• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me Criterion edition announced!

898_BD_box_348x490_original.jpg

YOOOOOOOOOO
DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION:

• Restored 4K digital transfer, supervised by director David Lynch
• 7.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray, supervised by Lynch
• Alternate original 2.0 surround soundtrack, presented in DTS-HD Master Audio on the Blu-ray
• The Missing Pieces, ninety minutes of deleted and alternate takes from the film, assembled by Lynch
• New interview with actor Sheryl Lee
• Interviews from 2014 by Lynch with actors Lee, Ray Wise, and Grace Zabriskie
• More!
• PLUS: An interview with Lynch from the 2005 edition of filmmaker and writer Chris Rodley’s book Lynch on Lynch

Chris R

Why even mention 4k digital transfer when it isn't a 4k UHD release :<

It's like "buy this one for all the neat features" then having to buy the movie again down the road whenver a 4k release comes out.

The entire month is great! Barry Lyndon, Othello, and so on.

Othello is in September! These are the October titles besides Twin Peaks

Personal Shopper
Barry Lyndon
The Lure

Fire Walk With Me was the last thing I would have imagined to have a Criterion edition so that's pretty fucking cool.
Where are we getting that it includes a cut with the Missing Pieces integrated into the film?

I think it's just the same as what came in the entire mystery box set

Yeah maybe in my excitement I misread. It would be missed potential if that didn't happen but we'll see.

Courage

I'm going through the series right now so I'll be watching this soon. Are the missing pieces embedded within the film the superior way to watch this? Or better as supplemental material? I find conflicting opinions online.

I'm going through the series right now so I'll be watching this soon. Are the missing pieces embedded within the film the superior way to watch this? Or better as supplemental material? I find conflicting opinions online.

It has always been a separate thing to my knowledge.

Scavenger

I'm interested in the lossless Dolby Stereo track and The Missing Pieces without audio sync issues, but if it has bad compression I won't buy it.

Cheebo

Banned
It's it's own thing, its own sort of mini movie. The order to watch is

Season 1
Season 2
Fire Walk With Me
The Missing Pieces
Season 3

It is the Dougie Jones approved viewing order
coopertie.jpg

Dead

well not really...yet
Woulda been a cool opportunity to put together an extended cut with the missing pieces. Unless the picture quality is just that much worse than the main film?

Cheebo

Banned
Woulda been a cool opportunity to put together an extended cut with the missing pieces. Unless the picture quality is just that much worse than the main film?
It's not. It is fully restored and edited. Missing pieces is basically it's own film.

Lynch is not a fan of extended cuts/non-Theatrical cuts so the only edits of them together are fan edits.

Shauni

Kind of lame they just went with the original DVD cover. Figured some artist would have loved to some cool painting for it or something, but probably this is what Lynch wanted.

Also, I had thought Barry Lyndon was released through Criterion a long time ago.

Top Bottom