• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter shareholders vote overwhelmingly in favor of Elon Musk's $44 billion takeover deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MastaKiiLA

In a move that should shock absolutely no one, Twitter shareholders have voted to approve the takeover: https://edition.cnn.com/2022/09/13/tech/twitter-elon-musk-deal-shareholder-vote

(CNN Business)Elon Musk may be fighting tooth-and-nail to get out of his deal to buy Twitter, but the social media company's shareholders plan to hold him to it.

The vast majority of Twitter (TWTR) shareholders on Tuesday voted in favor of Musk's $44 billion takeover deal, a value of $54.20 per share. The company's stock opened Tuesday at just under $41 per share, nearly 25% below the deal price.
A preliminary count indicated that 98.6% of the votes cast on Tuesday were in favor of the deal
, Twitter said in a statement.

"Twitter stands ready and willing to complete the merger with affiliates of Mr. Musk immediately, and in any event, no later than on September 15, 2022, the second business day following the satisfaction of all conditions precedent, which is the timeline required by the merger agreement."

The vote came days after Musk's third letter to Twitter seeking to terminate their deal, with this one pegged to a purported $7.75 million severance payment the company made to its former head of security, Peiter Zatko, who later blew the whistle about its alleged security and privacy vulnerabilities.

In the letter, Musk's lawyers claimed the payment — said to have been made to Zatko and his lawyers on June 28 as part of a separation agreement — violated a provision of the acquisition contract. Twitter agreed not to provide any severance payments to employees in amounts outside "the ordinary course of business consistent with past practice," according to the contract.

Twitter slammed Musk's latest effort to get out of the deal as "invalid and wrongful."

Twitter shareholders today:
Show Me The Money GIF
give me my money GIF by Beat Shazam

Last edited by a moderator:

MastaKiiLA

I guess a mod edited because I was editorializing in the OP. My bad on that. I'll post it here:

Those 33%+ overnight gains are gonna feel so good when Musky has to swallow this turd sandwich. "You're not gonna like it, but you're still gonna eat it."

Again? Didn't they already approve it?
Good question. I'm not sure. Just saw it on CNN, and thought it was recent.

Last edited:
I remember when Musk haters rooted for the deal to not go through because they were afraid of too much freeze peach or something. As soon as it turned out that the deal is a total scam, they've been rooting for it to go through.

I personally hope it goes through and Musk changes Twitter's ridiculous censorship policies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I remember when Musk haters rooted for the deal to not go through because they were afraid of too much freeze peach or something. As soon as it turned out that the deal is a total scam, they've been rooting for it to go through.

I personally hope it goes through and Musk changes Twitter's ridiculous censorship policies.
Awkward The Simpsons GIF

They'll lock him up in prison over some manufactured Tesla or Space X monetary thing they find to prevent him from ever changing Twitter due to the power it wields over the public.
They sure are going full Kremlin as we speak.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom