• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turn-based strategy RPG, Black Legend, releases on March 25th

Bullet Club

Turn-based strategy RPG, Black Legend, releases on March 25th​

Warcave has announced that its turn-based strategy RPG, Black Legend, will release on Steam on March 25th. In addition, the team released a brand new trailer that you can find below.

In Black Legend, players will have to master tactical combat and the art of 17th century alchemy to liberate a doomed city from a bloodthirsty cult inspired by the great alchemist Mephisto.

Here are the game’s key features:
  • Explore the ruined streets of Grant, a 17th century city based on the architecture of the Low Countries of Northwestern Europe. Search every corner to discover hidden sidequests, treasure troves, and recruitable characters.
  • Fight using an alchemy system based on the old concept of Humorism. Master the four different instabilities and combine them with Catalyst Attacks to deal massive damage to enemies! Be warned, your foes will do the same to you.
  • Unlock 15 playable classes, each with unique abilities and equipment. Master and combine class abilities to become the ultimate liberator of Grant.
  • Approach battles on your own terms using free exploration before diving into tactical turn-based combat.
  • Build and customize your team using cross class abilities and discovered equipment.
  • Aid the resistance in their struggle against the Mephistian Cultists and battle beasts pulled from regional folklore.
  • Uncover the history of Mephisto, a menacing Alchemist who brewed the maddening fog clouding the city.
  • Choose Your Difficulty: For those who wish to see the story, the path can be gentle. For those who wish for difficulty, even the slightest mistake will be greatly punished.
Enjoy!

Source: DSOG

Pejo

Turn-based strategy RPG, Black Legend, releases on March 25th​

Warcave has announced that its turn-based strategy RPG, Black Legend, will release on Steam on March 25th. In addition, the team released a brand new trailer that you can find below.

In Black Legend, players will have to master tactical combat and the art of 17th century alchemy to liberate a doomed city from a bloodthirsty cult inspired by the great alchemist Mephisto.

Here are the game’s key features:
  • Explore the ruined streets of Grant, a 17th century city based on the architecture of the Low Countries of Northwestern Europe. Search every corner to discover hidden sidequests, treasure troves, and recruitable characters.
  • Fight using an alchemy system based on the old concept of Humorism. Master the four different instabilities and combine them with Catalyst Attacks to deal massive damage to enemies! Be warned, your foes will do the same to you.
  • Unlock 15 playable classes, each with unique abilities and equipment. Master and combine class abilities to become the ultimate liberator of Grant.
  • Approach battles on your own terms using free exploration before diving into tactical turn-based combat.
  • Build and customize your team using cross class abilities and discovered equipment.
  • Aid the resistance in their struggle against the Mephistian Cultists and battle beasts pulled from regional folklore.
  • Uncover the history of Mephisto, a menacing Alchemist who brewed the maddening fog clouding the city.
  • Choose Your Difficulty: For those who wish to see the story, the path can be gentle. For those who wish for difficulty, even the slightest mistake will be greatly punished.
Enjoy!

Source: DSOG

Hate it when trailers don't show any gameplay, or in this case might as well not have. I got like 7 seconds of player/enemy units throwing bombs at each other and stabbing with a sword.

I'll look up a gameplay vid, but I like the setting at least.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Hate it when trailers don't show any gameplay, or in this case might as well not have. I got like 7 seconds of player/enemy units throwing bombs at each other and stabbing with a sword.

I'll look up a gameplay vid, but I like the setting at least.
PR People still don't exactly know how to market this genre.

Gandih42

Looks interesting. I still don't quite feel like it has any particular element that really sells it, but I'd be down to give it a try if it makes strong impressions on release. Always glad to see this type of game being made.

nkarafo

A game with "Black" in the title and no black protagonist in it?

This is not going to end well for them.

Top Bottom