bit. I prefer the PS5 and even I know they are very close.
I didn't mean the consoles themselves were not close as they are indeed.

I meant its not close as far as features that I prefer.

I understand many people love the dualsense features most of which I dont care for I shut off the triggers.

The 3D audio doesn't overly impress me

One game running 8k 60 is great if you are playing that game on an 8k display and are enjoying yourself.

I get all these if thats what you prefer.

I personally prefer VRR, 1440p, Quick Resume, Play Anywhere, Smart Delivery, an easier to upgrade SSD (and I have upgraded my PS5 SSD to a 2 TB 980 Pro), a superior controller in the Elite 2, auto HDR

For me, it wasn't in fact close which is the superior hardware plus to date Playstation is the superior platform and also that isn't even close as of right now

All just my opinions as I agree with the picks

Top Bottom