• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft: Female-led Skull & Bones TV show in the works before game launch, Just Dance Movie also.

skull-and-bones-on-ship.jpg
A female-led Skull & Bones TV show is in the works, it was today revealed by The Hollywood Reporter.
Ubisoft will partner with Atlas Entertainment to create the television show, based on the as yet unreleased video game of the same name. The show is billed as a “female-driven drama set in the lawless frontier of the Indian Ocean at the end of the golden age of piracy in the 1700s,” and will feature a pilot written by The Mist‘s Amanda Segel, who’ll also executive produce the show with Atlas’ Andy Horowitz and Richard Suckle.

This show joins Ubisoft’s Just Dance as its latest properties to the given the television or film treatment; in the case of the dancing IP, it’s getting a full-fledged movie. No, we’re not joking.

Honestly this doesn't make sense to me, isn't this game supposed to be primarily multi-player based with no story? It's also confusing that they would be marketing this ahead of the game since in this case the game would be helping elevate the show as this show is definitely not going to get people to run to Gamestop to buy the game.

Also there's some other issues here but I'm curious what your opinion is on this.

Also a Just Dance movie is coming out as well, I guess. At least that kind of makes more sense.

TeamGhobad

Banned
the game is MP but the show will fill in the blanks with story. think quantum break and how great that worked..

also female lead means all the actors are female or that the writers are female?

Last edited:
the game is MP but the show will fill in the blanks with story. think quantum break and how great that worked..

also female lead means all the actors are female or that the writers are female?

Both.

Also Quantum Break had the TV show in the game so that doesn't really apply.

#LastIdea?

Both of these sound terrible. Learn from the obvious, glaring mistakes of your forebearers (FFXV and QB jump immediately to mind).

Top Bottom