• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turn Into a PNG in This Valorant-Style 2D+3D Anime Shooter Game

If regular run-of-the-mill shooter games just don't do it for you anymore and you're craving some new and unique mechanics to spice up the familiar gameplay, then we've got a game just for you. Meet Strinova, an upcoming Valorant-style third-person tactical competitive shooter developed by iDreamSky, where you can turn your character into a PNG to dodge your enemies' fire and enter parts of the playable map that are inaccessible in the 3D form.

Described as a multi-dimensional shooter, Strinova allows players to shift freely between 2D and 3D forms, with each form opening up completely different routes and gameplay approaches, resulting in a truly unique and incredibly fun experience. To accompany the mechanic, the game features multilayered maps, tactical skill operations, and a variety of useable devices, forming a unique team combat system that best suits the 2D+3D gameplay.
667bbdbd3b332.gif

"Various maps bring forth numerous game modes, including Demolition and Scrimmage; more and more maps and game modes will be added in the future," reads the game's description. "Unique skills and firearms make every Superstring irreplaceable. Whether you are an attacker breaking through enemy lines or a guardian protecting your teammates, you will find your place to shine."
667bbdfaa0e31.gif

Until the end of this week, Strinova is available in closed beta only, with the game's official release day remaining undisclosed. You can participate in the beta by visiting the game's official Steam page.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What if I want to be a JPG or GIF?

That's a pretty weird looking mechanic yet it's a neat idea, and I would love some anime flavors in the hero-shooter genre.

The side-step walking animation when in paper mode is creeping me out though, triggering some slenderman-ish fears.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Here is a better video showcasing gameplay looks unique and fun I’ll give it a go and the fact that they have a faction called PUS is crazy! lol

Hudo

Gold Member
Just to spite Riot Games and Valve, I hope that this game steals the playerbase from both Valorant and the upcoming Deadlock.

Top Bottom