• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft+ Multi Access now available on Xbox

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Maybe MS can do us a favor and acquire Ubisoft. That way we can enjoy their games without having buy another subscription.

Regulators should t be an issue as Ubisoft looking to be acquired since their company is losing value.
Personally I'd rather Ubisoft do their own thing. I only am interested in 1 game from them every 5 years or more. Waste of money. Activision would be more than enough to make MS competitive as a console owner / sub provider.

I'd rather they spend the sub money on indies and AA games.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Maybe MS can do us a favor and acquire Ubisoft. That way we can enjoy their games without having buy another subscription.

Regulators should not be an issue as Ubisoft is looking to be acquired since their company is losing value fast

Mike Myers No GIF

Personally I'd rather Ubisoft do their own thing. I only am interested in 1 game from them every 5 years or more. Waste of money. Activision would be more than enough to make MS competitive as a console owner / sub provider.

I'd rather they spend the sub money on indies and AA games.

I only play rainbow six seige and maybe far cry. However, we are lying to ourselves if we think their IPs don’t sell well. Assassin creed is more popular than god of war and god of war has been out longer.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member

Regulators should not be an issue as Ubisoft is looking to be acquired since their company is losing value fast

I'm all for this.

Idea Ghosts GIF by CBS

Ywap

I've subscribed to Ubisoft+ many times on PC. It's like with EA:s more expensive one where you take a month here and there to play their new releases.

Good stuff imo 👍

Mr Moose

Question - why is this on Xbox and not PlayStation at the same time?
May 16, 2022
Ubisoft+ will come to PlayStation in the future, bringing access to more than 100 titles, additional content packs, and rewards to the platform. The subscription service is currently available on PC, Stadia, and Amazon Luna, offering players day-one releases, classic games, and premium editions, and ultimately will be available on PlayStation and Xbox.

Ubisoft also revealed that beginning May 24, it will launch a new Ubisoft+ subscription for PlayStation Plus called Ubisoft+ Classics. Ubisoft+ Classics on PlayStation is a curated selection of popular games, including top-selling Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, The Division, and For Honor, as well as beloved classic games like Child of Light, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, Watch Dogs, Werewolves Within, and more. The Ubisoft+ Classics catalogue for PlayStation Plus will launch with 27 titles and will grow to 50 by the end of 2022

DaGwaphics

Yeah, the only way this would have been impactful is if it were an EA Play situation. As it stands, it's probably not gonna get a lot of traction.

Agreed. A MUCH cheaper Ubi service where new games get added after a year or two would be the much stronger play as far as number of subscribers go anyway. Unlike GP, there just isn't enough variety in the Ubi lineup to substantiate a $15/mo standalone service (as least not to the masses).

Pagusas

Elden Member
about $10 - $12 over priced.

$4.99 a month would have been perfect.

I wonder if we'll eventually see a multi-tiered gamepass, where the base gaempass has all MS/1st party games, and then you can get add on "channels" like UBI/EA/2k/other devs for like $5 each.

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member

I'm all for it, MS. Do it, just so we don't have to see them anywhere else again.
FFx1gwV.gif

Freeman76

Should be 9.99, but if u like some of these games its not too bad I guess.

I was gonna buy the season pass for valhalla a few weeks back, but i know they are a one and done dlc, this is cheaper than buying them and i'll finish them in a month easy. Couldnt see Ragnarok on there though.

zomboden

Banned
Nobody in their right mind is paying $17.99 for this when game pass is $14.99. I guess only mega fans of Ubisoft would pay that. But if you're a mega fan you have probably already bought their games. Who is this for?

This is stupid, but not really a bad deal for us - I just don’t get how Ubisoft think it’s going to work for them.

It’s too expensive to to stay subscribed given how many/few games they release a year, but I’ll definitely dip in and out to play stuff cheaper when something comes out. I can get through most games in a month, so $18 instead of $70? Why not. I’d never just let this roll though like I would with Gamepass.

Mahavastu

Agreed. A MUCH cheaper Ubi service where new games get added after a year or two would be the much stronger play as far as number of subscribers go anyway. Unlike GP, there just isn't enough variety in the Ubi lineup to substantiate a $15/mo standalone service (as least not to the masses).
It would be like the classics version you get bundled with PS+ Extra.
Yes, the choice might be limited, but then you get tons of games and even pretty new ones. That classics is so good that I really can not understand why you get it as a "free" extra, and the other, just slightly better version, for such an enormous price.

Last edited:

poodaddy

No thanks, I figure I'll just put my tongue in this here outlet, gotta be funner than playing a Ubisoft game.

Top Bottom