• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Tweaktown] Outriders didn't turn profit as of December 31st 2021

sachos

Maan, i always feel bad for devs that announce gaas type games, its like 90% chance they will fail. I wonder how much profit they would have made if instead just focused on doing a cool 10-15hr single player game, the characters and powers seemed cool enough.

Allandor

Probably shouldn't have launched on game pass unless ms was willing to cover the full Dev cost.

The game would have sold decently well on pc and Xbox without gamepass.
???
It already sold well, even on xbox. It was in the top 10 in the US. Problem with the game on gamepass was more, that the game shipped in an not so interesting state. Also, after a while they released a patch (also with new content) which made the game unusable in the windows store version (e.g. through pc gamepass) until a new patch arrived.
Yes I played it, but I would never have bought it, so at least they got a bit money through my gamepass subscription (however their contract look like).

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Let me get this straight.
The game, which has 120m ps4+ whatever ps5 has, 120m steam managed to not make a profit.
And this is gamepass fault?
Do people expect MS to cover all copies on all system?

The game was shit. PS and steam users didn't want buy it, because of that.
Hell, the game's launch didn't help the outlook of the game. Always online, with the servers getting crashed, and people unable to log in to the game.

Without gamepass, that game wouldn't have seen a dlc, and would have been dead by now due to these issues.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The game, which has 120m ps4+ whatever ps5 has, 120m steam managed to not make a profit.

tumblr_inline_p1brmcd9Dk1rr08jv_500.jpg

PS. Welcome back kingfey kingfey

Hope your exams went well.

The game was shit. PS and steam users didn't want buy it, because of that.
Hell, the game's launch didn't help the outlook of the game. Always online, with the servers getting crashed, and people unable to log in to the game.

Without gamepass, that game wouldn't have seen a dlc, and would have been dead by now due to these issues.
Poop Toilet GIF

In another thread you spread crap that because of GP it made profit.
Xbox gamepass money+ Xbox game sales+other platform sales.
That is how publishers make money.

Marvel avengers didn't make money, while outriders made money.

Top Bottom