• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft plus might hit gamepass soon

I can't imagine the price staying the same for long if they kept adding other companies' subscription plans to it. I believe it's what will kill gamepass ultimately; the price increases. It's one of the reasons I cancelled Netflix. I stated at $7.99/month and was up to $18.99/month when I quit. A buck or two increase here and there isn't that noticeable when it happens but then somewhere down the line, you realize you're paying more than double what you started paying and it sinks in.

No need to worry about that since Ubi+ isn’t coming to Game Pass. It’s going to be a separate monthly subscription, possibly offered at a discount to Game Pass subscribers.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

No need to worry about that since Ubi+ isn’t coming to Game Pass. It’s going to be a separate monthly subscription, possibly offered at a discount to Game Pass subscribers.
I understood that from reading the thread, but I was just talking in general, but make no mistake the price will gradually increase no matter what.

MonarchJT

Banned
I don't understand the value here. What I personally think about the games aside, Ubisoft games are fairly similar to each other, very long and they go on sale a lot, making them pretty cheap. I don't really understand why anyone would pay 15$ a month to borrow Ubisoft games when most old ubisoft games are like..10$ ~ 15$ each.
because with that 15$ you take all Microsoft games, all Bethesda games, all EA Play games soon, all Activision Blizzard games + many third parties + Gamepass PC + streaming ... if you also add Ubi + ..... you will understand the advantage. Were you good at math in school?

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
because with that 15$ you take all Microsoft games, all Bethesda games, all EA Play games soon, all Activision Blizzard games + many third parties + Gamepass PC + streaming ... if you also add Ubi + ..... you will understand the advantage. Were you good at math in school?
Tell Me More To Do List GIF by Disney Channel

Rykan

Your teachers returned your tests upside down, didn't they?

If you actually bothered to read my other response in this thread, you'd have noticed that I clarified that I was talking about Ubisoft+, NOT gamepass. Ubisoft+ is a seperate service that (Most likely) won't come to gamepass, but will be offered on Xbox alongside gamepass. Ubisoft+ is a Ubisoft subscription that lets you play Ubisoft games for 15$ a month that is currently only available on PC and Stadia.

Bruh, you are in a thread about Ubisoft + possibly coming to Game Pass.
Yes, and as I clarified, they're probably refering to Ubisoft+ being released alongside Gamepass as a seperate subscription on Xbox (As reported here) or, and this is most likely the case, they are refering to AC:Origins and For Honor being added to Gamepass soon.

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
Your teachers returned your tests upside down, didn't they?

If you actually bothered to read my other response in this thread, you'd have noticed that I clarified that I was talking about Ubisoft+, NOT gamepass. Ubisoft+ is a seperate service that (Most likely) won't come to gamepass, but will be offered on Xbox alongside gamepass. Ubisoft+ is a Ubisoft subscription that lets you play Ubisoft games for 15$ a month that is currently only available on PC and Stadia.

You can read more about it here
that was the rumor and now there's a rumor saying that uni+ is coming Ina certain way to gamepass as did ea play.
Let's see )

Rykan

that was the rumor and now there's a rumor saying that uni+ is coming Ina certain way to gamepass as did ea play.
Let's see )
EA play and Ubisoft+ are not the same.

EA offers two subscription tiers: EA play (4$ a month) and EA Play Pro ( 14,99$ a month). The EA play that is included in Gamepass Ultimate is the 4$ a month version, NOT EA Play pro. Ubisoft+ only has one subscription tier (15$ a month) that is similar to EA play Pro.
Name check pls?
Oh come on, How can you not know her name!?

Last edited:

Chukhopops

There’s no way Ubi would launch a €15 separate service on a platform where GP exists, and at the same time announce the launch of AC:Origins to GP.

My guess is there will be some kind of nested partnership where you get some form of Ubi+ as part of GPU, maybe with a delay or without the DLC or whatever.

I really wanna know how many subs they have on this service today because the value seems really low and I say this as someone who enjoys Ubisoft games as comfort food.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
EA play and Ubisoft+ are not the same.

EA offers two subscription tiers: EA play (4$ a month) and EA Play Pro ( 14,99$ a month). The EA play that is included in Gamepass Ultimate is the 4$ a month version, NOT EA Play pro. Ubisoft+ only has one subscription tier (15$ a month) that is similar to EA play Pro.

Oh come on, How can you not know her name!?
Cos I assume she normally has a face looking like a painters radio but sorry don't remember her name in this case.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
might be looking too much into this. Nevertheless, would be a great add-on to GamePass. Microsoft should add a GamePass+ subscription tier, which might help them increase margins.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
There have been way too many rumors about this over the last couple of months for there not to be something brewing in the background.

If you can't buy Ubisoft, the next best thing is to get their premier service included in Game Pass.

I approve.

There have been way too many rumors about this over the last couple of months for there not to be something brewing in the background.

If you can't buy Ubisoft, the next best thing is to get their premier service included in Game Pass.

I approve.

It makes no sense for Microsoft to pay for a separate $15/mo. service to be added to its own $15/mo. service at no extra cost. They will offer it as a separate purchase, likely discounted for Game Pass subscribers.

It actuality blows my mind how many people in this thread think it makes any logical sense this would be added to existing Game Pass subscriptions. Zero percent chance of that.

