• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Connect 2.0 Leaks, Looks Like the Epic Games Store

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Now, almost three years after Ubisoft Connect first came out, the publisher is reportedly gearing up for a comprehensive update to the game client. Respawn First was provided with a slew of screenshots featuring the new and improved Ubisoft Connect 2.0, and it seems that its design language borrows heavily from the Epic Games Store in particular. According to the leaked images, the majority of the UI is dark and sleek, and some of the highlights include a reworked home page, login screen, and game library pages.

The featured version of Ubisoft Connect 2.0 is currently undergoing a beta stress test, and the source claims that it is slowly being rolled out to a small number of users, meaning that it's not necessarily going to look like an offshoot of the Epic Games Store once it fully launches to a more widespread audience. Since Steam Deck users can easily install the Epic Games Launcher, Ubisoft is hopefully taking this functionality into account too.

image-1-1024x528.jpg

Comandr

Who designed this? The layout is terrible. All of the content is in the dead center like you’re looking at a browser windowed. The rest is just ultra minimalist.

It’s like they are trying to self sabotage.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Wait Ubisoft has its own Launcher?
They are also on Version 2.0 of it?
I was today years old when I found that out.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Oh boy, can't wait to see a videogames digital store filled with NFTs.
Watching Ubisoft's latest attempt at chasing 2 year-old trends is always fun.

Braag

Lol Ubisoft. Even EA came back to Steam, but Ubi's like "nah, we good... anyway someone want to buy us out?".

Drizzlehell

Banned
Wait, again? Didn't they just rebrand and re-release this stupid thing? I honestly don't know because it's been so long since I used it on PC. I don't even bother buying their games on a PC because of this crap.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Wait Ubisoft has its own Launcher?
They are also on Version 2.0 of it?
I was today years old when I found that out.
you spend all this time on an enthusiast gaming forum, and probably other gaming sources as well, but somehow have never heard of uplay, which has been around since 2009.
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

Last edited:

Black_Stride

you spend all this time on an enthusiast gaming forum, and probably other gaming sources as well, but somehow have never heard of uplay, which has been around since 2009.
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF
I thought they killed uplay in favor of Steam.
I didnt know they rebranded uplay to Ubisoft Connect.
Then again I dont play all that many Ubisoft games especially on PC.

*Dont play any Ubisoft games.
My Assassins Creed: Unity copy is from Steam.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I thought they killed uplay in favor of Steam.
I didnt know they rebranded uplay to Ubisoft Connect.
Then again I dont play all that many Ubisoft games especially on PC.

*Dont play any Ubisoft games.
My Assassins Creed: Unity copy is from Steam.
If you launch AC Unity, it'll install UPlay.

Holammer

This shit is why I don't feel bad for actively avoiding Ubisoft titles.
Imagine if Valve changed Steam to a minimalist metro layout?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Ubisoft: "let's make our own store"
Programmer : "but sir, EA tried, failed and went back to steam"
Ubisoft: "well we aren't EA"
Programmer mumbles "...yet" while leaving the room.

Black_Stride

*Checks Control Panel.

Nope.
But then again I havent actually launched Assassins Creed Unity in who knows how long.

I guess im going to need this shit when my new PC comes in cuz I aint about to NOT test out Assassins Creed Unity on it.
Or..........

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
*Checks Control Panel.

Nope.
But then again I havent actually launched Assassins Creed Unity in who knows how long.

I guess im going to need this shit when my new PC comes in cuz I aint about to NOT test out Assassins Creed Unity on it.
Or..........
Dunno why you are pushing back against this, you can literally just check the steam store page
AamGDwp.jpg

VN1X

Banned
Im confused. Didn't they just change it from Uplay to Connect? Now we're getting another redesign? Why?

What's also bizarre is that every time I load up EA Play (or "EA App" as it's now called) or Ubi Connect I have to update them. Like why these clients always need updating? Whenever I load up Steam it does just that, loads up and lets me get to the good shit. Bizarre.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Dunno why you are pushing back against this, you can literally just check the steam store page
AamGDwp.jpg
And, as far as I'm aware with Unity, it's always been this way.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Im confused. Didn't they just change it from Uplay to Connect? Now we're getting another redesign? Why?
Uplay to connect wasn't a redesign, just a rebrand, the current look has been the same long before it was rebranded to ubisoft connect.
What's also bizarre is that every time I load up EA Play (or "EA App" as it's now called) or Ubi Connect I have to update them. Like why these clients always need updating? Whenever I load up Steam it does just that, loads up and lets me get to the good shit. Bizarre.
Just a difference in pushing updates, steam pushes its updates while program is running and will hit you with that "restart steam" dialogue when it needs to update; the other launchers will just keep running uninterrupted until you restart it manually, or if an update is really required.

Black_Stride

AamGDwp.jpg
Pushing back against what?
I dont have Ubisoft Connect on my PC.
I thought Uplay was phased out and nothing replaced it.

Laptop1991

Each time they change it, it get's worse, not better, in reality they are not launchers but stores that in Ubisoft Connect's case does interfere with gameplay, i turned the overlay off and magically no stutters in Valhalla, this is not a good move in my opinion.

Denton

Great, so mediocre yet not too intrusive launcher becomes bloated ass slow mess like EGS? Ubisoft..

Top Bottom