• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tsukihime Remake 2021 (PS4 and Switch)

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Dunno what this is, but yesterday certain imageboard was filled with this so I guess it must be big.

Anyway, glad you are happy man.

Look quite High production value for a visual Novel, but wasn't the original version an eroge? I can't see this remake to be too faithfull, then. Do anybody know if a western release Is to be expected?

killatopak

Gold Member
Will they translate and release it outside of Japan?
Almost assuredly as this is a console release.

I would have been doubtful of a translation if it was pure PC. Still PC release would have opened it for fan translation.

The question is who will make the translation cause that changes some things.

Look quite High production value for a visual Novel, but wasn't the original version an eroge? I can't see this remake to be too faithfull, then. Do anybody know if a western release Is to be expected?
It was an eroge at the time but it was such a minor thing at the end of the day. Fate/Stay Night was also an eroge but they released Realta Nua which was a PS2 rerelease without all the lewd bits. Removing the sex isn’t that big of a deal.

Last edited:
Almost assuredly as this is a console release.

I would have been doubtful of a translation if it was pure PC. Still PC release would have opened it for fan translation.

The question is who will make the translation cause that changes some things.

It was an eroge at the time but it was such a minor thing at the end of the day. Fate/Stay Night was also an eroge but they released Realta Nua which was a PS2 rerelease without all the lewd bits. Removing the sex isn’t that big of a deal.
Glad to hear this. I will try to keep an eye on this game, hoping the release It at a reasonable price

Anyway, what's the point in a remake of a VN? People who played it know the story already, which is the whole point of the game.
That's true of any remaster. Prettier graphics, story and gameplay stay the same.

I mean, it's a visual novel. It's pretty safe to assume that people who are into those kinda care about the visual aspect of it and would appreciate an update.

killatopak

Gold Member
I'm just kidding around, there's no need to get salty and take it all personal like you just did.

Anyway, what's the point in a remake of a VN? People who played it know the story already, which is the whole point of the game.
Supposedly added some previously cut content. An additional route, a redone ost and artwork. A much more cohesive story and closing up some plot holes regarding its connection to other Type-moon works. There are already changes like possible new character and plotlines in the trailer that wasn’t there in the original game.

The first Tsukime was done in 2000 long before Type Moon was big as it is. It was a 3 person indie studio just planning on releasing their game on Comiket. The writer, the artist and the music composer. Their team was barebones. Basically, you can’t buy the first game officially in any capacity as there are just limited number of copies. There are no official translation as everything surrounding Tsukihime which was the base game, Kagetsu Tohya and Meltyblood didn’t have official english releases and only had fan translations.

This is a big deal for me and probably some fans of Type-moon along with the Fate series because the characters in the game are featured in numerous Type-Moon series works such as Fate/Grand Order and Carnival Phantasm without english speaking fans knowing who they are or where they come from. An official translation would help put that to rest as that would make it more accessible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

RavageX

I thought this was an anime? I remember seeing one a long time ago with that vampire looking girl. About some guy who could see the lines/points on how to destroy anything.

killatopak

Gold Member
I thought this was an anime? I remember seeing one a long time ago with that vampire looking girl. About some guy who could see the lines/points on how to destroy anything.
The anime is very very poor adaptation of the game. Like arbitrarily adding parts like a hot spring episode where there is none in the game. Most fans choose to ignore it even exists.

And yes it is about a vampire girl and a guy who could see lines and points of death.

Top Bottom