• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter Death Watch |OT| How long until the bird dies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Yeah, one of the possible implications is that Elon struck a nerve with his ranting and Tim needs to smooth things over with him. Despite what Elon said about app stores, it's in his best interest for Twitter to be on it and it's in Tim's best interest to not have Elon using his microphone to rile up politicians.
Why would Apple/Cook, as a client who had their contract details publicly outed by a service they pay for (advertising), and then accusations against them as a business partner aired publicly w/o apparently the CEO even understanding what was going on... be the one having to smooth things over with Twitter/Musk?

You guys are reading strange things into Musk essentially walking back what he said and claiming he's having good talks with Apple. Yesterday he was bashing them and accusing them of things lol Dude is acting like a lunatic in business sense.

Last edited:

Vestal

Gold Member
Why would Apple/Cook, as a client who had their contract details publicly outed by a service they pay for (advertising), and then accusations against them as a business partner aired publicly w/o apparently the CEO even understanding what was going on... be the one having to smooth things over with Twitter/Musk?
The Office Thank You GIF

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

You guys are reading strange things into Musk essentially walking back what he said and claiming he's having good talks with Apple. Yesterday he was bashing them and accusing them of things lol Dude is acting like a lunatic in business sense.
To stop the 30% war. Probably more cost effective than going to court again. Maybe to establish dominance?

Because if a congressperson decides to really dig into app stores and start making real noise Apple is going to lose hundreds of billions of dollars of market cap and billions a year in revenue? I'm not saying that Musk has special powers here I'm just saying Tim needs to get Musk to shut the hell up about it.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Because if a congressperson decides to really dig into app stores and start making real noise Apple is going to lose hundreds of billions of dollars of market cap and billions a year in revenue? I'm not saying that Musk has special powers here I'm just saying Tim needs to get Musk to shut the hell up about it.
Just a wording thing for me I guess then... Apple didn't do shit to Musk and has nothing to smooth over with him... they did have a problem to solve though.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

I guess some don't realize that the power dynamic in that relationship is entirely in Apple's favor. Cook is a good businessman and gracious, which is why he didn't reply in a public forum and rather had a proper discussion with Elon. They still reduced ad spending and their Twitter account remains "quiet quitted". Apple will still pull the app if they aren't satisfied with changes. All companies get plenty of warnings before that happens. Such interactions have been shared plenty of times in the past.

Just a wording thing for me I guess then... Apple didn't do shit to Musk and has nothing to smooth over with him... they did have a problem to solve though.
Yeah maybe that wasn't the right word to use but I think we are on the same page. You are right that Apple doesn't owe Musk anything, and yes there is a problem for them to solve. But sometimes even the side that owes nothing has to give an inch and do their part to fix it, especially when it comes to business.

akimbo009

Gold Member
Yeah maybe that wasn't the right word to use but I think we are on the same page. You are right that Apple doesn't owe Musk anything, and yes there is a problem for them to solve. But sometimes even the side that owes nothing has to give an inch and do their part to fix it, especially when it comes to business.

What problem does Apple have to solve for Twitter? I'm confused.

What problem does Apple have to solve for Twitter? I'm confused.
I guess maybe it's not a problem problem, Jesus I can't express thoughts tonight lol. Just that even though it's possible Apple did absolutely nothing and Musk is making shit up, they cant really tell him to fuck off because he made a mess and managed to get Congress looking into app stores simply by tweeting. So Tim has to have a nice chat with him to make sure he stops. At least that's how I would see it, because otherwise why would he invite him personally on campus.

akimbo009

Gold Member
I guess maybe it's not a problem problem, Jesus I can't express thoughts tonight lol. Just that even though it's possible Apple did absolutely nothing and Musk is making shit up, they cant really tell him to fuck off because he made a mess and managed to get Congress looking into app stores simply by tweeting. So Tim has to have a nice chat with him to make sure he stops. At least that's how I would see it, because otherwise why would he invite him personally on campus.

Fine.. but Epic Games just forced this discussion in court around App store moderation, etc. So not sure Apple has much to concern itself because of Musk's public rambles. Maybe a "tone it down, my lawyers will kick your lawyers ass" discussion but not entirely sure what really happened there - just more chaosball from Musk. It'll get tiring, and then things won't go well. He should just stop (and I'm ok if he doesn't of that results in the nuking of Twitter cause that's a good motive for me to have :) ).

Toons

Banned
Most people who supported him did until he displayed "wrong think."

Im sure. Me personally Ive thought he was a clown for years. Remember when he named his kid... whatever the heck that was supposed to be?

I've never hated the guy and I still don't, but I DO think he's a clown lol, he's come some decent memes sometimes

I see a lot of buttmad posts on this page. It's amusing that Elon has enough clout that he can just post a few angry tweets and get a meeting with Tim Apple the next day. None of you will ever have anything resembling that kind of influence and power.

Today's reminder that Elon Musk is better than you.

Toons

Banned
So lemme get this straight Elon went on a day long twitter rant against a corporation up to the pointing of openly considering entering the cell phone industry to combat what he claimed were threats of apple banning them, then claims that what he was complaining about never existed after one meeting?

