• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft has confirmed it plans to release Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope, Skull & Bones in April 2022 - April 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member

Ubisoft FY22 Q3 Earnings info came out today and info revealed includes:

• Revenue €746.1m -25.5% YoY
  • Back catalogue sales up 37% YoY
  • Assassins Creed Valhalla net bookings up 80% over Odyssey
  • Rainbow Six Siege at 80m players LTD; up 10m in the last 12 months
  • Rainbow Six Extraction at 5m players LTD
  • Skull & Bones lives
  • Far Cry 6 playtime up 45% over Far Cry 5. No actual comment on sales.
  • To launch in FY23 (April '22 - March '23): Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope, Skull & Bones as well as more exciting games.

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
I remember seeing something in a post on here that the new Mario + Rabbids was having dev issues so my bet is that one is more towards 2023

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I think Valhalla is better knowing Odyssey is good, the raiding design, advancing combat, side characters (Sigurd, Ragnar's sons etc.) are better, the dawn of ragnarok DLC expansion should be listed (march release) also UBISOFT has to better position it's shooters (rainbow six, splinter cell, the division ghost recon etc.) they're all taking interesting approaches but you could argue there hasn't been a good Ubisoft shooter, traditional shooter since Wildlands. Siege represents season passes, linear performance, esports and to me is a throw away game.

Andodalf

Banned
I think Valhalla is better knowing Odyssey is good, the raiding design, advancing combat, side characters (Sigurd, Ragnar's sons etc.) are better, the dawn of ragnarok DLC expansion should be listed (march release) also UBISOFT has to better position it's shooters (rainbow six, splinter cell, the division ghost recon etc.) they're all taking interesting approaches but you could argue there hasn't been a good Ubisoft shooter, traditional shooter since Wildlands. Siege represents season passes, linear performance, esports and to me is a throw away game.

Valhalla is better mechanically. I like Kass better and the setting, but AC:V just works a lot better as a game.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Valhalla is better mechanically. I like Kass better and the setting, but AC:V just works a lot better as a game.

It feels less. . .grim for sure. Maybe grim is not the right word. Bleak? Kassandra is way more free spirited than Eivor and the game overall is just more colorful.

. . .that said, the writing is way better in ACV and the skill-tree is a lot more flexible and fun to dick around in. Then there's everything else they threw in to the game after launch.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Mario + Rabbids was having dev issues so my bet is that one is more towards 2023
billy-madison-adam-sandler.gif

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
-Regarding Skull and Bones:

“It’s a very promising new IP focussing on multiplayer first, so very consistent with our strategy to bring multiplayer competition and co-op first in a big open world, with a great, attractive fantasy,” he said.

“That’s of course a longer development time that we’ve had on that game, but we’re very happy with the artistic direction and the progress of the game so far.”

Chiggs

I want the Avatar game; it looks gorgeous, and if I can play as the Mercs, gunning down cat people on colorful dragons, it will fulfill a wish I've had since 2009.

Better yet if there's some serious linkage to the next Avatar movie, due out in December.

Last edited:

amnesia

I want the Avatar game; it looks gorgeous, and if I can play as the Mercs, gunning down cat people on colorful dragons, it will fulfill a wish I've had since 2009.

Better yet if there's some serious linkage to the next Avatar movie, due out in December.

Yeah, maybe killing those damn giant smurf hippie tree huggers could be fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joey.

I just rewatched Avatar for a refresher for Avatar 2 this December. It’s a fun movie - not my favourite of all time but it’s enjoyable.

The game has me very intrigued. Will be fun to see how it pans out. A release near December would be cool.

yurinka

Does anybody actually care about Avatar?

I think it's gonna flop really hard.
Game being released by one of the biggest AAA sellers more or less at the same time than the sequel of one of the most successful movies ever.

I assume plenty of people will care about it and that will be a big success. I highly doubt it could flop.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In its full-year earnings report published on Wednesday, the company said Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope and Skull & Bones are on track to release during its current fiscal year ending on March 31, 2023.

Speaking on the company’s earnings call, chief corporate finance officer Frédérick Duguet narrowed the release windows for the three games to the second half of the fiscal year, meaning they won’t be released before October 1, 2022.

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope were both previously confirmed for release in calendar year 2022, so they should arrive in the last three months of the year. Skull & Bones could release in this window too, or during the first three months of 2023.

James Cameron’s Avatar: The Way of Water is currently scheduled to hit cinemas on December 16, 2022.

“Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora is coming on [the back of] the movie that we expect will be one of the biggest movies of the year, probably of the next few years, so we are confident that it’s going to be a big title,” Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said during the company’s earnings call (transcribed by VGC).

“On Skull & Bones, we have been working quite hard on that product so we plan to really bring something fresh to the market”.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I'm expecting Avatar in mid-November with the other two being February/March 2023.

I'm definitely hyped for Avatar as it's day one for me but Skull & Bones is a wait and see. No Interest in Sparks of Hope since Ubisoft changed the setup of the game compared to Kingdom Battle and more importantly, traded in my Switch 2 1/2 years ago.

Top Bottom