• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tunic Review Thread

Banjo64

cumsessed
LoXyQiDl8mUqNHd7ZDgh8xdkK1gxVBdEOAJXxiF5hqEopOf3.jpg

Tunic is ranked in the 95th percentile of games scored on OpenCritic.

1CUkqcL.jpg

Unscored Reviews​

Eurogamer
Essential

Entertainium
Essential

Polygon
Unscored

Rock, Paper, Shotgun
Unscored

Scored Reviews​

VG247
5 / 5

GamingTrend
100 / 100

Game Informer
9.8 / 10

Gamepur
9.5 / 10

WayTooManyGames
9.5 / 10

Japan Curiosity
9.5 / 10

IGN
9 / 10

Destructoid
9 / 10

Hobby Consolas
90 / 100

Shacknews
9 / 10

God is a Geek
9 / 10

Windows Central
4.5 / 5

Twinfinite
4.5 / 5

TechRaptor
9 / 10

Worth Playing
9 / 10

GameSkinny
9 / 10

GameSpew
9 / 10

Checkpoint Gaming
9 / 10

MondoXbox
9 / 10

Goomba Stomp
4.5 / 5

GameBlast
9 / 10

But Why Tho?
9 / 10

The Independent
9 / 10

Cerealkillerz
8.9 / 10

Easy Allies
8 / 10

Metro GameCentral
8 / 10

Game Rant
4 / 5

Wccftech
8 / 10

GamesHub
4 / 5

GGRecon
8 / 10

IGN Italy
7.8 / 10

New Game Network
77 / 100

Spaziogames
7.5 / 10

Digital Trends
2 / 5

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Excellent review scores! solid achievement from a one man dev.
Looks like an early contender for Indie game of the year 2022.

Man, that Digital Trends review…

I know review scores are subjective and all that…but when every other reviewer talks about how the game is a joy to play and has engaging gameplay and you’re the only one going ‘slog’ and ‘dead end’….you’re probably doing something wrong.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I always wonder if outlier review scores (either really low or a perfect 10) are just a tactic to get more eyes on their site as people will often focus on the highest and lowest scores, especially when they are outliers.
You must be happy with these scores Toad, I’ve seen you mention this game a few times over the last year.

John Wick

Excellent review scores! solid achievement from a one man dev.
Looks like an early contender for Indie game of the year 2022.

Man, that Digital Trends review…

I know review scores are subjective and all that…but when every other reviewer talks about how the game is a joy to play and has engaging gameplay and you’re the only one going ‘slog’ and ‘dead end’….you’re probably doing something wrong.
It's shit like that, that screws the metacritic rating of a good quality game.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Play it on your cloud enabled device then.
Cloud enabled device is an LCD display, with an external controller needed, with the latency issues that come with Ethernetless streaming.

I’d rather just play a downloaded copy on an Oled screen with physical controls.

I don't think I expected upper 80s, but more like lower 80s. That 9.8 from Game Informer is very high.

I'm psyched! The demo was really good.

The artwork mimicing the original NES Zelda instruction booklet is the icing on the cake.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I know this is on GamePass but PLEASE consider buying this game. This is a solo (mostly) effort by one dev and it has taken them years to finish this.

They cemented their deal with Microsoft before GamePass was even a thing, who knows what their engagement stipulations (or whatever they are calling it now) are on the back end.

I threw up a giveaway for a copy of the game as well (steam code). Enjoy folks!!

*edit* I have nothing to do with this game or the developer/publisher of this game.

Last edited:

manfestival

I will be checking this out then. The review scores seem to indicate solid quality. I mean it looks just like Deaths Door and I loved that game. Granted different devs but the gameplay looks like the same kinda thing.

ZoukGalaxy

Good, I was waiting for this one.
GTH gaming pass, I want a proper physical release, not a rental.

Too bad, will PC then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Booting up now. Still says "Secret Legend" in the launcher window which was the original name of the project like 7 years ago or so :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Plantoid

After 150h of Elden ring i will be putting it aside waiting for a patch so I can dive into pvp,

Played like 30min of this game, combat is not good, but everything else is great so far, the level design is super bonkers

Well I been waiting for this one and now..When I try to install it from the Gamepass App/Xbox App it gives me the blue screen of death and restarts the computer. Tested all hardware and no problems there, and if I reboot without the ethernet cable my PC works fine..plug in the ethernet cable and it tries to redo the install through the windows services automatically and sends me right back to the BSOD. Removed my antivirus and its still happening

So now I can't even put my PC online or it tries to do this update and crashes.

Little Mac

I’m only about 20 mins in but I’m in love with this game. It has a lot of charm and brings alot of nostalgia to the table.

Last edited:
Top Bottom