• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter Assholes Harassing Sony Santa Monica Employees with Unsolicited Penis Pictures

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

god-of-war-ragnarok-ps5-playstation-5-ps4-1.900x.jpg

God of War Ragnarok was allegedly due to be dated today, but Sony delayed the announcement for reasons we’ll probably never publicly know. The likelihood is that it’s down to logistics involving pre-orders, but that’s pure speculation on our part.
As anticipation reaches fever pitch, however, fans are taking their enthusiasm to disgusting new lows.

Estelle Tigani – a cinematics producer on the sequel – noted on Twitter that she’d received harassment in the form of unsolicited penis pictures, which so-called fans were sending in “exchange” for more information on the game. “To the people who are doing [this],” she asked, “when did that ever work for you?” It’s certainly unsavoury behaviour.

Sony Santa Monica’s Cory Barlog has since weighed in on the subject: “I cannot believe I even have to say this but don’t f*cking send d*ck pics to anyone on this team, or anyone in this industry for that matter. They are busting their ass to make some[thing] for you to enjoy. Show some f*cking respect.”

thats a penis GIF

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lol. Gotta love this marketing trend of keeping everything super secret blowing up in their face. Sony clearly has a gag order on Barlog who knows if the game will release this year but cant say shit because of Sonys marketing campaign. And now their employees are getting the brunt of the backlash while the faceless marketing suits hide behind their cushy desks.

P.S Twitter was a mistake. Try facebook and limit to friends if you dont want to receive dick pics.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
lol. Gotta love this marketing trend of keeping everything super secret blowing up in their face. Sony clearly has a gag order on Barlog who knows if the game will release this year but cant say shit because of Sonys marketing campaign. And now their employees are getting the brunt of the backlash while the faceless marketing suits hide behind their cushy desks.

P.S Twitter was a mistake. Try facebook and limit to friends if you dont want to receive dick pics.

Hopefully it continues to blowup in their faces, i hate this tactic and don't understand why they keep doing it so much now.

I have a feeling that Ed Boon with NRS is going through similar bullshit over there. He retweeted a reply from Cory about being able to reveal things. You just KNOW with all this SF6 info all over the place the last month that Boon is dying to show what they've been doing.

Tweet from Ed Boon

Last edited:

Zephir

Is GOW Ragnarok even worthy of all this? The first game was great, of course, but based on what was shown so far, it looks like it'll play exactly the same, with just a new plot and some small gameplay extras.

It might end up being an "upgrade" just as much as Forbidden West was to Zero Dawn

Last edited:
Top Bottom