• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft plus might hit gamepass soon

anthony2690

Banned
I’ll wait for the June event and if no mention I might just bite the bullet tbh. I do get enjoyment from AC games, and find the time to price ratio is very fair personally.
I am going to grab that Ragnarok expansion pay day, whilst it's still on sale, only one I haven't done, really enjoyed the other two expansions :)

I do feel AC games get a lot of unwarranted hate.

BlueHawk

Neo Member
I am going to grab that Ragnarok expansion pay day, whilst it's still on sale, only one I haven't done, really enjoyed the other two expansions :)

I do feel AC games get a lot of unwarranted hate.
I like to think of game time to price often and people don’t understand why FIFA is always so high for sales, it’s because people spend 100+ hours in it every season and not many games can do that any more, apart from AC and perhaps CoD, which is why that always hits high on sales, too. Like them or not - they are huge for a reason. Hope you enjoy Ragnorok

Jaybe

AC Origins is the Ubisoft game I most want to play, so we know we are getting that just from the general game pass announcements. If more is coming, super, but I’m not expecting it.

Would be handy. Just beat Valhalla+Druids+Paris. Was going to spend £25 for Ragnorok so this saves money.

I don’t console game often, but damn, Gamepass really is incredibly amazing.

I’m not sure what you mean. The DLC would not be included in Classics (if that even comes to Game Pass). You would need Ubisoft + which is paid. The best we can hope for is a free trial of that with Game Pass.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
AC Origins is the Ubisoft game I most want to play, so we know we are getting that just from the general game pass announcements. If more is coming, super, but I’m not expecting it.
It's not bad. Best virtual tourism simulator for ancient Egypt honestly. I didn't finish the game, but I had fun for about 20 hours riding around and looking at everything.

T-Cake

Yeah, I want to start at the beginning of the mythology trilogy. Was waiting for AC Origins to get its 60fps patch and then I would buy it but now no need to bother. I already own Odyssey on PS5 and Valhalla is coming, too. So everything sort of works out.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I’m actually thinking Ubisoft Classics won’t come to Game Pass. Because why would they have announced specifically that AC Origins would be coming to Game Pass in the next couple months if they’d planned to bring 27 Ubisoft games in June? I think PlayStation signed an exclusive deal with Ubisoft to bolster the new PS Plus higher tiers.

I hope Game Pass subscribers get one month of Ubisoft + at no cost. That way I can play Far Cry 6 for free plus the DLCs of some other games over the course of a month. I wouldn’t be interested in actually subscribing.
You could be 100% correct. Either way, I want the actual subscription service that has their games and expansions/dlc day one. This way, I can do the same with Ubisoft+ that I do with Game Pass which is sub for a month to play the new release and then cancel before getting charged for the second month. And then repeat the process for the next game or expansion/dlc.

Schmick

Maybe nothing but after updating the Gamepass PC app I was welcomed with the message shown below. Under Search Improvements Ubisoft is mentioned. in the same sentence with EA Play.

2xs0sDt.png

T-Cake

I think Ubisoft+ for the consoles will be revealed in the next Ubisoft Forward (September 10th).

XBox will of course "win again" because of the OG and 360 backward compatibility which means more games available for the same price compared to PlayStation. We already see that with EA Play.

T-Cake

I hope it does not come to gamepass - It will mean less other games for gamepass

... and UBI is the definition of mediocre these days

I'm surprised that Ubisoft Classics isn't becoming part of Game Pass Ultimate. Maybe Sony bagged 12 months exclusivity on that or something.

Naru

I'm surprised that Ubisoft Classics isn't becoming part of Game Pass Ultimate. Maybe Sony bagged 12 months exclusivity on that or something.
I think if something gets added to GP it's exactly that. There is no way the full Ubisoft+ gets added to GP for no additional cost.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
There has been a steady flow of Ubisoft games lately on GP

Wildlands, origins, far cry, and soon immortal fenyx,watch dogs 2.

Could be a coincidence, but that's a lot of Ubisoft games.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I’m not sure about paying another £13 a month for another subscription service to be honest.

My personal opinion is that it coming to Xbox like EA Play was originally, not as part of GPU.

Leyasu

Banned
I can’t see it coming to gamepass. I can see it coming to consoles though.

I won’t be subscribing though. Ubi have too many open world bloat fests. I just can’t be bothered

The_Mike

I think that he means the money that Microsoft would have to pay ubi, could leave less for other pubs/devs. Thus less for other games
Given they paid 600k for some cooking Simulator I wouldn't fear Microsoft would hold back for serious games.

Leyasu

Banned
Given they paid 600k for some cooking Simulator I wouldn't fear Microsoft would hold back for serious games.

I see what you mean. But a 600k one off payment is most probably like pocket change from one months revenue from go, whereas having ubi+ or whatever it is would probably cost quite a bit monthly. I can see his concern in all honesty. But I am writing this as someone who doesn’t really like ubis games at the moment.
Ahh, OK I get that concern.

Hopefully Microsoft has a clever way of how the money is distributed.

Yeah we’ll see what they do in the future. I am not bothered either way if it comes or not

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I think that he means the money that Microsoft would have to pay ubi, could leave less for other pubs/devs. Thus less for other games

It's not an invalid concern, but realistically I don't see Ubi+ coming to GP at all. Ubi+ itself costs the same as GPU. I don't see MS subsidizing *THAT* much.

b0uncyfr0

Its meh. Looks pretty much like every souls/bourne game.

Ill might try it if the difficulty isnt too high though. Why werent there any HUD elements..?:messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:

SpokkX

Please elaborate?

I'm confused why it would mean less other games?
Well any ubisoft games on gamepass is paid for by MS. Money that could have been spent to get other games

If they pay ubi for ubi+ - it WILL mean less money for other titles

Isnt this obvious?

Did you think ubi puts games on sub services for FREE? Serious question

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Well any ubisoft games on gamepass is paid for by MS. Money that could have been spent to get other games

If they pay ubi for ubi+ - it WILL mean less money for other titles

Isnt this obvious?

Did you think ubi puts games on sub services for FREE? Serious question

I was hoping with a service like ea play and ubisoft plus they'll just pay on a game basis as irs downloaded.

But I have no idea. I get your concern its completely valid.

The_Mike

It's not an invalid concern, but realistically I don't see Ubi+ coming to GP at all. Ubi+ itself costs the same as GPU. I don't see MS subsidizing *THAT* much.
Microsoft could come with an offer like with ea play.
They don't eat the cut from every GP user, but I could imagine Ubisoft would rather have 5 million a year from MS for having ubi+ which is a fixed amount instead of potential less subscribers which gives even less.

EA did it. Why wouldn't Ubisoft? Are we just hoping GP to be less valuable or what?

Also so many ubi titles lately.

Origins, Wildlands, immortal fenyx, watch dogs 2

Last edited:
Top Bottom