• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

TV Shows You've Watched Lately |OT| - 2021

• Thread starter Sidney Prescott
  • Start date

CrankyJay™

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished my third viewing of The Sopranos, I’m still catching new shit.

Also just finished Hawkeye over the holidays.

Finished Cobra Kai season 4. Amazing that a show can be so shitty and good at the same time. Overall it was a much better season than last in my opinion.

MastAndo

Oct 13, 2014
Started The Expanse a couple of weeks ago and have binge watched all the way up to season 6 already. I should say re-started, since it took a few tries for it to stick. I can't for the life of me figure out why, since I do love me some sci-fi. I know it's blasphemous among most fans, but I think it was Avasarala that initially put me off. That gravely voice and just the whole cadence of how she delivers her lines, running out of breath before eking out the last few words - yeah, it doesn't do it for me. In my constant quest for validation, I often search the internet for opinions from like-minded people, and those nerds on Reddit basically nut themselves over her. To me, it's like if a cigarette could talk.

Either way, terrific show, I think I would slot it into one of my top 10 all-time favorites.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Nov 13, 2013
Started The Expanse a couple of weeks ago and have binge watched all the way up to season 6 already. I should say re-started, since it took a few tries for it to stick. I can't for the life of me figure out why, since I do love me some sci-fi. I know it's blasphemous among most fans, but I think it was Avasarala that initially put me off. That gravely voice and just the whole cadence of how she delivers her lines, running out of breath before eking out the last few words - yeah, it doesn't do it for me. In my constant quest for validation, I often search the internet for opinions from like-minded people, and those nerds on Reddit basically nut themselves over her. To me, it's like if a cigarette could talk.

Either way, terrific show, I think I would slot it into one of my top 10 all-time favorites.
I started it recently too and did the exact same thing. Hopefully will stick with it this time.

Reactions: MastAndo

Raven117

Oct 5, 2015
Rosamund Pike is great. Definitely saves the show. She's also the producer though, so I wonder how much of the mess is her fault.

Daniel Henney is pretty good too. The rest... at best meh.
There are like a zillion producers on the show, so I don't know.

It could have easily been the adventures of Moiraine and Lan and been a wonderful show. The other characters were fine....Some episodes were way stronger than others. I am looking forward to the next season, just not with baited breath.

Reactions: Tams

Portugeezer

Dec 11, 2008
London
abload.de
Rosamund Pike is great. Definitely saves the show. She's also the producer though, so I wonder how much of the mess is her fault.

Daniel Henney is pretty good too. The rest... at best meh.
Rosamund Pike is brilliant in the show. I enjoyed wheel of time a lot, definitely due to her fineness.

Reactions: Tams

Tams

I like Avasarala, but yeah her voice is a bit off-putting.

But really the whole Nagata family storyline is the most annoying thing.

Reactions: MastAndo

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Jan 30, 2010
https://twitter.com/Agnates
metacouncil.com
So apparently S06E06 of The Expanse is the final of the series from what ppl say. I really liked most seasons, it's an awesome sci fi show like BSG minus the shit that became by the end but, I'd never guess that's the last we'll get, there are things introduced in the season that go completely unresolved, it's more like a cliff hanger for what comes next, I don't understand, it feels like any other season that would go on to continue the story, nothing hints at the end of anything.
Like the ships getting lost through the gates, was that really introduced only to get them to clevery kill Inaros through that or what? And what's going on with the kid resurrected and seeing shit like protomolecule vision or what's being created above the planet's sky again presumably by the protomolecule?

Mar 3, 2020
Euphoria. Got off to a bloody start. Was a bit confusing, HBO took so long to make it I feel I need to rewatch season 1 again.

Toast of Tinsletown. Britain's worst actor makes a welcome return, this time to the US.

Zoom GIF

Last edited:

Durien

Sep 13, 2020
I binged Community, Scrubs, and now I am watching Cougar Town. It cracks me up to see the people from scrubs aying different (yet similar characters) I watched the first couple of seasons of Scrubs way back when but after binge watching it the last week, IMHO, it is a really well written show. I think it works because it seems like the cast has chemistry. I also think they balance tragedy and comedy fairly well. The 3 shows are fairly formulaic but I still dig it.

Reactions: BadBurger
Mar 28, 2021
Rewatching Black Mirror. god I miss this show. the last season wasn’t that great but the rest are amazing. I hope we get a sixth season.