• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft had a dozen Battle Royale games in development at one point

Jinzo Prime

I read somewhere that basically all Ubisoft titles are centrally planned by a handful of creative directors then dolled out to whichever studio is ready to take on a new project. That's how you end up with a dozen battle royales.

Last edited:
Ubisoft aren’t the only game companies who seem creatively bankrupt. Unfortunately it seems like most gaming companies especially AAA are just trend chasers now who rarely deviate from the norm and are very risk averse. I especially notice this pattern in open world games everyone is strangely obsessed with. I am not even going to mention Hollywood.

jigglet

Banned
They know it only takes one to hit. Just throwing stuff out there to see what hits.
Except they barely even got anything out. The first one came out just a few years ago which was many years after the BR trend kicked off. And even since then I think they’ve only released one more?

How do you make a dozen games but only 1-2 end up being released.

Top Bottom