And people are buying this?

At this point Elon could tweet tomorrow "And thus concludes my lil social experiment!! Thats right folks I was never buying twitter zi just made a bet with the owner to see what would happen if I became CEO for a few weeks, carry on your business as usual, peace!"

And a few of the folks here would totally buy

Last edited:

Toons

Banned
I see a lot of buttmad posts on this page. It's amusing that Elon has enough clout that he can just post a few angry tweets and get a meeting with Tim Apple the next day. None of you will ever have anything resembling that kind of influence and power.

Today's reminder that Elon Musk is better than you.

Tim giving Elon a stern talking to at his own headquarters because Elon screwed up so badly and so publicly that he wss about to burn millions of dollars is a pretty hard thing(heh) to twist into a Musk dickriding opportunity but you definitely went for it. That's almost impressive... I guess.

I'll take not having to be scolded by Tim Cook as a personal W in kind, thank you.

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

The meeting with Tim also gives off the impression of wellness check on Musk from the mood softening. The questions Cook must be getting about Elon's condition would be as good as the answers.

i dont really have a problem with twitter but i finally made a mastodon account mostly out of curiosity since it seems like a lot of people are going there.

if twitter is really going down the shitter then Mastodon is the place to go but it seems like none of the people i follow have moved there yet. i'm following 4 accounts which i followed just so my feed isn't empty :messenger_tears_of_joy:. i'll probably log in now and then to see what's going on but can't see it replacing twitter for me just yet!

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Might be something to that idea that the mass firings in Europe aren’t going to go over well upon litigation there

This is the stuff I seriously don't understand how he's fucked it up so much. Put aside all the culture war and political stuff for a moment, and just look at this objectively, and it's baffling how someone can screw this type of stuff up so badly. It's basic company management.

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

Let the impotent seething continue.

Impotent seething? You're seeing something that isn't there. Maybe your own? This news confirmed what I said about Musk behaving irrationally and overreacting to imaginary things. Re:suicide of civilization. Questions about his current mental health and decision making are valid and Cook had recent contact.

Musk was held hostage by his own employees
They didn't take away his phone, maybe they didn't find the brain chip.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Im sure. Me personally Ive thought he was a clown for years. Remember when he named his kid... whatever the heck that was supposed to be?

I've never hated the guy and I still don't, but I DO think he's a clown lol, he's come some decent memes sometimes
That's why I chuckle when people act emotionally 'surprised' by his antics. Selectively, of course.

At this point Elon could tweet tomorrow "And thus concludes my lil social experiment!! Thats right folks I was never buying twitter zi just made a bet with the owner to see what would happen if I became CEO for a few weeks, carry on your business as usual, peace!"

And a few of the folks here would totally buy
IDK, this was just a "pump and dump" after all. 🤭

Last edited:
Impotent seething? You're seeing something that isn't there. Maybe your own? This news confirmed what I said about Musk behaving irrationally and overreacting to imaginary things. Re:suicide of civilization. Questions about his current mental health and decision making are valid and Cook had recent contact.

They didn't take away his phone, maybe they didn't find the brain chip.

So much unfounded projection and wishful thinking.

You seem really emotionally invested in this…

Well, unlike you I do care about free speech and fair representation.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I do too. Which is why I don’t think someone’s business should be forced to host speech they disagree with. Or, I do think people should be free to buy a business and loosen up the rules as Musk has been trying to do. I’m just poppin more corn and enjoying the ride over here.

There are several that are. Down to their own emotionally damaged projections. Now, now... you're more level headed than to single just one man out on this page alone.
Eh I don’t see anyone going so hard to bat for anything as much as our friend over here, but whatevs no need to harp on anyone too hard.

I’m here for the lulz.

vwEYPFl.png

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

So much unfounded projection and wishful thinking.

That's what was proven by Musk believing Apple was a gonna cancel him because he sees cancelling everywhere. He projected delusion into that situation and it may be connected to his mind virus insanity and wishful thinking of playing the hero.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I do too. Which is why I don’t think someone’s business should be forced to host speech they disagree with. Or, be free to buy a business and loosen up the rules as Musk has been trying to do. I’m just poppin more corn and enjoying the ride over here.

Eh I don’t see anyone going so hard to bat for anything as much as our friend over here, but whatevs no need to harp on anyone too hard.

I’m here for the lulz.

vwEYPFl.png
No, there are those who act like they don't give a shit, but are just as emotionally invested to go hard in the paint in attempts to dunk their intellectual Wheaties for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And yes, lulz are always good, when lulzy.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Excellent journalism by insiders yet again

Edit: actually now that I think about it, wasn't it Elon himself that said they were removing it? Every article has quotes from "experts" coming up with lots of rationale why it will happen, but I think Elon first said something. Wonder where he heard from.

He never considered doing so? Then what was this all about?

Did Musk really go on a day long tantrum attacking Apple over a misunderstanding or something? Or did Musk make it up to drum up support? 🤣

This is hilarious. The man is literally delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom