• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft claims it’s ‘undecided’ if it will raise game prices to $70 in 2021

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

During its third quarter earnings call on Tuesday, the Assassin’s Creed publisher was asked if it planned to increase triple-A game prices to $70 during its next fiscal year, which runs from April 2021 to March 2022.

“In terms of pricing, we’ve been analysing the competitive dynamics of the past quarter and we are still looking at new opportunities, but we have not made any decision yet,” chief financial officer Frédérick Duguet claimed.

ZywyPL

Banned
Well, companies like Ubi and EA with their DLC/MTX practices can easily get away with "losing" 10$ on each copy sold, while looking as a pro-consumer heroes in the process. But in 2-3 years time I believe all games will be 70$ no matter what, it's just all about who will make the first step and gets all the hate for it, but as soon as the dust settles everyone else will follow suit.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
They will make peop,e wait for a sale instead of buying day 1.
I rarely buy anything day 1 and waiting for sales in like 7 times out of 10 (if we're talking about AAA games) and that's been going on for years now. And I for sure will never, never buy any Ubisoft game day 1 (or most of their games for that matter), unless it's a new Splinter Cell.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Serious question - where I can find this mythical $70 game? Every online outlet is always running promos, same with B2G1 at physical retailers. People have more games than ever to play, meaning due to backlog there will be less Day 1 purchases.

Super Mario 3D World comes out in 2 days, is 59.99€ on the eShop, 44.99€ on Amazon, and Fnac is running a promo at 49.99€ + 15€ gift card.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I rarely buy anything day 1 and waiting for sales in like 7 times out of 10 (if we're talking about AAA games) and that's been going on for years now. And I for sure will never, never buy any Ubisoft game day 1 (or most of their games for that matter), unless it's a new Splinter Cell.
I’m shocked.

I though it was only the Gamepass kids that didn’t buy games.

You just rocked a whole community here.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Serious question - where I can find this mythical $70 game? Every online outlet is always running promos, same with B2G1 at physical retailers. People have more games than ever to play, meaning due to backlog there will be less Day 1 purchases.

Super Mario 3D World comes out in 2 days, is 59.99€ on the eShop, 44.99€ on Amazon, and Fnac is running a promo at 49.99€ + 15€ gift card.
It it mythical? https://www.playstation.com/cs-cz/games/demons-souls/

Kagey K

Banned

The official Sony store?

What a unicorn.

Last edited:
Top Bottom