• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter Rumor: Resident Evil 9 Finally Set to Bring Back Jill Valentine?

Airbus Jr

Banned
RESIDENT EVIL 9 FINALLY SET TO BRING BACK JILL VALENTINE

te1cGIi.jpg

CAPCOM

Where there's a Jill, there's a way. With Capcom giving us a taste of the old and a dash of the new, Resident Evil Village brought together two eras of the long-running zombie shooter continued the Winters trilogy and gave fan-favourite Chris Redfield plenty to do.

While we already know developers cut plans for Ada Wong to appear as a haunting plague doctor, another of the game's few criticisms is that more familiar faces didn't pop up.
After sitting out the past few games, there are now wild rumours that Jill Valentine will get her time to shine in Resident Evil 9.
ADVERTISEMENT

IS JILL VALENTINE COMING TO RESIDENT EVIL 9?​

Prominent Resident Evil leaker Dusk Golem claims Jill Valentine will have a major role in the upcoming Resident Evil 9. The problem is, the leaker isn't 100% sure because they don't know whether the notes in question refer to the mythical Resident Evil Outrage.

For those who've kept up with the sprawling tangents of the franchise, Outrage started out life as Resident Evil Revelations 3. When we first covered news of Outrage, it was suggested returning Resi favourite Rebecca Chambers would take the lead. This could add further fuel to the fire that Jill is being prepped for a main series game instead.

If Jill is in RE9, it would presumably put her in her 50s - which is much older than we're used to playing her as. Then again, if we got to control an older Chris Redfield for a brief snippet of Village, why should a little age get in the way of Jill kicking zombie ass all over again? Remembering the next chapter will apparently round off the latest trilogy, there would be a sense of justice if the long-abandoned Jill got her time to shine again.

WHERE DID RESIDENT EVIL LAST LEAVE JILL VALENTINE?​

As the OG heroine, Jill first pulled her pistol in 1996's Resident Evil as part of the S.T.A.R.S. team alpha. After surviving the Spencer Mansion, she went on to lead the pack in 1999's Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. From there on out, Jill gets lost in the typically convoluted timeline of Resi events, explored a Mediterranean ghost ship, tackled Albert Wesker out of a window, was declared dead, and was later revealed as a mind-controlled puppet of Wesker in Resident Evil 5.
Jill's story hasn't been picked up since, meaning there are plenty of gaps to fill. Just like a rugged Chris Redfield returned for Village, we guess a battle-scarred Jill is still fighting the various Umbrella spinoffs and their genetic experimentations. Although Wesker is seemingly dead in the official canon, Jill's MIA status means she'd be primed for a Resident Evil 9 reprieve. To be honest, we're also hoping Wesker somehow comes back.

This being Resident Evil, everything should be taken with a massive pinch of salt. Despite a massive data leak last year that teased both Outrage and an official Resident Evil 4 remaster, none of these have come to fruition yet. With things dying down on Village until the first DLC is revealed, we'll have to keep an eye out for even a hint that Ms. Valentine is loading up her pistols for another round.

VN1X

Banned
Stop shouting.

EDIT: See was that so hard? Thanks for the change in thread title that now more accurately reflects the rumour, rather than the clickbait nonsense it was before.

Last edited:
Does Jill still have her superhuman abilities? I never played 5.
I could be wrong but I don’t think she got superhuman abilities per se, maybe just got slightly enhanced agility. Chris and Sheva can still physically overpower her in 5, she’s just wicked fast and agile.

Though I would like to see dodging from 3 return along with some kicking moves if Jill is a main character.

Mister Wolf

No. They removed the mind controlling device. They should ignore it tbh and move on from 3.

A mind controlling device was giving her powers? I thought it was because she got infected like Wesker, Sherry, and Alexia Ashford. Essentially becoming a mutant. Her hair even changes color.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

A mind controlling device was giving her powers? I thought it was because she got infected like Wesker, Sherry, and Alexia Ashford. Essentially becoming a mutant.

I don't know. Apparently she was immune or something, so he put a device on her that constantly injected her so that the enhancement could persist. She was mind controlled with it, as she said she was aware of her actions but couldn't stop it. Untill they detach that thing.

But honestly that shit could be retconned and I wouldn't mind it if they do.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I don't think it would have any fucking different. Those who think the main characters from the old cast are enought to make a good game are only fooling themselves.

It could be anything really, fps, puzzle game, rail shooter...RE is a lost case to me. Also, nice work not touching the rumor aspect of the thread.

Last edited:
I hope RE9 is a true
survival horror back to its roots with chris and jill. However, i believe Leon needs to be introduced in this new series.

Reizo Ryuu

A mind controlling device was giving her powers? I thought it was because she got infected like Wesker, Sherry, and Alexia Ashford. Essentially becoming a mutant. Her hair even changes color.
Jill is completely immune to progenitor viruses, if an attempt is made to infect her with a strain of progenitor, her body will just immediately reject it and produce anti-bodies.

The device gave her powers, not because of the "mind control" aspect, but because of a drug wesker/excella made to produce super soldiers.
The drug burns through the effects pretty quickly so the device on jill's chest would inject her with the drug when needed.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
If there using Jill then the camera needs to be 3rd person at a low angle, otherwise having her is pointless.

If it's first person I can think of a much better character... one where crafting gun parts out of materials in the middle of no where would make a little more sense... a weapons expert who's prior role involved customising and maintaining the teams weapons... who was it again? The name escapes me but it began with a B.

Last edited:

th4tguy

I'm grateful for what 7 and 8 have done for the series. I enjoy them and see their benefits.
However, I just prefer the style of 3rd person RE games. After playing RE2 remake, it just drives home even more how much more I like them. I see no reason that either 7 or 8 couldn't have implemented a 3rd person mode.
I hope 9 either switches back to a style more akin to RE2 remake or allows for the choice of switching between the two.

yurinka

As I remember in the leaked Capcom games schedule for the next 4 years or so there were multiple RE games but non of them was RE9, so very likely Dusk Gollem is lying again and Capcom didn't start to develop RE9 because they should be busy with these and many other non-RE games planned for the next 4 years or so.

But as a fan guess, to see Jill back wouldn't be strange.

Dude was right about fucking werewolves in RE8,I'd believe him when it comes to this series at least. Everything else not so much.
He has been right some times, he also ha been spreading lies a lot of times. Like Kojima working on Silent Hill or basically everything he said about Street Fighter and Yoshinori Ono.

image.png

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Set your expectations. The rumor comes from Dusk Golem.

They had to?

Predicting RE stuff is like shooting fish in a barrel. There's like 4 main characters, so of course Jill, Claire, Leon, Chris are going to show up in a future or spin off game. With a "twist" that Weaker will come back as well😮

SkylineRKR

If there using Jill then the camera needs to be 3rd person at a low angle, otherwise having her is pointless.

If it's first person I can think of a much better character... one where crafting gun parts out of materials in the middle of no where would make a little more sense... a weapons expert who's prior role involved customising and maintaining the teams weapons... who was it again? The name escapes me but it began with a B.

This sort of goes for any of the staple RE heroes. I think they'll always be in third person. Players want to see them and it opens up some melee and evade skills. Ethan was a blank slate for a reason I think, because the direction was FP. One way or the other.

Top Bottom