• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft is currently hiring for a new AAA Might & Magic game

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/ubisoft-is-hiring-for-a-new-might-magic-aaa-game/

Ubisoft is currently hiring for a “new Might & Magic AAA game”, a job listing has revealed.

The company is looking for a candidate who can “champion the brand marketing and product marketability of a new Might & Magic AAA game.”

The game is seemingly in development at Ubisoft Shanghai, according to the job listing.

The Might & Magic series dates back to 1986, when the first title in the series, Might and Magic Book One: The Secret of the Inner Sanctum was released for Apple II, Mac, MS-DOS, Commodore 64, NES MSX and PC-Engine.

Since then, 10 games have been released in what the franchise considers its “main series”, with countless spinoffs also releasing in that time.

NeoGiffer

Can't wait to see how Ubisoft is gonna tarnish another legacy franchise.

8f5ByjV.gif

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I mean, the last couple weren't great (though 5 before them was pretty good) but they didn't seem to try and shit on the legacy either. It's not some dead series, the last (not great one) was only 7 years ago, weird to see this "oh they'll now ruin it" sentiment.

This doesn't say if it's a strategic Heroes game, or an old school RPG like Might & Magic X, or some attempt at a new action game, which never worked for the IP (with the exception of the overhyped Dark Messiah), to form any opinion whatsoever for now.

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
I mean, the last couple weren't great (though 5 before them was pretty good) but they didn't seem to try and shit on the legacy either. It's not some dead series either, the last (not great one) was only 5 years ago.

This doesn't say if it's a strategic Heroes of game, or an old school RPG like Might & Magic X, or some attempt at a new action game which never worked for the IP (with the exception of the overhyped Dark Messiah) to form any opinion whatsoever for now.
Dark messiah of might anf magic was actually a really cool game on pc. A shamr they butchered the console version though.

Lanrutcon

I mean, the last couple weren't great (though 5 before them was pretty good) but they didn't seem to try and shit on the legacy either. It's not some dead series, the last (not great one) was only 7 years ago, weird to see this "oh they'll now ruin it" sentiment...

This doesn't say if it's a strategic Heroes of game, or an old school RPG like Might & Magic X, or some attempt at a new action game which never worked for the IP (with the exception of the overhyped Dark Messiah) to form any opinion whatsoever for now.

Uh...DMoM&M has the best first person melee combat in existence.

If you can't kick a goblin down a greased flight of stairs to take out a support holding several large stones above an orc patrol then your game isn't trying hard enough.

Top Bottom