Rockondevil

I don't mind some of the Ubisoft games if I just want to mess around in a big world.
I'd gladly welcome it go Game Pass. Honestly I'd probably be willing to pay an extra buck or two for it.

I don't mind some of the Ubisoft games if I just want to mess around in a big world.
I'd gladly welcome it go Game Pass. Honestly I'd probably be willing to pay an extra buck or two for it.

Well yeah a couple bucks. But what about the $10 to $15 it will actually cost?

I’ll predict the price gets dropped to $10/mo. for Game Pass subscribers. $15/mo. for everyone else like it costs currently on PC.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Expecting Ubisoft Classics (vault) going into Game Pass Ultimate and it gets announced during the Xbox Showcase. Ubisoft+ will also be coming to Xbox where it's their own subscription service but include their games and expansions day one which is what I care about.

Expecting Ubisoft Classics (vault) going into Game Pass Ultimate and it gets announced during the Xbox Showcase. Ubisoft+ will also be coming to Xbox where it's their own subscription service but include their games and expansions day one which is what I care about.

I’m actually thinking Ubisoft Classics won’t come to Game Pass. Because why would they have announced specifically that AC Origins would be coming to Game Pass in the next couple months if they’d planned to bring 27 Ubisoft games in June? I think PlayStation signed an exclusive deal with Ubisoft to bolster the new PS Plus higher tiers.

I hope Game Pass subscribers get one month of Ubisoft + at no cost. That way I can play Far Cry 6 for free plus the DLCs of some other games over the course of a month. I wouldn’t be interested in actually subscribing.

Last edited:

MadPanda

Banned
After that psplus annocement I certainly hope we get the same or better at xbox showcase. I was close to buying Valhalla earlier this year but opted for Elden Ring. I'd like to play it during the summer this year as I find assassin's creed games perfect for summer time. I also hope they add immortals and wd legion. I know people here don't like ubisoft games but I enjoy most of their games.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Couldn't care less about Ubisoft games. Specially old ones. I typically wait for their giveaway on PC. They used to give one for free per year. At least that's how I got 2 watch dogs games, Rayman games, child of light, and some assasins creed ones.

I'd hate if due to ubitrash MS ends up increasing prices.

T-Cake

I’m actually thinking Ubisoft Classics won’t come to Game Pass. Because why would they have announced specifically that AC Origins would be coming to Game Pass in the next couple months if they’d planned to bring 27 Ubisoft games in June? I think PlayStation signed an exclusive deal with Ubisoft to bolster the new PS Plus higher tiers.

Two theories -

1) At that time they hadn't finalized the deal with Ubisoft to bring Classics to GPU.
2) MS have got AC Origins as part of Ubisoft+ Classics but Sony have secured AC Valhalla. Similar to how MS secured GTA San Andreas but Sony got GTA III. They could have a few months exclusivity before the two platforms become congruent by the end of 2022 with the same games. (Obviously Microsoft are in a far better position because they can take advantage of XBox and XBox 360 titles for Ubisoft+ Classics whereas Sony are stuck without PS3.) It could be like EA Play is different on PS/XBox because of the availability of the extra XBox 360 games.

Last edited:
Couldn't care less about Ubisoft games. Specially old ones. I typically wait for their giveaway on PC. They used to give one for free per year. At least that's how I got 2 watch dogs games, Rayman games, child of light, and some assasins creed ones.

I'd hate if due to ubitrash MS ends up increasing prices.
Ubisoft+ Classic is worth much less than EA Play, so I don't think it would lead to a price increase.

Naru

I would certainly be happy if they add Ubisoft+ Classic to GamePass since I couldn't care less about playing their buggy games at day 1. By the time they join UB+ Classic (I imagine it's similar to EA Play) they should be pretty stable.
Do we know if UB+ Classic games will have all the DLC like the normal UB+?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I'd be happy if Ubisoft + came to PC Gamepass with achievements. Not likely to happen, since EA games get no such thing.

T-Cake

Do we know if UB+ Classic games will have all the DLC like the normal UB+?

Nope. None of the Game Pass games comes with DLC (except the odd first party title like Gears 5. But the DLC for Gears 3 is missing, for example). You'll need the main Ubisoft+ subscription to get everything.

Last edited:

BlueHawk

Neo Member
Would be handy. Just beat Valhalla+Druids+Paris. Was going to spend £25 for Ragnorok so this saves money.

I don’t console game often, but damn, Gamepass really is incredibly amazing.

anthony2690

Banned
Why do random nobodies on twitter keep getting threads.

Tweet threads are the worst imo.

Would be handy. Just beat Valhalla+Druids+Paris. Was going to spend £25 for Ragnorok so this saves money.

I don’t console game often, but damn, Gamepass really is incredibly amazing.
Its just a random nobody on twitter, nothing is confirmed sadly, I wouldn't get your hopes up too high to avoid disappointment.

Last edited:

BlueHawk

Neo Member
Why do random nobodies on twitter keep getting threads.

Tweet threads are the worst imo.

Its just a random nobody on twitter, nothing is confirmed sadly, I wouldn't get your hopes up too high to avoid disappointment.
I’ll wait for the June event and if no mention I might just bite the bullet tbh. I do get enjoyment from AC games, and find the time to price ratio is very fair personally.

Top Bottom