• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turns out the Nier: Automata secret church was a mod all along

Draugoth

Gold Member

We have a conclusion! The secret church in Nier: Automata that's been puzzling players all week has been confirmed to be a mod.

Earlier today, reddit user sadfutago - behind all the videos so far - posted a link to a Twitch stream that revealed all behind the previously unseen secret church area and its use of Nier: Replicant assets.

The stream showed various assets from the game and the secret church area, before admitting all was done through an in-game mod, which will be made available publicly. The VOD wasn't saved but you can still watch clips of the broadcast.

The team also offered individual statements.

The new Blender addons and scripting tools will be released "over the following days" completely open source.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Bored Emma Stone GIF

NinjaBoiX

Was there seriously anyone out there who didn't think it was either fake or a mod...? Crazy if so.
I didn’t?

I’m not familiar at all with the game, and I had no reason to believe it wasn’t real. It’s not like they were pretending there was a racing game hidden in there or something, it was entirely plausible.

Last edited:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
People suspected this immediately - I'm not sure if it got any more traction this way than it would have if someone had just come out and said they have been working on a cool new mod.

Instead we've had a couple of days of someone roleplaying as educationally sub-normal for no real reason.

Aion002

So they lie and then pat themselves on the back for "inspiring" the people that fell for it.

You Are Amazing Love It GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Last edited:

Shifty1897

I never believed it was an unfound secret or unused asset, the game was datamined years ago. I sort of hoped it was some crazy Yoko Taro shit that was meant to be included in the Switch version as extra content.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
crazy, it was kind of convincing too
then again, if no one was able to find it for 5 years then this player had some strange things going on with their copy of the game

Valonquar

Now watch Yoki Taro patch the game and add a room there that just has a random character from Drakkenguard lying there dead.

Top Bottom