• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might have been a sleeper-cell code word that would trigger her to try to kill Gordon and Albert. And the consequence of activating that kind of programming meant (inadvertently?) awakening Diane to the fact that she isn't real.
This is how I took it. It looked like she was fighting a compulsion.

any thoughts on why the whole ":) ALL" was so troubling to Diane? She had a very strong emotional response to the text. I'm thinking if she was just an evil doppleganger like Mr. C she wouldn't have any issue with shooting the FBI crew. She also couldn't have possibly thought she could out duel 3 FBI agents with a little pistol right?

didn't she say something like, "I hope this works..." right before entering the hotel room?

She wasn't an evil doppelgänger. She was manufactured by Mr. C. There's a difference there (I think).

any thoughts on why the whole ":) ALL" was so troubling to Diane? She had a very strong emotional response to the text. I'm thinking if she was just an evil doppleganger like Mr. C she wouldn't have any issue with shooting the FBI crew. She also couldn't have possibly thought she could out duel 3 FBI agents with a little pistol right?

didn't she say something like, "I hope this works..." right before entering the hotel room?

She is clearly not cut from the same evil cloth as Mr. C.

Tulpas appear to be based on their original counterparts. For example, Dougie was a douche, because he was based off Mr. C, not Cooper. FakeDiane was obviously based off the real one, who experienced severe trauma before her tulpa was created and also bore an affinity for the FBI crew.

I also think in this scene you're seeing someone suffering from PTSD (the memory of the rape) and an existential crisis, possibly from becoming aware she's not real while so being forced to kill by Mr. C.

What an episode. I will be so sad when this is all over.

I don't think Audrey is going to be the "dreamer" or that this has all been in her head. Lynch often sets something up only to defy expectations, at least in execution. There's definitely something to the whole dreamer question and the glitches we have seen, but I doubt that we'll be given a neat answer to this. Partially because Lynch doesn't have one, as it might be a question he thinks about in reality. Some things are unanswerable, and Lynch loves the idea of making you ponder an idea for a while instead of resolving it and then forgetting about it the next day.

120v

she said that after she texted him a bunch of digits... which i assumed to be coordinates?

since she's a tulpa a la Dougie (as opposed to a doppleganger, if i understand correct) she was probably a never full-on "evil diane" despite working for mr. c in some capacity

Blader

she said that after she texted him a bunch of digits... which i assumed to be coordinates?

since she's a tulpa a la Dougie (as opposed to a doppleganger, if i understand correct) she was probably a never full-on "evil diane" despite working for mr. c in some capacity

I think 'tuplas' and 'doppelgangers' are effectively the same thing, but it's probably worth using both names just to differentiate between the evil versions created by the Black Lodge (Coop's Doppelganger, The Arm's doppelganger) and the relatively more normal versions created by the golden seeds (Diane, Dougie).

brinstar

KIDS-UH?! has gotta be my favorite joke on this show. My friends and I have been repeating it. While playing Splatoon the other day we were like SQUIDS-UH?!

Chitown B

So at first here's what I thought happened:

She is in on the screwing of Bad Coop and is shocked he's still alive. The text means "ha ha you all who tried to kill me, I'm still here" Then she sends the numbers to somehow harm him. She went to tell them what she remembered happened with Bad Coop and was going to help them.

What really happened:

She sees the message and it jolts her to action and then she remembered the final two digits of the numbers on the arm. Sends them to him and then goes to kill them "ALL". Her story is a result of her tulpa coming to the end of its usefulness, and she gets a rush of things that happened to lead to her creation. She sees the text again and realizes she's a tulpa. She suddenly channels Naido in the sheriff's cell and translates her language. (maybe it's Diane's original body). She pulls out the gun to kill herself or them - just something to end it all.

She's a tulpa. She knows it. Fuck you.

Slaythe

I wonder if the tulpas being the same except for the hair is their way to make the entire Madison thing less stupid.

Also was the name tulpa mentioned in the show or a book ?

Linkin112

My Top 3 are:

|OT2| It's Just A Change, Not An End
|OT2| I Am The FBI
|OT2| I need you to make another one

Though that's just me preferring newer references than going back to ones from the first few episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom