• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft plus might hit gamepass soon

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I'm hoping for Ubisoft+ to be a separate subscription because I want the games day one. They can add the vault to Game Pass Ultimate but I only care about the games day one and would prefer to pay $15 for a monthly rental as opposed to buying the games that I want to play.

Stuart360

It will be interesting to see how much extra it is, or if its just added to Ultimate, etc.
Even though i seem to be one of the few on here that actually loves Ubisoft games, i also cant deny that their PC subscription servies is incredibly pricey at £12.99 a month and you only get Ubisoft games on it.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I'm hoping for Ubisoft+ to be a separate subscription because I want the games day one. They can add the vault to Game Pass Ultimate but I only care about the games day one and would prefer to pay $15 for a monthly rental as opposed to buying the games that I want to play.
Well you can still sub to Ubisoft plus like you can with ea play if you choose to.

Javthusiast

Banned
Fuck yeah, thiccen that baby up.

Juicy GIF by Doja Cat
Jack Black GIF

Omali

I usually sub to Ubisoft+ for a month whenever a new game comes out. $15 for a $60 game I don't care about owning (who goes back to replay Far Cry games?) is more than worth it. And then by the time expansions come out that are worth playing, like Valhalla, the base game is already down to like $10 and cheap to buy.

MadPanda

Banned
It will be interesting to see how much extra it is, or if its just added to Ultimate, etc.
Even though i seem to be one of the few on here that actually loves Ubisoft games, i also cant deny that their PC subscription servies is incredibly pricey at £12.99 a month and you only get Ubisoft games on it.
I love their games too. I've played both origins and odyssey including their dlcs and I've enjoyed them a lot. Rayman origins and Legends both with my wife. The division is amazing too. I realize they're not GOTG or goty, but they're pretty good and perfect games for gaming sessions after work. That's why I've been hoping since first rumors came out that it becomes a reality.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Well you can still sub to Ubisoft plus like you can with ea play if you choose to.
True but EA Play doesn't have their exclusives on consoles day one. I think they do on PC but not sure since im not a PC gamer. I want Ubisoft+ on Xbox like it is on PC so I can subscribe for a month to play a new release instead of buying the game. I think that if Ubisoft+ goes into Game Pass, im expecting it to be nothing more than their "vault" which is not what im hoping for.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Doesn't sound like it to me, these accounts aren't run by anyone who makes the business decisions or really knows anything about upcoming secret news.
If this was the ubisoft account, then it would be a different story, but it's ubisoftnl, they really don't know anything.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Hmm... I have refused to play an Ubisoft game since Wilflands, but if they are included in gamepass... hmmmm ...

But either way great deal for a majority of gamepass users if true, alot of people enjoy Ubisoft games style.

Jaybe

Well we’ve already been told AC Origins so coming to game pass in June with a 60fps patch. We will see what gets announced.

MScarpa

You are not alone friend. I also love me some Ubisoft! This is fantastic news. We eatin good!!

Acquisition incoming

Oh shit I forgot about the Ubisoft rumors...well shit, it could be MS after all.

Guess it'll hinge on if this Ubisoft+ inclusion turns out to be real.

They’ve already said that it won’t be included as part of your Game Pass subscription. It simply means you’ll be able to purchase Ubi+ on Xbox. Possibly for a discount if you have Game Pass.

Oh yeah I heard about this particular bit, too. If that's the case, no big deal.

Last edited:

Rykan

They’ve already said that it won’t be included as part of your Game Pass subscription. It simply means you’ll be able to purchase Ubi+ on Xbox. Possibly for a discount if you have Game Pass.
Quoting this in case anyone misses this. Ubisoft+ will not be part of gamepass itself, rather you can purchase it seperately because apparently there are people willing to pay a monthly fee to play old ubisoft games.

MScarpa

Quoting this in case anyone misses this. Ubisoft+ will not be part of gamepass itself, rather you can purchase it seperately because apparently there are people willing to pay a monthly fee to play old ubisoft games.
Lots of people. YAY!! They make some great games. I know GAF hates them but I'm happy about this.
More games = more fun.

Rykan

Lots of people. YAY!! They make some great games. I know GAF hates them but I'm happy about this.
More games = more fun.
I don't understand the value here. What I personally think about the games aside, Ubisoft games are fairly similar to each other, very long and they go on sale a lot, making them pretty cheap. I don't really understand why anyone would pay 15$ a month to borrow Ubisoft games when most old ubisoft games are like..10$ ~ 15$ each.

I don't understand the value here. What I personally think about the games aside, Ubisoft games are fairly similar to each other, very long and they go on sale a lot, making them pretty cheap. I don't really understand why anyone would pay 15$ a month to borrow Ubisoft games when most old ubisoft games are like..10$ ~ 15$ each.

This is how I feel too. I just end up buying them for cheap 6 months after they release. Not interested in paying a monthly fee, especially since I take several months to chip away at each one a lot of the time.

Last edited:

MScarpa

You don't have to understand. People like myself are looking forward to having the ability to play these great games. You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine. 😀

chixdiggit

Because for $15 a month you are getting way more than just Ubisoft games. Did you think that Gampass was dumping the rest of library in place of Ubisoft games or something? It's just added value to an already great service.

Rykan

Because for $15 a month you are getting way more than just Ubisoft games. Did you think that Gampass was dumping the rest of library in place of Ubisoft games or something? It's just added value to an already great service.
Bruh, I'm talking about Ubisoft+. Ubisoft+ is literally just Ubisoft games for 15$ a month.

Ubisoft+ isn't going to be added to gamepass, rather it's now going to be offered alongside gamepass on Xbox. It was only available on PC prior. This is ubisoft+ right here

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Bruh, I'm talking about Ubisoft+. Ubisoft+ is literally just Ubisoft games for 15$ a month.

Ubisoft+ isn't going to be added to gamepass, rather it's now going to be offered alongside gamepass on Xbox. It was only available on PC prior. This is ubisoft+ right here
Bruh, you are in a thread about Ubisoft + possibly coming to Game Pass.

Yup exactly. Ubi+ is $20/mo. in Canada which is even more expensive than Game Pass Ultimate. Insane. I doubt it will be that expensive on Xbox for Game Pass subscribers. Maybe it’ll be something like 20% off for GP Ultimate. Still not worth it to me.

Boss Mog

I can't imagine the price staying the same for long if they kept adding other companies' subscription plans to it. I believe it's what will kill gamepass ultimately; the price increases. It's one of the reasons I cancelled Netflix. I stated at $7.99/month and was up to $18.99/month when I quit. A buck or two increase here and there isn't that noticeable when it happens but then somewhere down the line, you realize you're paying more than double what you started paying and it sinks in.

Top Bottom