• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter “insider” exposed by Sony Santa Monica

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
No, like most ‘insiders’ she got one thing right, which was wolverine before last years showcase and has been shooting airballs ever since
And there were "reasons" she got that one right

suck my dick wwe GIF

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Doesn't she get most stuff right though? I would need to have more than just this to conclude her info is not reliable.

Nah man she's been a fraud and gets credit for stating the obvious. "Ragnarok broke sales record" "Corporate couldn't believe how impressive Spider-Man 2 looked". It's nice to see developers deliver first hand smackdowns to these clowns.

Edit - How could I forget this recent beauty:

What a joke.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
No, like most ‘insiders’ she got one thing right, which was wolverine before last years showcase and has been shooting airballs ever since

Seems like there was something else. I remember making jokes about her being Jim Ryan's girlfriend.

Seth Meyers Whatever GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Nah man she's been a fraud and gets credit for stating the obvious. "Ragnarok broke sales record" "Corporate couldn't believe how impressive Spider-Man 2 looked". It's nice to see developers deliver first hand smackdowns to these clowns.

Ah.....ok. Shows you how much I keep up with Twitter "insiders" I guess.

See Ya Reaction GIF by Travis

Last edited:

Elios83

It was obvious she/he/whoever is behind the account didn't know anything. Just speculations.
It's good if all these people get immediatly exposed.

Insiders are oasis in the post covid era of game reveals...I don't mind them. At worse they cause good information. At best they put pressure on god awful silence and scattered events.

DaGwaphics

I'm going to have to start posting on Twitter and really post some Nostradamus level stuff on there to see if I can get internet famous.

Got a few picked out already:

For Xbox's next e3 style event: MS to reveal several titles that will launch on GP.

Next Sony event: Sony to showcase a big budget 3rd person game at next event.

Game Awards: Unexpected win surprises dev, you'll never guess who.

mdkirby

The problem is it’d be ridiculously easy to be a fake insider if you are even tangentially connected to the industry. Hell I could fake it. I did a games degree 20 years ago with the intent to go into the industry, and set up a business instead. Many of my friends went into the industry and many of the companies around us were games companies. A lot of them are now somewhat high up in well known game companies.

Practically nobody talks about stuff they aren’t supposed to, but occasionally little things may slip. Or friends of friends may be more open to a non industry friend.

If u were an exploitative dick, it would be relatively easy to over several months, with a bit of probing on drunken nights out to pick up on 2 or 3 nuggets you could drop. Timed well, that would be all that’s needed to establish supposed credibility. Getting consistent, real and interesting information wouldn’t be remotely sustainable, and attempts to do so very risky. But it wouldn’t matter, as you could just coast on completely made up bullshit for ages after those initially credible info drops.

I’m pretty convinced the vast majority of these fake insiders do exactly that.

I'm going to have to start posting on Twitter and really post some Nostradamus level stuff on there to see if I can get internet famous.

Got a few picked out already:

For Xbox's next e3 style event: MS to reveal several titles that will launch on GP.

Next Sony event: Sony to showcase a big budget 3rd person game at next event.

Game Awards: Unexpected win surprises dev, you'll never guess who.

The easiest way to do it is start a new account and just say tweet a bunch of likely scenarios, after the showcase delete all the stuff that doesn’t happen and keep the stuff you guessed right. From that point on you’re a twitter insider

Top Bottom