• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft delists its NFT announcement as YouTube dislikes top 22,000

SJRB

Gold Member

Ubisoft has delisted its announce trailer for its Ubisoft Quartz platform, following overwhelming backlash that saw it receiving a dislike-like ratio of around 20:1.

The video, detailing the company’s plans to add non-fungible tokens (NFTs) to its games, was posted on the official Ubisoft North America YouTube channel on Tuesday.

Earlier today, VGC reported that the video had received over 16,000 votes, of which 804 were likes and 15,466 were dislikes.

300px-Leonardo_DiCaprio_Laughing.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Hahaaha. I thought Dislikes were non viewable?

So they decided to take it down looking at internal numbers?

Well, give UBI credit. Since dislikes are not public, they could had just left it there.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Last edited:

Holammer

Question is, did they shitcan Quartz entirely or are they waiting till YT plugs the API so down-votes cannot be viewed (supposed to happen Dec 13'th), for a new try.

Actually using "Return Youtube Dislike" Firefox addon which relies on Youtube API (which will be gone on December 13th, 2021), the real number of like/dislike at this time of this video is:
305 LIKE / 6.5K DISLIKE

You can install the addon here or here
More info on github: https://github.com/Anarios/return-youtube-dislike

Also: FUCK NFT
I think the hidden beauty of the whole "hidden dislikes" thing, is that it's now entirely possible for "sources" to claim that a very controversial video has a massive dislike count - and it's possible for clickbait-happy journalism sites to report on those claims, thus either constructing a bad narrative that the hidden dislikes are supposed to avoid, or forcing the company behind the video to publicly disclose the actual dislike count, rendering the whole stunt pointless.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Good. The vast majority don't want NFTs in their games. It's just a way for publishers to cream more money out of gamers.

Top Bottom